TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

Suzie I am so, so sorry about your sister, I will keep her and your family in my prayers. I know it's hard but try to keep positive thoughts coming. We all know the power of prayers and your BS family will be here for you.

Take care of yourself!!
 
Thank You Sweet Friend~! Life sure has a way of turning us upside down when we least expect it. But my sister is as positive as they come and has a strong faith. That's why I believe she is still with us today and fighting the hard fight to survive! Sure has changed my perspective on things. Every day is to be loved and cherished!
 
Your sister, you and your family are in my prayers. I've missed you.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Thank you @birdwatchr & @sistersinhim, Paula. So many times I would be walking to the cafeteria and would think of everyone here. It's amazing how bonded we get when going through health related issues. One thing I am so very thankful for is that my new knee has handled my abuse to it in the past weeks. She's at UNC in Chapel Hill, NC, a HUGE University Hospital and the walking back and forth from the parking lot to where she's at is quite a hike. I'm not going to say my knee(s) don't get tired, but my new knee doesn't complain hardly at all! Had this happened before my replacement things would have REALLY been hard for me physically! We've seen miracles in her recovery thus far and fully anticipate more!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Suz, prayers for your sister and all who love and support her. So sorry to hear of such a tragic accident.
Blessings,
lene'
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Suz I am so very sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is stable and progressing. Take care of yourself too.
 
Oh my, I am so sad to hear this. Hoping and sending positive energy for her to be ok.

I've missed you too
 
Thank You for your prayers & well wishes @tjcteacher, @lene' & @mamazipp. We are taking it one day at a time and counting every small improvement as a huge blessing. She was able to get her first swallow of ice cream yesterday and tears of gratitude rolled down from her eyes. She was an RN and then a Case Manager in Critical Care for years- and even went on to train Case Managers. She knows what we're facing and I believe her attitude has been key in the improvement she's made thus far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much @julesm86, Julie! I believe in prayer like never before because of how far she has come in 22-days! We were told in the beginning she would never move below her neck nor breathe on her own again. Well, that prognosis changes daily!
 
Oh Suz, my heart is overflowing for you and your family. I just read your thread from beginning to end, and was planning to write a little note of thanks for all the wonderful ideas and encouragement you have given, but that's all so much overwhelmed by the posts today. We are all thinking of you, supporting you, and hoping so very much for your sister's progress. Bless you, my dear!
Audrey
 
Thank You so much @greatlakes, Audrey! How sweet of you. We never know what the next day holds but I don't believe we'll ever be given more than we can handle.

I love your name, my daughter's name is Audrey!

I've missed the past weeks of being here encouraging others in their recoveries. I'm not sure I would have survived mine without the support of the staff & members here during my first 8wks. I somewhat unplugged from local friends, family, PT & Medical staff during my early days and plugged 100% into BoneSmart and my buddies here. As you saw in my journal I had a few big challenges come my way- but I received the support and answers I needed right here in this wonderful forum. Today I walk pain free and with a strong right knee because of my replacement. And I know you will with your new left knee also!
 
So very sorry Suz to hear about your sister! I have been wondering where you have been and now I know. Your sister and you and you family will be in my prayers as I pray for recovery for your sister. We are here for you! Please take care of yourself too!
 
Thank You @jmp65, Julie. Many times at the hospital I worried some of my buddies here (you) would wonder what on earth happened to me. But I just didn't have the mental energy to come here and explain at the time. Now that we've moved away from the rocky shore & talks of hospice care I'm feeling much better. I hate she has to be hospitalized so long- and it being so far from where I live makes it hard. Our family is working together to make sure someone is with her most of the time and she has excellent nurses around her. It's a tough journey.. we're, with the help of God, are going to get her there!

I'm playing catch up tonight seeing how everyone here has been doing! Hope your ROM is better-!! = )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, Suz.

She, and you, are in my thoughts.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Hi @Suz , I had missed you on the forum, and am so sorry to read the reason why. I know many healing thoughts and prayers are going up for Teresa and all your family. I'm glad your knee has healed well enough to enable you to be by her side. Here's hoping for the best possible outcome. God bless.
Tabby xxx
 
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister and I will pray for her and for your family that she will recover .
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
Back
Top Bottom