TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Your picture is very beautiful. I can't take credit for the :chuckmarch:poop fairy designation though. It was chosen by another friend who had her surgery last July. I just though it was funny too so I've continued to use it.
 
@sistersinhim
I'm not too bad thanks, but the weather has warmed up and I'm feeling so tired, could also be the post op energy drain I've heard tell of. Now I wonder why that would be...
Hope you are doing ok, don't forget to pace yourself, and celebrate the little victories.
Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat - Glad to hear you are "not too bad" - that is an optimistic outlook. I am sorry you are feeling so tired - it's crazy how it can just "hit" you. I wrote the other day that I had gone to the park with my grandchildren but the heat cut it short. I will tell you - that heat can zap it out of you. Stay cool :egypdance:
 
You are so right @GA-Peach. I'd love to be walking more but by the time I am ready to walk the temperatures are in the 90's and I don't want to get zapped.
 
@Tabbycat I am glad you are doing well, it is, also, very hot here in Tampa,FL in the 90's, I hate it, if there is any little bit of energy left in me, the temperature outside will take care of that, haha, I'm cold inside the house, and hot outside, can't win :)
 
@Tabbycat In re-reading your thread, I remember having that dreadful itching myself and was warned it might happen after the Spinal Block. It felt as if I had fleas!!!:rotfl:
 
I didn't have a spinal block, just a femoral one, but had a reaction to codeine of itching and flushing.
Is anyone getting extreme fatigue at 11 weeks post op? It's more than the drowsiness caused by the Cocodamol. I don't know if it's the last 11 weeks catching up with me, or whether the RA is playing a part, but I just feel exhausted in spite of better sleep. No energy at all and can't concentrate on anything. Getting a bit down about all this now.
Hope everyone is doing well
Tabby xxx
 
I'm so sorry you are feeling down. Are you getting out and about? That helps me mentally. Maybe your regular physician can help with the fatigue issue. I have energy when I get up for a while :) According to what I do. I'm not super motivated. I have to force myself to do somethings.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<


@Tabbycat I am sure is just part of this roller-coaster, you have been feeling a little better so maybe you have been a little more active and that's why you are fatigue? Don't let it get you down, I know it's not easy but we have to fight it, pull out one if your coloring books, listen to some uplifting music. Music is my therapy.

I myself slept better last night, and woke up exhausted and achy all over and even nauseous, I started to feel a little down, then went back to earlier postings when I was feeling much worst and realized that it's OK if I'm having a bad day, I'm still doing much better than 3 weeks ago!!! I hope you start to feel better soon :flwrysmile:

The show must go on!!!
 
Tabbycat I bet you have been doing a little bit more since you're feeling better and now it's catching up with you. Remember, they say it takes a year or more to heal. When I start to feel better I do too much and then I'm down for a day or two. Here's the roller coaster they talked about on here. I think we're all experiencing it. Please just rest today and let your energy go to your knee. Tomorrow will be better!
 
Tabby I didn't have extreme fatigue at that time, I still had energy drain, but not fatigued. I wonder if you may be right and the RA is playing a part. Are you getting out and about a little more these days as a change of scenery? I know you are exhausted but it might be good for you to breathe some different air. Really hoping this roller coaster gives you a break. Sending love from Texas.
 
I'm hoping you are having a much better day, Tabbycat! Another day closer to complete healing for you and all of us!
 
I had one of the worst days so far yesterday, the tears just kept coming, but I know this sometimes happens. Thanks @LFitz and @tjcteacher, for your encouragement to make the effort to get out more, very often a change is as good as a rest and I think it will help my mood. We have two nice parks in Newport (both with lovely tea shops), so that's an incentive! They say that what you focus on becomes your reality, and it's basically been nothing but the knee for the last three months (and severe knee pain for seven months before that).
On a more positive note, I had physio today, and my ROM was measured at about 100, I could tell it was improving over the last week or so. And no actual PT exercises. We are still working on the extension, and improving my gait, but it will improve in time.
Thanks everyone for your continuing support and encouragement, it is always appreciated.
Tabby xxx
 
Oh sweetie those days are so very hard and I'm so sorry that yesterday was one of your worst. I remember those days like they were yesterday and I'm so glad today isn't the same as yesterday was. The visit to those parks is a great idea but remember keep it short, especially since you are still feeling pain. Nice cup of tea and maybe a scone - yummy.
100 flexion - YAY you!!! The extension will come as quietly as the flexion did and you will be amazed when it does. You got this Tabby. Sending love, prayers and positive energy from Texas
 
I agree with the others. Get out, if only for a little while. I know it does me good! Even just a walk outside. We understand the feeling of being boxed in, almost in a punishing jail. But, we have the keys to our jail. And can open it up and step out. Try to picture yourself 6 months from now. Then a year! You will get there and you will be better!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tabbycat your rom is fantastic big congratulations, sometimes you just have to let them tears flow. Yes enjoy a nice walk in the park with hubby and you little fur baby and treat your self to the biggest cake they have x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Tabbycat I am glad you are doing well, it is, also, very hot here in Tampa,FL in the 90's, I hate it, if there is any little bit of energy left in me, the temperature outside will take care of that, haha, I'm cold inside the house, and hot outside, can't win :)

@Tabbycat ...I feel the same way! I stay cold when indoors (my husband keeps the thermostat on 70), and I find going outside to warm up zaps my energy.
 
@Tabbycat, I'm so sad for you. When you're down and out emotionally everything seems tiring and just plain bad. You have been through such a trauma throughout your knee replacement. You have faced more challenges with it than most people on BS. Despite that, you have struggled and succeeded to maintain your positivity. You have given all your effort in rehab, all while inflicted with uncontrolled pain. No wonder you're tired my friend! I know you won't give up, and I know in the end you will be back to your mobile self again. For now, feel yourself wrapped in a blanket of love and let all your self-talk praise the valiant effort you are giving to your recovery. Sending you virtual hugs and so much admiration. :friends:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom