Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

Oh by the way I stayed in bed almost all day! I took the children to school then came home and climbed in bed did some paperwork for the school for the kids...then took a nap....had some lunch....then back for a little rest! It was a very relaxing day and I am hoping tomorrow is a repeat!!! :yes!:
 
Hey Suzy , its been awhile. All is good here in northern California. Im totally blessed. Hope you are doing great and that your knees are progressing and that your family is well. My OS asked if I want 4 more weeks off of work and I said heck yeah ! So ive been riding bicycle, and working out at the park . Weather has been great. Before you know it you will be enjoying your legs like when you were younger. No more bone on bone pain . Be patient , you have prepared excellently. Best wishes, you are so courageous having a btkr. Dont like I could have . Take care Iceman
 
@icep707 are you really getting 4 more weeks off?? I am so jealous. I have been back to work since the beginning of April and full time the last few weeks. Wish I was still lounging in my Jammie's most days!!! Unfortunately all my time off used my vacation or was unpaid so could only hold out so long!
 
@Nana Mo how are you. I havent read you in weeks and was thinking of you today. Thats weird ! I remember we had surgery around the same day. I was wondering about you. Yeah I went to OS to get released for work when my OS asked if I needed more time. Like another month. I said heck yeah. My manager will need me by June anyways. I wont lose my job or medical benefits. You might remember I work for a Costco and they employ thousands and injuries on and off the job are very common. So I will strengthen my knee and body and enjoy this weather till june. I know im fortunate and ironically when I go back to work I will still have like 200 hours vaca and sick . I need these next couple of weeks to prepare for work as im a butcher in a busy store. Nice to hear you are ok . Best wishes. Iceman
 
@icep707 are you really getting 4 more weeks off??
Isn't that the truth!!!! :yes:

@icep707 You really one lucky and blessed man! And yo have one heck of a great OS too!!! It's been great reading up on how you are doing! The weather alone would be the best!!! Always love reading your posts and appreciate your uplifting comments! I'm doing good and the family is too! I am trying to hang in here knowing my recovery is a slow go....pain pills and ice are still my best friend but all in all I am SO MUCH better off than before my surgery! THANKS for stopping by and checking in and you are really a blessed man and have said it lots of times so I know it too!!!

Wish I was still lounging in my Jammie's most days!!!
I have to admit it feels nice to be in mine today! :)
 
[QUOTE="gazelle7777, post: ......and try to meditate on good positive outlook thoughts during the hard times. I know It sounds strange, but, I really feel that talking to your body is a plus, all your cells and such are connected and you are the caption of the ship! If you keep your self calm and cool, going with the flow... your body will respond to that. Just my little theory on healing.:angel: I am keeping you in my thoughts today! Joan[/QUOTE]

I wS happy to hear you mention positive thoughts and meditating. DO YOU have a book that you would suggest.? Maybe I can get it on tape before my BTKR... thanks, Betsy
 
Here it is Friday and I am being good and resting after a very long and tiring day! The pain levels are still so high and being tired all the time wears on my nerves sometimes!! :bored:I don't ever mean to over due it....but I do! It's funny how things change and you are out and about before you know it....you just never know what the day is going to bring!
My little 8 yr old fell on the playground today and hit his front tooth on a steel rod! The nurse wanted me to take him to the ER to have it checked out because she was afraid he was going to lose that permanent tooth!! I did and thankfully the ER Doctor said even though it was loose but, believed it would be ok.....The only thing that helped that hurt was a strawberry shake from McDonalds!! :yes:
So after an interrupted day......my plans:fingersx: are to rest rest rest from now on until tomorrow sometime:yes:!!!
Hope all of you reading this have a pain free day and night.......
 
I am so very sorry to read of your son's dentistry adventure!

So after an interrupted day......my plans:fingersx: are to rest rest rest from now on until tomorrow sometime:yes:!!!
Hope all of you reading this have a pain free day and night.......
This is a great idea---take it easy and let those knees heal--rest up and let the body regain its energy!
 
Hi Suzzee,
So glad all is well for your son. It was good to go and be sure because you would have felt badly if you didn't go. Now catch up and take some "me time".
Today I got an A+ from my cardio Dr so that is checked off. Monday I hope to hear the date for my BTKN. Catch you all later. Be sure to write me any hints you have as I read through all the posts. Making notes feverishly.

Guess my :horseriding:didn't help my knees throughout my life.
 
My daughter broke her front two teeth on the jungle gym! It was very painful so I hope your little guy feels better! Hope you can rest today!
 
This is a great idea---take it easy and let those knees heal--rest up and let the body regain its energy!
Thanks referee!! I am reading bonesmart while the kids are doing the chores! :thumb:

My daughter broke her front two teeth on the jungle gym! It was very painful so I hope your little guy feels better!

Oh my goodness @Jozilla that is terrible!!! Hope she is ok now!


So glad all is well for your son.
Thanks Betsy!!

Guess my :horseriding:didn't help my knees throughout my life.
I never thought my :fasthorse: hurt my knees..... but I know it didn't help when I flew off in a hole he fell in! :heehee: I still have my horses and are in the process of rebuilding on our land.....that's another story that I hope will be finished by summer...That's the plan to be moved back there this summer...BUT I don't plan on going riding anytime in the near future!!!! ....The kids ride all the time but I don't have the nerve to anymore!!!
 
My daughter was fine. That was over 20 years ago. She did have to have them capped though!
 
.../ The kids ride all the time but I don't have the nerve to anymore!!![/QUOTE]

Yes sit back and watch, give guidance and know you are keeping your investment *knees* safe and ready for the next half of your life. Question: Did you have the CPM at home and in the lazy girl chair? And what clothes did you have for this adventure? best shoe's for hospital and therapy? I can't imagine tying tennis shoes. ha ha
:heehee:
 
I had clark shoes that slipped on and were more like a sneaker. I could not have tied my shoes. I just got a pair of propet sneakers which are ver comfy and slip on! For clothes it was shorts, capris and sweat pants. Anything loose fitting will be comfy!
 
@Betsy-Knees-6-2014 I only had the hospital non slip socks! I have slip on shoes now. My husband bought them from Walmart and they were the only ones that have been comfortable!

Did you have the CPM at home and in the lazy girl chair?
Yes the CPM machine went home with me for 2 weeks after I got home from the hospital but I didn't have a lazy girl chair so I used it while in my bed. It was funny because it was slowly slipping down the bed as it moved and I had to keep on pulling it back up! :heehee: All in all looking back I really have come a long way and it's only been 8 weeks since my surgery!~ People ask me all the time if it was worth getting both done and I said YES it's the only way I think I could have done it! Anyway I just took a robe and nightgown to the hospital but, never touched them.

Anything loose fitting will be comf
For the record @Jozilla is right:yes:.... anything comfy will be perfect...I took some really soft and lightweight pants and some loose fitting shirts! :)
 
I can't imagine tying tennis shoes.
Not for a while---in fact, it will be some time after surgery before you can wear them---maybe a month or so.

Non-slip slippers or non-slip socks will be fine. I sued a type of slip-on slipper that was sort of like a boat shoe but with more of a cushy lining. Easy to put on and to take off, and lots of "gription."

I wore very baggy and comfortable sweat pants---I could go to PT in them, sleep in them---whatever I wanted to do---they were very functional.
 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!! Whether your own children, others children, pets, or have ever mothered anyone I hope you have had a beautiful day today!!!:loveshwr::loveshwr:
I got my final grades in and passed that good ole math class and kept my GPA up enough to stay on the Deans List! I tell you it was hard and if I can do this anyone in the world can! :yes:

My Physical Therapy is going really well. I will be going twice this week hoping to do really good again! I have my days like right now where my back hurts but the knees feel good!:yes!:

It has been 8 weeks as of yesterday the 10th....I feel like I should be able to do more but I know it's only been 2 months and that is not much considering the surgery we go through!!!

I have rested some, been working hard helping as we rebuild and are preparing to move. Hoping to be finished and moved by summer...:fingersx:
I only have a couple more weeks until the children are out of school so, I think I will start taking a few naps starting tomorrow. :happydance:
Well that's what is going on with me..... now it's time to go checking up on everyone!!! :)
 
I come to your thread quite often, @suzzee2000 , and am so glad you not only have an update, but an update with GOOD news. Congrats on your accomplishments!!!:roseshwr::wowspring:You are doing great!!!!
 
Congratulations on the tests!!!! Sounds like you are doing great.
I am wore down & in pain. Went to a horse show Saturday to watch Granddaughter ride.
3 years old & she knows how to work the judges. Yard work today. Don't know when to quit.
Rest tomorrow.
 
Back
Top Bottom