Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

@suzzee2000, you are probably home now and getting good and settled in. I know you must be so glad to be home. And your family too. Hope you keep your pain under control, and keep the ice going. I still find I need to ice after all this time, especially when I have had a busy day. Hope you are doing well. :)
 
@Threads Thank You!!! :) I am very glad I have been able to update with such good reports. I am thankful that I was able to let everyone know that some people do have fantastic recoveries! :friends:
 
@referee54 it sure is!!! :yes!:


I know you must be so glad to be home. And your family too. Hope you keep your pain under control, and keep the ice going.
Ice machine is filled and ready to go
I picked up my pain meds on my way home today so I feel like I have those 2 things down pat!! THANKS for stopping in to check on me!!!!
 
So, suzzee, are you home today? I will be excited for you to be back with hubby and kids. How proud of your bravery and progress they must be!:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
Oops. I see I am in mid thread. I'm a little groggy from driving over a thousand miles yesterday. I'll continue on and see how your homecoming was.
 
Congrats Suzzee!!!!! I hope you are safely home now and enjoying being surrounded by those you love :) Take good care of yourself. KEEP IN TOUCH!
 
@suzzee2000, how was your first night sleeping in your own bed :sleep:? I know it must have felt so good. Enjoy your first full day in su casa (your house) :thumb:
 
Welcome home! You have had a remarkable attitude! So happy for you.
 
Hi Suzzee,

Welcome Home! Like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz said:" There is no place like home!" I hope you're first home cooked meal tasted as delightful as mine. Tom
 
@Tomel yes yes it was!!! And the best cup of coffee in town!!! You are doing so well yourself Tomel and I for one and so thankful we haven't had a lot of problems with our surgeries!!!! Being home has been so wonderful! I am going to do fantastic I just know! The kids were bouncing on my nerves today but not because they were bad or anything....just after major surgery and quietness for 18 days getting back home was like whoa.....hold on.....I need to think a minute here lol......but all in all I am thrilled to be in my big comfy bed.....I would like a handrail tho....:) .......Like you said "There's no place like home" :happydance:and that's the truth!!!!!

@yiayia3 thank you for the well wishes!!! I am very happy to be home!!!!

@chestnc mi casa es bueno...muchas gracious senora!!!! Mi esposo is from Mexico!! :) Thanks friend it has been a beautiful day!!!! :)

@Jozilla thank you very much for the kind words. I know I am blessed by such a good recovery and so thankful for it! I hope it can help others see that everyone doesn't go through such difficult times! :) Thanks again!!!
 
Suzy, my BTKR is April 1st. I have followed your pre and post op threads for quite a while now. You are such an inspiration and I hope my attitude post op will be as upbeat as yours. I'm a firm believer that attitude is everything! I can imagine that some of your days have been pretty rough but you still share those experiences with a sense of humor. Stay strong!
 
@Eva41 Thank you for your post!!! :)

You are such an inspiration and I hope my attitude post op will be as upbeat as yours. I'm a firm believer that attitude is everything!

I do too Eva!! I really do! I will be rooting for you and will be so glad to see you here on the other side!!!
Prepare yourself as much as possible...but I have a feeling you already are doing that!!! The 8th will be here before you know it so good luck with everything! BTKR are not easy but I believe the best way to go! Because in my humble opinion......Both knees will be recovering at the same time!!! Can't wait to follow your journey! :):)
 
Hope you're having a good morning and enjoying a good cup of coffee!
 
Good Sunday Morning Suzzee! Hope you have a restful, healing day at home. Joan
 
I am doing fantastic.....things are going smoothly and I am beginning to get back into the swing of life....just at a slower pace! :):) I have been able to take my showers do my stretches, ice good, went out and sat on the porch and soaked up some sun for a few minutes yesterday and I take naps as needed. I help a little with cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes and it feels GOOD!!!! My husband got the children up this morning and took them to school! All I did was get my 5 yr old ready for school! It's been a productive morning :yay:

I had my some of my adult children come yesterday for a beautiful dinner and then sat down and watched the season finale of The Walking Dead.....Never in my life have I really liked a TV series since Dallas (80's) lol....but now I'm hooked non the less....Anyway we get together and watch the show and have all the fun and good snack food to go along with it! The little ones go to bed early on school nights so we make this evening time together for the older ones. It has worked out for some fun!

Life in general is going so good for me and I for one am one THANKFUL LADY!!!! Hopefully this keeps up and I keep recovering slowly but surely! Had a couple little crying spells over the weekend but nothing dramatic but a crying spell non the less!
When I think about everything and things others have said I realize, I have had no real problems. I have had no bathroom problems, no change in eating ( like others have had no appetite) and etc... but, everything just seems like it worked out perfectly for me and I am thankful God for it!

Wishing everyone who has endured any kind of TKR or BTKR surgeries the best today and everyday!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom