Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Hi Tabby, I hope you are feeling better today, ROM at 100 how awesome is that!!! The next step Is for your pain to be under control, hopefully that will be soon. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts from Tampa :wave:
 
Thank you @Happydale, I filled up a bit reading your post but in a good way. Thank you for your lovely words, they make a difference. When I eventually get through this and am able to do things I haven't been able to for so long, it will be worth it.
 
@Tabbycat,
So sorry you are tired all the time, I was too but it does get better with time. Congrats on your ROM:yes!:
I have never been across the pond as they call it, but the area where you live sounds lovely with all the tea shops and parks! hope you feel stronger soon and get out to enjoy them.
Hugs to better days ahead :console2:
 
@Tabbycat, CONGRATULATIONS on your increase in ROM! I'm tired all of the time too but so thankful that I too am increasing in my ROM! Like you, I can just tell it's improving and it feels so good! Hope soon your energy returns!
 
:thankyou:
Thanks everyone!
Mandy is our little ray of sunshine, she makes us laugh every single day. She's a daddy's girl really, and totally doted on. This is Mandy after she graduated from Puppy Class, where she was labelled " The Ferrari" by the trainer, and was outstanding for all the wrong reasons!

She's a cutie! Our golden doodle (in my avatar) is a total daddy's girl! She goes NUTS when he comes home and goes into "jealous girlfriend mode" when I give my husband a hug or kiss. She'll jump up and give him kisses :rotfl:.
 
hi @LoveGiants
Love your golden doodle too. We had one in puppy class name Ted, he was a teddy bear too, and very intelligent and well behaved.
Will be thinking of you when you have your surgery, and wishing you all the best.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi @LoveGiants
Love your golden doodle too. We had one in puppy class name Ted, he was a teddy bear too, and very intelligent and well behaved.
Will be thinking of you when you have your surgery, and wishing you all the best.

Thank you so much. I have spent the past days getting ready—shopping, cleaning, and food prep. I just have to pack a few things and I'm ready to go.

I plan on training her to be a therapy dog to visit patients and for kids in need. She has the sweetest spirit and disposition of any dog I've had. She *loves* people and is so gentle. When we take her to the dog park, she'll go and say hello to all the humans. So cute. I remember when therapy dogs visited when my mom was in the hospital and it was a wonderful experience. I'd like to do that for other people.
 
@LoveGiants
That's a marvellous thing to do, I think pet therapy is amazing, I would love to have done that with my cat Max, he has got the most loving nature, he's helped me no end in this recovery.
Max with his portrait, which was my leaving present after 22 years teaching nursery:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
    image.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken my sweet dog to the local nursing home for folks to pet. I just love seeing the people's faces light up when then see her. I bought a little vest that says her name and Therapy Dog in Training but rarely use it. Legally therapy dogs don't need certification but I think it would help to go to larger institutions. I have found it hard to find local training. She has gone thru two sets of dog training. Lately she's been MY therapy dog.
 
Max is gorgeous! He looks regal! I know he has helped you quite a bit in your recovery. Our pets are such a comfort to us and to be able to use them to help others is a wonderful thing!
 
I read a bit about it and to be allowed to go into a hospital, she'll need to pass some tests. Her "stay" isn't that great, so we'll work on that. They want to know they have good dogs going into the hospitals, which makes sense.
 
One of my dogs would be perfect. The Yorkie in my picture would be great size wise but I have a maltese/bischon mix who is as soft as a stuffed animal. She weighs about 11 pounds. Her best trait is that she loves to hug! She puts one paw on either side of my neck and nuzzles me with her face! I can't help but smile.
 
Ahw! Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful fur babies. Whenever I lie on the couch to elevate and ice mine has to either lie on my stomach or cuddle up beside me.
 
Hi @tjcteacher
Time for a bit of an update. I was definitely improving last week, but after physio Friday have had more pain and swelling which is annoying. We only did one exercise but it was a strengthening one and maybe my knee is not ready for that yet. Needless to say I have stopped doing it, and hope it will not be too long before it recovers. I really don't think the physio knows what to do with me, I am so up and down. I am concerned about my lack of exercise in general. I used to love doing Tai Chi, I used to be able to balance on one foot for at least ten seconds without wobbling, I can't imagine I'll ever be able to do that again, but I've found a DVD by Dr Paul Lam of seated Tai Chi for arthritis, so I'm going to give that a go.
Love to everyone reading this thread.
Tabby xxx
 
Hi @Tabbycat I'm catching up on your thread and send you a get-well hug. It's 2:00 am (pill time) and I woke up automatically before my alarm clock went off. It is still dark, the house is quiet, and I hear my sweet husband gently snoring in the other bedroom. A gentle breeze brings in fresh cool air and my thoughts turn to you and all that you are going through. You really are making progress, even though it doesn't always seem that way. When I get discouraged, one thing I do is take slow gentle breaths in and out, in and out . . . On the exhale, I visualize anxiety, worry, discouragement and pain leaving my body and mind. As I inhale, I breathe in love, kindness, health and strength. I continue the process getting more getting more specific in my thoughts with each breath. Usually I fall asleep. I just took some gentle healing breaths for you. Rest and recharge, my friend.
 
@TML
Thank you for those lovely thought, you really couldn't have given me a nicer gift. I feel soothed and comforted. You are exactly two months behind me. I hope things are continuing to go well for you.
Tabby xxx
 
You're most welcome. So, why are both of us awake in the wee hours of the morning! Hahahahaha
:yawn:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom