TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Happy Birthday! Glad you got to go out and enjoy your day. Hoping this birthday is the start to a year of good health and much joy. Love Lynn


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
Birthday flowers from hubby, aw bless him and after all I said!
My dad worked out I've been alive for 28908000 minutes,and said he's enjoyed every one. (He didn't pass on his maths skills though). What a lovely birthday I've had, and all my BoneSmartie friends made it extra special.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy birthday Tabbycat! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!
 
Welcome to your new year, Tabbycat. The flowers are gorgeous and so vibrant, so remember to stop and smell them! You and Hermoine are sure to have lots to celebrate in the year ahead.
 
Hi Tabbycat, what a lovely bouquet! Your dad is a sweetie and obviously loves you very much. I could actually feel the warmth of the occasion from you posts and am so glad you have finally reached the point in your recovery where you could fully enjoy the day. Hopefully, now that the injury you sustained all those weeks ago has finally resolved your progress will accellerate. I have made significant progress since I hit 3 months, and I hope you will too.
On another note, I wonder if you've seen Josephine's thread in the other joints section. . She is due to have her left shoulder replaced on August 1st. I know you have many followers on your thread, so thought I'd mention it here. I wouldn't want anyone to miss the opportunity to wish her well.
 
Yes, thank you @beaglador for that information. I know we will all want to send Josephine our very best wishes. I've never ventured into the "Other joints" section, but will do from now on.
 
I just had an e-mail about an online virtual workshop called 'The next level of using essential oils for healing'. It's on Saturday 30th July at 10.00 am Pacific time and 1pm Eastern time, and you can register for free at
https://po.st/eoils
@uva55, I know you were asking @PolarBear60 about the oils she uses, and @Suz, you were interested as well. It might be worth a look. I've always loved lavender oil, but I'd like to know more too, so I hope it will be useful.
 
Wow, this might be something worth looking into. I'm going to bookmark it.
 
Hope you are doing well. I see I missed your birthday. Happy belated one! Hope it was wonderful and you were able to not think about your knee for just a little while. Think of you often, even though I may not write much.
 
@birdwatchr
Thank you, that's so sweet! I am coming on, though I don't need to be reminded this is a long recovery. Hermione gets quite irritable if I've been on my feet too much, but I'm sleeping quite well and weaning off Cocodamol at last. I have two more PT sessions, mostly working on my extension which has a way to go yet, but is improving. ROM is still about 100, but I can still feel some swelling so I do hope it will improve if and when that goes down, I really want to get back on the exercise bike. I like the seated Tai Chi, but it means sitting with my feet down, so I can't do it for too long. I've decided three things that help this recovery : distraction with pleasant things, humour, and support of people who are going through the same thing. Nothing can replace that.
 
Tabby,I'm glad you are feeling better and sleeping...you always have such a positive attitude, I know things have not been easy for you, but you never give up, you are a fighter and always willing and ready to help others and lift them up.

It seems that swelling takes forever to go away, I still ice and elevate a lot and I still have swelling.

You are so right, distraction, support and the ability to keep your sense of humor are key components of this long process.

Have a beautiful Sunday Tabby!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
No special milestone today, but I just realised I am feeling quite a bit better at last.
I even managed to finish a cross stitch which had been a work in progress for ages and which I hadn't had the concentration to finish until now. I'm going to frame it and give to my friend for her birthday next week.
I was also going to attempt some ironing but Max had other ideas
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<


Thanks Max!
 
{{ Happy Birthday Tabbycat }} your cross stitch is beautiful and so is Max! love his white paws! he looks so relaxed up on the mantle...wish I could fall asleep that easy :sleep:
So happy to hear you are having better days :yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom