Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

@suzzee2000 It sounds like your hard work is really paying off! GOOD JOB!

I'm almost afraid to jinx myself and say this, but I have not had the sleep issues most talk about. In fact, I have the opposite problem. All I want to do is sleep. I wonder at what time enough is enough. I know my body needs sleep to help heal but this? I'm guessing the pain killers must have something to do with it.

I am hanging in there. No terrible pain or problems. I'm worried about my ROM. I have really struggled with it. I have been without a p.t. now for 8 days. I go tomorrow for my first outpatient session. I really need professional help!

I hope you have a great day! Good news about going home soon :)
 
@Derby good luck with your appointment tomorrow

All I want to do is sleep. I wonder at what time enough is enough. I know my body needs sleep to help heal but this? I'm guessing the pain killers must have something to do with it.
I do believe you are right about the painkillers! I finally had a good night sleep last night and I think it's because my painkillers came in and they were given to me at the correct time.
Just keep hanging in here Derby and just keep looking forward!! Everything will work out perfect for you!!
 
Hi suzzee, my Limerick buddy. Hope you are feeling well and getting plenty of rest. That's all you have to do at this point. Okay to sleep plenty!! Take good care of yourself. :kittykiss:
 
Good Morning @chestnc!!!! It was so nice to see your post this morning! I feel great this morning! I have had 2 good night sleeps in a row! YIPPEEE!!!! Lack of sleep has not been a fun!! You have a wonderful day at work and I will continue to rest and watch over Limericks:):)
 
GOOD MORNING!!!!! ......ONLY 2 more days and I am going HOME! !!! I can not wait!!! I feel like I did all that my OS asked me to do by staying the whole 2 weeks in Rehabilitation!!! I have rested and done my PT, All is well since they got my medicine straight and I get them on time. It's amazing how quickly things can change when the meds are out of whack!!! But Friday is my big day and I'm really excited about getting home to my family. My husband has help set up for me from 3-8 pm daily to help with the children and etc which will help me tremendously!!! The kids have been good and taking care of them has been a real eye opener for my husband.
I'm so thankful that my recovery thus far has been so good!!! My husband brought my 9 yr old niece yesterday to spend some time with me by herself, we had a very good visit. She said the little ones hog up all the time and are too needy! :loll:....She said I miss your laugh:) aunt sue.... Uncle tells us jokes but it's not the same thing lol....... I love kids they are so much fun and bring so much happiness to the house. Even though it isn't like that daily you know what I mean:)
I have had some pretty down days but, I hope those are few and far between...and I'm thankful for Bonesmart!! It's so nice to have a place to come together knowing we all go through the same things!!
Have a GREAT DAY everyone!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
YEA!!!!!! Suzzee
I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!
THANK YOU TOMEL!!!!! Your day will be here before you know it!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING @Tomel ?? Hope you are doing fantastic!!!!!
 
@yiayia3 Thanks for stopping by and YES, YES, YES!!!! I AM SO :happydance:ready to get home!!!!
 
Hi @suzzee2000, just 2 more days and home. You will feel so much better in your own environment with your family. I am sure two weeks seems like an eternity. I hope you were treated well there. Hope you are not in pain and you are doing very well with your ROM.. Wow I am impressed. You go girl!!. Keep on doing what you are doing. Count down time to home.. Yeah. Take good care of yourself!!! :dancy:
 
Sounds like you have had a great start to your new life Suzee! Your going home is going to be SO WONDERFUL! Brew up a big batch of Chamomile tea, prop up the pillows and get the TV clicker dusted off. Time to heal, rest, and heal some more my friend!:kittykiss: Joan
 
Good for you and the children! They are so fortunate to have you in their lives. Your hubby sounds like he had done a great job too!!
 
I can't tell you how excited I am for you Suzanne!!! You have worked so hard and should be very proud of yourself. Please take it easy and don't over do it. Keep in touch. I want to know how you're doing :)
 
Hi Suzzee,

Looks like we both can celebrate together. I also am going HOME on Friday. Have one more day of in-patient then starting on Monday, 4-6 weeks of out-patient. Looking forward to a home cooked meal and a good cup of coffee. Funny what we sometimes take for granted. Tom
 
Suzzee and Tomel, I am so happy for you. I know your families will be happy to have there as you will be to be there. Now remember the montraes still hold.

I won't be able to talk to you on Friday as that is my day to go to the "other side". I will post as soon as I can.:egypdance:
 
You guys just know how great I really do feel!!! Like a new woman! I am not kidding!!! Had another awesome day!!! Don't worry I am NOT going to stop posting and checking in on all of you!!! I will just be updating you from home!!!
@Tomel I AM IMPRESSED that you are going home so soon! There is no way I could have done it! And, Boy do I ever understand appreciating the small things and about having a GOOD CUP of COFFEE!!!!!


Brew up a big batch of Chamomile tea, prop up the pillows and get the TV clicker dusted off. Time to heal, rest, and heal some more my friend!

:friends: Thank you I will!!!!

Good for you and the children! They are so fortunate to have
you in their lives. Your hubby sounds like he had done a great job too!!

Thank You for the sweet compliment!! I am the fortunate one to have them!!! :):) And yup I do appreciate my hubby He's done great!!!!!

BTW....took my first shower without the "watchful eye" from the Aides!! THANKING GOD for the small things too!!!!! :yes!: Talk to you tomorrow!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Suzzee and Tomel, I am so happy for you. I know your
families will be happy to have there as you will be to be there. Now remember the montraes still hold.
I won't be able to talk to you on Friday as that is my day to go to the "other side". I will post as soon as I can.:egypdance:

Thank You!! See you here on "the other side" and yes friend, post when you can...... we will be patiently waiting for you!!!!!!!
 
Here it is Friday March 28th and i am going home! 18 days post-op and feeling like a different person today! The surgery went perfect on the 10th the next few days were very some of the worst days of my life! I have had such good care in my Rehabilitation center and my exercising is going better than expected. I see my OS next week! I'm so thankful for finding Bonesmart to help through one of the most difficult times in my life!! But anyway here's to :happydance:the starting of the next step to my recovery!
 
Yeah! You've been an inspiration to me on your up and down days. You've handled your journey with such grace. I will continue to follow you on your path as I wait for mine to begin. Safe trip home and happy landings on both feet!
 
@waitingtogarden, hope your op day went well with with your TKR. Let me know how you feel as I too dealt with and still dealing with RA issues along with healing though I am almost to the 6 month mark. Hope you don't have any flares while you are healing. I have had a few. Take good care of yourself and hope everything goes well.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom