Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

How long will you be in Rehab for?
They say 10-14 days depending on how well I do!!

please be careful and don't overdo things, trying to get back to normal too quick.
I promise I am not overdoing it at all :)My PTs have all said I am doing great...Not overachieving but over where many people are at this stage of recovery:SUNsmile:


And it will get better---thee little victories will turn into even larger ones!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance: YUP!!! It is exciting too!!

PLEASE don't over do it.
PROMISE I WON'T :)

Take all the opportunities you can to sleep, rest and heal.
You know I am beginning to!!!!!:)+++++++++++

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
THANKS And by the looks of it YOU need the luck of the Irish as well friend! GOOD LUCK WITH SURGERY!!! I will be thinking of you @Tomel and praying all goes well! It's gonna be ok just remember that!!!! This is day 7 for me and I know I've turned to corner to a great recovery!!!


It's funny how we become invested in each other's recoveries. Keep up the great progress!
@BigBend Truer words have never been spoken!!! I can't believe how all I wanted to do was get back into Bonesmart to talk to all of you!!!!:):)

Great to hear from you @suzzee2000 so pleased your doing so well keep it up x
@yiayia3 THANK YOU!!!!!!!:SUNsmile:


Well friends my 25 yr old son is stopping by to have lunch with me today :)since he is leaving out again tomorrow! I have had a FANTASTIC day today so far! When my PT comes I will give you a FULL REPORT!!!:ok:
 
Sounds like you're doing great! Your ROM is amazing! Do NOT get discouraged if you lose a bit of that in the weeks to come - I think everyone takes a dip in their ROM, but it's only temporary! I'm so glad you like your rehab facility and that it's close to your house! You've gotten great advice so I will not tell you to not overdo ;-) but please enjoy being catered to at rehab! You have a wonderful attitude and outlook and that's half the battle. Keep up the great work!
 
Yeah, Suzzee! You are doing absolutely great. I am so impressed. No need to repeat the mantras to you as you are doing it all the best you can.

You made it to the other side and earned a ribbon. I have Eleven more days of waiting. Trying to keep busy. Have you found shorts or sweats easier to work in? Any other suggestions!
 
Way to go Suzy , I knew you would do just fine . I dont think I could do 2 at a time . So to me you are super brave . Time will fly by . I remember my first week , seems like it was 5 weeks ago . I remember the energy drain and the lack of sleep . Im doing so much better. Well sounds like you are comfortable now , hopefully pain managed. I know you have your house all set up , will you be staying upstairs or downstairs ??. You are well prepared . Take advantage of the hospitality, dont let PT hurt you and resist the temptation to do more . ok Suzy, best wishes
 
Hello @suzzee2000 I thought id pop In and say hi. I hope you're having another great day. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you, we all are x x x x x
 
Hi @suzzee2000 I am cutting and pasting the following information on to your page so you can make it easy for people to access your posts (only if you want). It enables your thread address to be displayed at the bottoms of the page. If some one wants to read your posts they can by simply clicking on it. I hope that you will find this useful:

Hi everyone, I hope you're all ok. Just a quick one. I have pasted my thread under my signature. It's dead easy. So FYI this us how it's done. Thought it might be useful!

  • You go into your own thread page.
  • Click in the bar at the top that says Bonesmart.org and a load of http etc comes up.
  • Touch it once then press copy.
  • Go into your profile
  • Select signature, tap page twice and simply paste your copy on there.
  • Save changes - et voila, it's done.
I hope that this helps love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi Bill!!!!They have just said it was impressive! My extension must be pretty good, because they said it doesn't get better than this! :) Since I have moved to Rehab I had a PT come in from Cincinnati yesterday,Then I had a different one today and tomorrow will meet the team that works here tomorrow! I will ask them specifics so I can post correctly.
Hi Suzzee, your extention must be zero so in my eyes you are a super star keep doing what ever you are doing and you will be very successful. bill
 
I hope that this helps love Nana moon 27 xox
THANKS!!! IT Does help and I appreciate it a whole bunch!

your extention must be zero so in my eyes you are a super star keep doing what ever you are doing and you will be very successful. bill
Bill you are too kind but I will take it and go with it! THANKS!!!!!!
 
Other than being the normal tired......I was worried about not feeling well. I have only done what I've been asked by the PT and felt good about my progress. To make a long story short....I was having a reaction to the type of bandage on my knees. My Doctor ordered what I needed everything's been changed and now, it's ok. I just can't wait to go home and be with my kids!:):)
 
@suzzee2000 - you are an inspiration! I'll have to remember your courage and determination when it's my turn
Thanks for the compliment Threads!! I just do the best I can everyday!!! I try to encourage and be encouraged!!!!
You will be FINE! and we will be rooting for you !!!!!
 
Hi @suzzee2000 I so love your positive outlook. I am over the moon that you are doing so well. When do you go home?

Sometimes during recovery it seems that it's normal to have an off day where you don't feel too well. I'm sorry though that you reacted to the bandages. Do you have those water blisters like I had?

Anyway, keep looking after yourself and I wish you all the very best for your continued successful recovery. Woohoo!!!!

Love Nana moon 27 x x x x (big hug for you Suzzee):flwrysmile:
 
You go into your own thread page.
Click in the bar at the top that says Bonesmart.org and a load of http etc comes up.
Touch it once then press copy.
Go into your profile
Select signature, tap page twice and simply paste your copy on there.
Save changes - et voila, it's done.
I hope that this helps love Nana moon 27 xox
THANKS NANA!!!!! It was very helpful!!!

I so love your positive outlook. I am over the moon that you are doing so well. When do you go home?
I try very hard to live my life looking for the positive in everyone & everything. But friend I have noticed you are the exact same way!!! :yes: :yes:

Love Nana moon 27 x x x x (big hug for you Suzzee)
:friends::friends:
 
Hi @suzzee2000 - just a quickie, but wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and hoping that you have another great day today.
X
 
How's it going today, Suzzee? One step (literally and figuratively) closer to being home with your kids and your life! When I had a thyroidectomy about 25 years ago, I had an allergic reaction to the surgical tape. I wonder if that's the same kind of thing that you had. Anyway, just stopped by to see how you are doing.:flwrysmile:
 
I remember the energy drain and the lack of sleep
I feel like this constantly but I am now napping as much as possible...But I do feel that energy drain Icep

I dont think I could do 2 at a time
Let me tell you THANK GOD I did both knees.....because there is NO WAY I would come back and do it again.

will you be staying upstairs or downstairs ?
downstairs :yay: My daughter has turned the whole upstairs into her personal space:ok:



Just want you to know I'm thinking of you, we all are x x x x x
:thankyou: for always thinking of me Nana moon!!!! Thinking of you as well friend!!!!:friends:

[quote="BigBend, post: 585923, member: 14045" When I had a thyroidectomy about 25 years ago, I had an allergic reaction to the surgical tape. I wonder if that's the same kind of thing that you had. Anyway, just stopped by to see how you are doing[/quote]
She changed the bandages this evening and said it's better! It wasn't in the tape but in the squishy bandage part that covers the incision. :yes:I'm not sure of the exact name but it is something like that...:yes: I felt much better this evening!! Thanks!!!!!:friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom