Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

I am so sorry you had a rough time, but you have conquered that. Follow the mantras and life will get better. So glad you are making the transition to rehab. This is the time where you take care of yourself! Proud of you!
 
Hi, @suzzee2000 , I'm so glad to hear from you! It's a big relief just having the surgery finally done, isn't it? Try getting lots of rest right now, make sure you keep on your meds! Keep us posted on how you're doing, we're all here for you! :friends:
 
Suzzee, The light is bright on this side and I am sure you will do well in rehab and get that behind you. Everything happens for a reason, and I am sure your rehab will put you on the road to happiness. Be well and look forward to coming home real real soon. Shinny Knees Bright Future. bill
 
Bless you Suzzee. You have truly been thru a lot. Hope to hear from you soon.
 
Congrats on being on the recovery side. I hope the pain med situation gets normalized & you progress well. Keep us posted as you're able.
 
Just thought I'd drop by to say I'm thinking of you and hope you are doing well, @suzzee2000 . You've got no choice now except to get better and better!!!!!!!!!!
 
@suzzee2000 How are you doing today? Hopefully, you're able to rest comfortably :) We're thinking of you, wishing you the best. Let us know how you're doing when you can :friends:
 
Hi Everybody!!!! All of you whom I wish I could tag but honestly I'm so so tired I can't. My mind is always here thinking of all of you and what I would do if I did not have the support you have given me. I'm doing very very well. The rehab center is going fantastic!! It isn't the one they had me set up to go to. I have a strange but happy story to let you know how it all happened!!! :):) But I am in a Rehab center 15 minutes from home. The discharge nurse didn't like it but It's the best decision I made!
I mean when I say I am well on my way to a full recovery. The problem I am having is that I keep falling asleep and I am almost there right now!!!
My ROM is 110 on each knee and the PT told me I am doing really well in my recovery and they are just guiding me because I am rehabing myself!! I am also able to use my walker and go to the bathroom without being in excruciating pain:happydance:

These first few weeks your body is in shock and just does not know how to respond. This is new uncharted territory for your body.....
How true those words are!!! My body is definitely in shock but I am trying to do the best I can!


I hope you have the best speediest recovery because that is the best wish to be sent
That's what I am working toward Nana!! Thank You for the best wishes!!! I have missed being around the boards seeing you!!:friends:


I wish you weren't in so much pain.
BigBend, Thank you!!!! I am doing fantastic now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hope today was a better day. We're all pulling for you and you're in our Prayers!
The prayers are appreciated!!!!!!!Each day is getting easier and easier!


It WILL be ok. Take it one hour at a time
Derby!! I know it will be and I trying my very best to do just that!


Follow the mantras and life will get better. So glad you are making the transition to rehab. This is the time where you take care of yourself! Proud of you!

Thanks!!!! I am doing so much better! transition to this rehab has been fabulous!!!!

It's a big relief just having the surgery finally done, isn't it?
YES YES AND YES!!!!!! The surgery was the EASY PART!!!!!:)

I am sure your rehab will put you on the road to happiness.
It sure has! I have an elderly woman for a roommate and I love her!!!!!


Bless you Suzzee. You have truly been thru a lot. Hope to hear from you soon.
Oh Jozilla my heart was hear but I just couldn't stay awake long enough to post anything


Keep us posted as you're able.
Being able sure is the key word Kneeper! Wow.....it is so true!


ust thought I'd drop by to say I'm thinking of you and hope you are doing well,
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

hoping all is going well in rehab!
The food is the Bomb!!!:):) and everything else fits me just right!!


How are you doing @suzzee2000 ? I hope all going well x x x
Now that I am back here able to post things are better!

It is GOING TO BE WORTH IT!!! It HURT like none other but the pain I feel right now is only TEMPORARY!!! It is so exciting to stand up and NOT feel the Arthritic pain I did before!!!!!! I have to admit the first few days were the most excruciating pain I have ever felt but I also know that is in common and I am well on my way to recovery!Like I said before, I was able to come to Rehabilitation Center closer to my house!!:happydance::happydance:and things on the homefront are wonderful!!! The kids have been here 3 times now and with being so close it makes it really nice!! I will try my best to get here as much as I can.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
suzzee it like you are killing it. Keep up the good work with Btkr and 110 flex you are doing great. I am not much past 110 and I am 12 weeks.. How is your extention. sometime that can be a problem. Hang in there you are doing so well. bill
 
suzzee it like you are killing it. Keep up the good work with Btkr and 110 flex you are doing great. I am not much past 110 and I am 12 weeks.. How is your extention. sometime that can be a problem. Hang in there you are doing so well. bill
Hi Bill!!!!They have just said it was impressive! My extension must be pretty good, because they said it doesn't get better than this! :-) Since I have moved to Rehab I had a PT come in from Cincinnati yesterday,Then I had a different one today and tomorrow will meet the team that works here tomorrow! I will ask them specifics so I can post correctly.
 
Ah @suzzee2000 how fantastic that you are doing so well. I'm so pleased for you. Your positive attitude is all but bursting out these posts!! I'm glad the kids have been able to come see you. That will help them immensely with the separation issues. How long will you be in Rehab for?

Your rom is super duper wow 110 so early on! But Suzzee the only thing I will say to you is please be careful and don't overdo things, trying to get back to normal too quick.

It is soooo lovely to hear from you again and look forward to your next post and once again Suzzee congratulations and well done x x x x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Congratulations! You sound like everything is being well managed at a great rehab center. Your positive personality will help so much in this recovery. I am more than impressed by how well you are doing!!!! Your rom is great and I look forward to your posts. Truly inspiring! Xoxoxo
 
Congratulations on your great and wonderful trip to the "Other Side"!!!
The problem I am having is that I keep falling asleep and I am almost there right now!!!
That is all quite normal---the pain meds are part of that as well as the fact that your body is channeling large amounts of energy to your knees---sleep is great!
My ROM is 110 on each knee and the PT told me I am doing really well in my recovery and they are just guiding me because I am rehabing myself!!
That is awesome!! Take it easy and let your knees be in charge---you are dong fine!
I am also able to use my walker and go to the bathroom without being in excruciating pain
And it will get better---thee little victories will turn into even larger ones!!
 
Great hearing from you..I have to agree...PLEASE don't over do it. Miss you around here!!! xoxoxox
 
I am so so pleased to hear how well you are doing and how all the arrangements have sorted out just fine.
Take all the opportunities you can to sleep, rest and heal. You are doing great and I am SO impressed.
Look after yourself and those brand new knees!
Xxx
 
YA!!! Suzzee is back!!!
We have all been anxiously waiting for your return. I’m happy to hear that you have started to turn the corner on your recovery. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day. May the luck of the Irish be with you. Tom
 
Soooooooo good to hear from you, @suzzee2000 !!!!!!!!!!!! I broke into my own big, happy smile when I turned on the computer and saw these wonderful posts from you. It's funny how we become invested in each other's recoveries. Keep up the great progress!:happydance::dancy::loll:
 
Back
Top Bottom