TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I went to PT yesterday and then worked in my classroom for a few hours and I'm so sore today! Too much! Darn it. Frustrating! My back hurts today :tiredwheel:
 
@Tabbycat one step at a time, I think we all know this is a very long process, some days are good, other days not so much...sending you positive thoughts and energy!!!!!
 
It definitely is a roller coaster of a recovery. Just when you think things are getting better there's another turn in the road. I tried to watch some type of mindless comedy every day as laughter can help pick up your spirits.
 
Update at 3 months post op.
I saw my OS today, for my 3 month check up and am very relieved to say he is pleased with my progress, though I was worried I hadn't made much. He did remind me that my knee had a lot of chronic inflammation in the joint lining which needed a great deal of work to clean up which is prolonging the healing time. I'm still using one crutch for support, mostly because my extension has a way to go yet, but it is improving slowly. My knee can now flex to 100 and that will hopefully improve some more too as there is still some inflammation from the surgery. He also said that it can take a year to 18 months for the knee to be as fully functional as it is going to get. My scar has healed well but is hypertrophic, so the OS suggested I ask my GP for some Kelo Cote or similar, he thinks the appearance can be improved. He also said the massage has paid off. So all in all I am much encouraged. He's happy to see me in 3 months time unless my extension gets 'stuck', and his parting words were "whatever you are doing, keep doing it".
I translate this as listening to your body, following your instincts, and doing things the BoneSmart way!
 
Excellent, Tabby! Isn't it nice to know that despite your concerns and setbacks, you are making forward progress? It sounds like your doctor and physio have been good partners with you in your recovery. I have no doubt that you'll end up where you want to be. Nice work, my friend!
 
Tabby, what a great report, you must be so happy ROM 100 is excellent, how exciting. :wowspring:

I hope you find a way to celebrate this huge victory. See patience and perseverance does pay off. I think this is the biggest challenge many of us have experienced on our bodies, to have so little control over your daily physical activities and all of our limitations, but it does pay off at the end.:happydance:

I personally would like to fast forward at least 6 months, I'm seriously thinking about retiring early, maybe around or right after Christmas, the only thing that has kept me at my job is health insurance, by then my knee should be much better, what scares me is what the knew president may do with the Obama Care Health coverage. We'll see, I'm tired of working full time and this surgery has taught me to enjoy life as much as you can, and I have been unhappy with my job for a long time, it's time to close that chapter of my life.

You know when I scheduled my surgery they used the term "ELECTIVE SURGERY" who in their mind would choose to have this done if they didn't have to...the irony:bored:

Enjoy your day, but don't over do it, Lady Knee has her it's finicky :secret:
 
What a great report! I'm so glad you're doing better than you were. Your ROM says the swelling is going down and I'm sure you're happy about that. Enjoy the progress and the freedoms that come as we heal. Kim
 
Hi @Tabbycat,
So sorry you're having such up and downs lately, I'm about a month ahead of you in recovery and I have days when everything hurts (beginning to think I may have wide spread arthritis) however worse in my knees!
I hope the Tia Chi for arthritis helps you and physio gets easier next time around.
Sending good thoughts of hope and comfort your way :console2:
 
Thank you so much @Majella, you sound a lot like me with all the aches and pains. I'm hoping the Tai Chi will help, it looks deceptively simple and easy but in fact requires concentration and I like the symmetry of it, it feels nice to do.
 
@Tabbycat - what a wonderful report from your OS visit! After your setbacks and frustration, I'm sure it was music to your ears. I'm happy that you're progressing so well.
 
I am thrilled with your report from your OS! You thought you were lagging behind, and here your are doing great! It goes to show you that each knee is different and yours has a lot of over come. I know you are so relieved! Praise God for your good recovery!
 
So happy to read that you had a good doctors appointment and that you have a 3 month break and I pray everything continues to move forward in the same positive way :)
 
@uva55
Was it the one where I was describing how I slipped? That was eight weeks ago. It set me back a whole lot, but the OS reassured me yesterday no serious damage was done.
My knee is quite sore this morning after my busy day yesterday, but the heat is very exhausting and I didn't sleep so well. Ice will feel lovely today.
I think I've thought of a name for my new knee. I'm going to call her Hermione (from the Harry Potter series). She starts out as an insufferable know it all, but blossoms into a character with steadfastness and intelligence who saves her friends and doesn't break down in a crisis. She's got strength, steadiness and compassion which are qualities I hope to develop from going through this experience.
 
That's a great name, I have not found a name for mine yet, haha

I'm glad you are doing well!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom