Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

So needless to say im glad that my prayers were answered. Dont over do it !!!
Yes they were answered and I for one appreciate all prayers! THANKS!

Glad you were wrong about me Ice!!! :):) I am a beast hahahha!!!! ...ok no I am not! I was crying for the first 3 days but not screaming hysterically:heehee:
 
Today's update....My sweet husband came in with one of those hospital bedside tables!! You know the ones that swing over the bed so you can put your tray of food on or in my case my computer on so I can continue to do my school work...comfortably!!!!
It is so much more comfortable to sit in my bed relaxing and icing my knees while working. I've tried to work at the table but it's too hard for now. Anyway just seeing him carrying that in made my day and my world easier!~

PS.... I'm going out driving to the post office and store tomorrow!! I'm excited!!! my husband picked up my handicap parking sticker and this will be the 1st time I've been behind the wheel since March 9th!!! :spin: I live in the country so I will be a nice slow Sunday driver and enjoy every minute of my FREEDOM!!! :dancy:

Hope all of you are having a PAIN FREE DAY!!!!
 
I honestly can't believe you are going to drive! EEEK! I drive few short stints, but I am not comfortable doing so and especially if I have taken my pain meds...nope! And you....you little warrior....both knees done and driving. Good job! I have a hair appt today, wanna drive me? LOL

Have a great day!!!
 
Good job! I have a hair appt today, wanna drive me? LOL
:heehee: Heck yes!!! I think I can make it!!!:heehee:
Seriously I told my OS my pain meds might not keep me completely pain free but I could NOT handle being in the O-Zone 24/7.....:snork: So I will take some pain to do what I want!
Thanks for the compliments too!!!
 
Well my errand running yesterday wiped me out for the rest of the day!!!! I went to the post office, picked up a prescription and stopped by the store. When I got home I got into bed and iced the rest of the day!! I've never thought of driving as work. But for me it was hard work!!! IT was wonderful getting out and driving but I was super tired. I have to rest up because my husband set up a birthday party at the skating rink tonight at 6:30pm for our 2 youngest girls (9 & 5)...since I was in Rehab he wanted me to be a part of the celebrations.....oh .....boy.....I better rest up.... the rest of today!!! :yes:
To all my BONESMART friends!!! Have a great productive and pain free weekend!!!:)
 
What a milestone, @suzzee2000 - driving and doing errands! When I can do that, I'll know I'm well on the way to recovery. Between surgery, your kids, school etc you have been fantastic. You are still a great inspiration, friend.:friends:
 
Well my errand running yesterday wiped me out for the rest of the day!!!!
@Josephine
It certainly feels good to get out and about---but at the stage of recovery at which you are in it is all to be expected.

The same thing happened to me---1/2 hour of a few errands wiped me out!

That driving around is all part of the normalcy that we crave so much---getting our life back in order.

It will take some time---that stamina is one of the last aspects to come back---especially after a BTKR.
 
@referee54 Never realized how driving is WORK!!! But the good news is I stayed in bed like a good girl rested and iced up for a couple days! Now I'm feeling great! I am NOT going to school as planned tomorrow.....Going to PT on Tuesday so will wait for Wed to start back. My class is only an hour and 15 min long and my teachers are great.... They have reassured me that :) I can leave if I need to...:)

That driving around is all part of the normalcy that we crave so much---getting our life back in order.
With my husband going out of town to work again in the morning and with 4 children I need to drive sometimes....so I will take it very easy and do what I need to! Don't want anymore setbacks!
 
Hi @suzzee2000 I have been reading your threads on both sides. Your attitude is so encouraging!! I look forward to reading your posts daily. Take care and looking forward to continue watching your recovery.
 
@OkieKim Thanks for the kind words! So glad you feel encouraged by my posts! It looks like you are going to have surgery one from today! Good luck!! You will do fine!!! I will be looking forward to seeing you here....on "the other side" as soon as you can!! :SUNsmile::flwrysmile:

Looking back I realize I did not post about the "Skating Rink" party for the girls Saturday night....IT was so much fun. I rode in the van with my legs up and iced. While I was there I still had my legs propped up and iced....On the way home I laid the seat all the way down like a bed in the back (conversion van) more ice and the 2 boys sleeping next to me....sweet ride home! :) l was able to go have fun and not over due things!! :happydance:

Oh the one thing I forgot to mention in helping others remember some things they might need when they go to the hospital/Rehab is a BACK SCRATCH-ER!!! I took mine with me and it became so much more than a back scratch-er! The nurses and aids and I used it to turn off the button that alerted them. It was in a weird spot over the top of my bed that none of us could hardly reach! We had fun with it!! :heehee:
 
Hey @suzzee2000 , despite your little set backs that come with trying to live a normal life:loll:
sounds like you are doing great! I don't have kids but I do have a foster license. Got a call today to see if I was available. I said to check back with me in June:cry:I hope I am ready then. What you do with 4 kids and school is inspiring. Keep up the good work!!!!!:thumb:
 
It's been One Month today since my surgery......Looking back over the past 30 days I am amazed at how I progressed with my recovery. But there have been a few things that I haven't been able to comprehend even though I understand that it is all part of the recovery process. The number one thing that has surprised me is being drained!! It is so surprising. I never realized how the "small" things would affect me in this recovery. I am worn out completely! I went back to school for one class Wed and one class today...it wasn't hard but I am worn out. I only have 2 1/2 weeks in this semester so I have to get back in class to finish it out! Retaking all these classes are NOT an option!
I sleep every second I can get. When I am finished with this post I am going to bed for the night. I went to bed last night at 7:30 and I want to again tonight.
I have my daughter in law coming everyday to help with the 4 kids from 3-8 but just getting them up every day and doing breakfast getting everything together and then driving them to school is so much work to me right now....I NEVER thought of it in this way before as being so difficult but it is.
My daughter helps with laundry and a few other things and the kids have chores around the house so I don't even have to do any of that.....

I feel like I have done so well being able to walk drive take care of myself and etc......so I don't really want to sound ungrateful!! Other than feeling so drained My health and recovery is fabulous!!! I just you to know it's not all a piece of cake and recovery is a slow process.....I've always had so much to do and my sweet husband stayed home for 30 days to help me but he had to get back to the job site....I miss him....his help has been the best! So even though I am very tired I know it's temporary....and it's still one day at a time.....


Hi @BigBend thanks for stopping by. I thought about getting a foster license but I don't know if I could handle a bunch more kids...lol.....Who knows the future though....
 
Hi Suzzee,

I agree totally with you on the fatigue. Several others before us talked about it, but now I really appreciate what they were saying.
Sounds like things are still going well for you. HAPPY 30 Day ANNIVERSARY.
 
Congrats on getting through the hardest month! When you look at your life, surgery aside, you're a mom in a household with 4 young children and you are going to school. That would drain the best of us! Add in major surgery and all the drugs, rehab, pain, worry.......etc........even Superwoman needs a nap....many naps! You don't sound ungrateful. You sound like a woman who has come to appreciate how hard many aspects of your life are. Because...they are! Fortunately, it is not just hard - it is good. :yahoo:Continue to take it one day at a time...even one morning and then afternoon at a time. Go to bed at 7:30 every chance you can. One day you'll wake up and know the worst is long gone and all you need to do is enjoy that husband and those kids of yours.:flwrysmile:
 
I went to my GP this morning and talked to her about how tired I am and how I feel depressed more than usual she said it's the medicine....But without it...I would be in pain....so I will continue on this road of recovery knowing it will be ok and will get better as the days go by! The good news she cut the dose of my blood pressure medication in half.....I think I will be off of that medication soon!!! :yes: I don't want to wish my life away but I will be glad to get a few more weeks under my belt to feel better....Oh speaking of that...I've lost 15lbs since my surgery....nice side affect for sure! :)I wasn't even thinking about it!!!!!
I only have 2 more weeks of College:yes!: but I'm very disappointed in my Math teacher:sad: because I asked him for 5 weeks to email what I needed so I wouldn't be behind. He didn't do it and now I'm overloaded with that class! :shrug:I have all the rest of my classes caught up....but now I feel over loaded! I have 2 certification tests on the 21st and 25th!! Wish me luck!!!
Biggest complaint still......I'm TIRED all the time.:sigh: and I have my days of depression!! I have NEVER had those days before....Oh you know what I mean....we all get bummed once in a while but this is very different for me...... But, I also know that everything is going to be ok and it is part of our recovery..
I know slow and steady is best but it's hard for a person with my personality to slow down.....:umm:

PT tomorrow......It will be great because he is a GREAT guy....no pain.....he said he want's no pain!!:yay: I was like Yippeee ....I don't either!!!!
HAVE A PAIN FREE WEEK FRIENDS!!!!!
 
Sounds like you are doing great. All most back to the real world.
Thanks for the help. Just when I needed it most. Good luck with those kids & classes.
 
I know what you mean about not wishing your life away, but wanting the next few weeks to be over, @suzzee2000 . We can tell ourselves all we want, and we do, that it will be all better soon. It will. Just doesn't help much when emotions and pain and obligation and tiredness and math teachers conspire against us. But, you have the right attitude about it all. Look that tiredness in the eye, acknowledge it, and tell it that it doesn't get to win. :hissy:

Congrats on the 15 pounds! Great side accomplishment!:thumb:
 
Hi @suzzee2000

I'm amazed on how much you do in one day! It's not surprising the fatigue is pulling you down. Us ordinary mere mortals are exhausted just imagining what you must be going through. If I might suggest, a "pamper yourself day" with all your favorite foods interlaced with naps and some quiet time. I'll bet your family would love to help with an early Mothers' Day for you.
We care! Please take a little time out just for you. Tom
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom