Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

so glad to hear you made it through the first day!! I have just another sleep after tonight, and then to my hospital at 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday. First surgery of the day, so hopefully my Doc will be well-rested and ready to do a great job! :o) I'm going to be following your entries and anxious to compare our experiences. Take care, and heal well~~~ Nancy
 
Hi @suzzee2000 - hope you had a good night and feel good enough to read all your messages from your friends on here, later today.
It's the first complete day of your life with two new knees. Take it slow, take lots of rest, take your meds, be a good girl, no heroics and look forward to all the things you will be able to do in the not too distant future.

Much love and hugs X
 
Lovely to have you back @suzzee2000 I have missed you. I hope you are feeling ok. I know you'll be stiff and uncomfortable but it honestly gets better as the weeks go by. It's a bit like childbirth, it hurts like mad at the time, but gradually you start to forget how bad the pain was and start to recover. Xoxoxox (big hug) well done x x x x
 
Hi Suzzee! Just remember, elevate Ice Ice Ice!!! and keep up on your pain meds. This first two or three weeks are the worst and then it gets better and better each day! Hang in there gal you on your way to joining me to a pain free new life:) Joan
 
Lovely to have you back @suzzee2000 I have missed you. I hope you are feeling ok. I know you'll be stiff and uncomfortable but it honestly gets better as the weeks go by. It's a bit like childbirth, it hurts like mad at the time, but gradually you start to forget how bad the pain was and start to recover. Xoxoxox (big hug) well done x x x x

This is exactly how I see it too! I actually was rereading my recovery thread and I had forgotten just how tough those early days were! You just forget all the early discomfort.... All I know now is how great I feel and my knees feel!
 
So good to hear from youn this side! Good luck and continue to follow all the mantras. Looking forward to hear about your journey!
 
SOOO happy to hear from you....been praying honey!!! xoxoxoxo
 
I could not wait to get here to check on my friends. THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting and still encouraging me while I have been going through much misery. Please keep the prayers coming friends!! I have to admit I spent Monday Tues and up until 3:30 pm Wednesday..:beg::beg::beg::beg::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::beg::beg::beg::beg: Because my pain wasn't under control. I am so thankful for this forum! I remembered so much of what so many of you have said! I was able to keep on everyone until my pain got under control. Thankful for caring nurses!!! I don't know the name of the new medicine but I get it in the IV every 6 hrs. It has changed my world!! Now I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My OS said everything went perfect! I'm glad because I don't think I could do this again. Now I know what some here on Bonesmart are talking about. Thanking God for my daughter who has spent every night with me. and my daughter in law who spends the afternoons with me to my husband who spends the mornings with me. I don't know how I would have done it. I'm not superwoman when it comes to pain!! Today will be my day. I hope to move to the Rehab today. Now I know why there is absolutely no way I could go home. I couldn't make it without the rehab coming. I have to go to a different rehab than I picked because someone didn't do their job and there is not an open bed for me close to home. The children are going through separation anxiety but they too will be alright. They have come to see me but just miss me. This has been a huge wake up call for my husband too. Taking care of 4 small children has been as he says "THIS IS SO HARD!!" which I already know!! Well my dear bonesmartie friends I will get back into the routine of posting and trying to encourage the rest of you while I am in recovery asap!!!!! Well time for some:sleep::sleep::sleep: See all of you soon!!!!!
 
Hi Suzzee!! So sorry it took them a minute to get your pain under control. Horrible, I know. It's a pain unlike any other you can imagine. I'm guessing you're getting morphine via your IV. They do have it in pill form, so even when your IV is removed, ask for it orally if you need it. Good luck at rehab. Sorry it's not the one you chose, but hopefully will be just as good. I'm glad to hear you have such a great support team via your family! Now is when the roller coaster begins. Take care of yourself; ice, elevate, rest as much as you can. You will be tired, moody, exhausted and uncomfortable - do what you need to to take care of you! Xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @suzzee2000 - so glad to see your post and hear that you are doing well. Now that they have the right level of pain relief sorted for you, I hope that things will be a bit more pleasant and easier. Once you are off the IV, just keep on top of your regular meds, to keep things well under control.
Shame they messed up your rehab arrangements - but hope it works out OK, and that the next phase of your recovery goes really well.
Trust your husband to look after things at home, try not to worry about it and just concentrate on yourself and getting a little better, every single day.
Take care, sleep all you can and talk soon
Love X
 
Hi @suzzee2000 great to hear from you but sorry you were in pain sounds like you are being very well cared for,hope all goes well with the move to rehab take care x
 
Hi sweetheart! I am so glad to hear from you! Remember KEEP ON TOP of pain. If you hurt, TELL THEM! You do NOT have to be a super hero. It's going to hurt....but pain meds will give you relief. Remember the mantras. How long are you in there for? We are ALL here for you....vent, let it out.......whatever you need!!
 
I found ice and elevation to be my saving grace. Hopefully pain will be under controll from this point on . Set a alarm to take meds by the clock . Im assuming nurses will administer the medication while you are in rehab. You are very courageous to have a bilateral. Dont know if I could have done it especially since my home support is very minimal. I guess you will be in rehab , maybe 2 weeks . Take advantage of all the help this early on. Just be sure to do ankle pumps and not to let PT hurt you during therapy. Rest when you can, and drink your prune juice . Bye for now !!
 
Hello Suzzee! Hang in there! These first few weeks your body is in shock and just does not know how to respond. This is new uncharted territory for your body..... Keep telling your body that everything is fine and try to meditate on good positive outlook thoughts during the hard times. I know It sounds strange, but, I really feel that talking to your body is a plus, all your cells and such are connected and you are the caption of the ship! If you keep your self calm and cool, going with the flow... your body will respond to that. Just my little theory on healing.:angel: I am keeping you in my thoughts today! Joan
 
Oh @suzzee2000 it is so good to have you back. I hope you have the best speediest recovery because that is the best wish to be sent. I have missed your lovely posts. When you're well enough we can have a catch up. If you can't sleep have a look at my thread. The links at the bottom. It's got really seriously busy. Tons to read! Love it!!! Good luck and stay positive x x x :flwrysmile:
 
So good to hear from you @suzzee2000 but I wish you weren't in so much pain. I'll repeat the hopes of others that your recovery is speedy. Worry about yourself FIRST. Everything and everyone else will be OK!!!!
 
Hi Suzzee,
Hope today was a better day. We're all pulling for you and you're in our Prayers!
 
Thinking of you Suzzee. I'm hoping and praying for you. It WILL be ok. Take it one hour at a time.
:puppysmooze:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom