Guest viewing is limited

TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

What a great 4-month-post-op report @Susie-Q ! I love to read your updates so I can see what's next.

Sorry to hear about the positive Covid test, but glad you aren't having any serious symptoms.
 
So hubby tested positive for Covid on Thursday (from a test taken on Monday, the 27th and mailed in). My daughter tested positive from a rapid test taken Friday. My son just took a rapid test today and tested negative. They also took a PCR test today so we'll see what the results from that are. I have my rapid/PCR test tomorrow morning. I have been 95% asymptotic with only a few sniffles, tiny sinus pressure, a mild headache, no fever, no congestion, no cough, nothing...... My son the same. I can't imagine I'm not positive, I've been sleeping in the same bed as hubby for the past week. We'll see what happens tomorrow!
 
@Susie-Q All fingers and toes crossed for you( including the broken one) hopefully everyone has minor symptoms and recovers quickly.Let us know how you get on with your test, you and yours are in my prayers.:praying:
 
@Susie-Q, here's hoping you dodged the bullet and if not, I hope that you're the bruiser in this fight. Good healing vibes for you.
 
How are you feeling,? and did you get your test results.
Just thinking of you and hoping our prayers were answered xxx
 
Well, I had a nice long post typed out and when I tried to post it, our internet went out. I copied it to try and save it but because I didn't paste it anywhere, I lost it. :oyvey:

Suffice it to say, I tested negative on my rapid test, so did my son. We are still waiting for our PCR tests (they said 2-4 days but could be longer due to delays). We were supposed to get together with my SIL and her daughters, who are here from CA, yesterday but my daughter's symptoms came back. She went in and saw an MA and Dr. and it's probably due to a sinus infection that's on the verge of blossoming, the timing is right. So no getting together with my SIL. They have been here since the 29th but we haven't been able to see them due to Covid and also weather. Our snow is finally gone. Today temps soared up into the 40s, the warmest it's been since Christmas Eve.

The Knee is doing fine. Had a little more stiffness during the night, partly because when lying on my side, my knees like to be bent (with the pillow in between my knees) and so I wake up with a stiff knee and then I turn over. I also had a little pain behind my knee today, I am chalking it up to all the walking in the snow, shoveling and other things I am doing. When I saw a little, I really mean "little", just enough to notice it but not enough to need pain medication. I should be icing it but I'm not. I have moved my bike seat as far forward as I can now, my right knee is brushing the handle bar. It's a cheap bike so the handles are short and low and I have long legs. Maybe it's time to add some resistance? I'm not really doing my formal exercises, I think I'm doing enough activity to make up for that. Yesterday I walked the dog twice! Doing all the cooking, laundry, housework, etc... Going down the stairs is getting easier and easier. Not perfect but much better.

That's it! thanks for coming by and saying hi, peeps! :wink:
 
Milestone:

I went down the stairs from the bonus room yesterday with things in both hands (puzzle boxes, so light-weight) and didn't use the handrail AND went down using both legs. No pain! I still marvel that this is possible, I've gone down stairs for so long one leg at a time.....

To add insult to injury, my dog now has kennel cough. :oyvey: She caught it from her bestie, who got it a week ago. We're not sure where her friend Scout got it. It's breakthrough because both dogs are vaccinated for it and not due for their boosters yet. I found out that manufacturer has a recall out as that particular booster isn't effective (obviously). So now my poor dog is coughing and barfing. I have to cover the entire family room floor with blankets and towels and keep her confined to the family room/kitchen. We have a vet appointment this afternoon. Ugh....:censored:
 
Yes- it’s good to hear you are “ negative” ! I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Sinus infections can be So mean!
I just realized I did not finish this! Yesterday was busy, and, a little crazy. After we returned from my Appointment with the surgeon,my husband did some grocery shopping & went to get some prescriptions at our Walgreens nearby. When he went inside, the Pharmacy window was closed! He was a bit stressed,as one of the prescriptions was my antibiotic, which needed to be mixed. And I’d taken the last dose we had here that morning. It only has a 2 week life once it is mixed, so we time it carefully. Fortunately, the drive-through window Was open, so he got in line (7th car). What had happened was, they were very short handed with personnel, they could not do both. So, he cleaned his email,etc ,on his phone. They are very nice there, always, and I’m sure, like so many places, overworked & understaffed. We’re hoping no one there is sick with Covid, but have to wonder. We are still being super careful.
I’m So sorry to hear your dog is sick! Poor pup, with our little critters, it’s often like when our kids are sick, you just feel so bad for them.and, this has to be rough on you.
 
Oops! I dozed off & must have hit the send button. I don’t know much about Kennell cough, but hoping your vet can relieve your dog, & that you can also get some relief! I’m keeping all of your family in my prayers. Do take care of yourself.❤️
 
Thanks, @Catalien45 . We are all fine here, nothing compared to what other folks are suffering with. My daughter will be able to go back to work on Tuesday, 5 days after her test. She wears a mask the whole time at work. Daisy was prescribed an anti-biotic and a cough suppressant to help her stop vomiting too. She's doing ok, just subdued and tired. She's had half of her normal dinner, we're just watching her to make sure she keeps the cough suppressant down so it will work like it's supposed to.
 
I finally got my PCR results and I'm negative! :yay: I'm not sure how that happened when I've been so close to hubby. I must have super-immunity!!

My poor sister slipped on some black ice yesterday on a morning walk and fell and broke her wrist. She went to urgent care and just about everyone there was there for a Covid test. She had X-rays and after a break was determined she was told to see a specialist and luckily got in yesterday afternoon. She was a casted and told to take a couple of days off work to elevate her wrist to reduce swelling. She will need a new cast next Monday as swelling will go down and her cast must remain tight and her wrist imobile. No grabbing, lifting or anything. I brought her some soups I had frozen and some BBQ pork, stopped at the store for crackers, buns and Cole slaw. Of course it's her right hand and she's a teacher/reading specialist. Not sure how that's going to work.

I spent so much time on my feet the past few days taking down Christmas decorations that I'm actually sore. Nothing major, just a sore back and The Knee is complaining a little bit. Taking my time on getting it put away. There's no rush. Hubby and daughter are much better, daughter will go back to work this week. She's missed a couple of weeks due to snow and then Covid.
 
That is such good news about your negative results :yes!: the last thing we need on top of our recovery is getting poorly with this virus.
Sorry to hear about your sister, she is lucky that you are close by to help. Black ice is so dangerous and it jolly well hurts when we fall on it, she is fortunate it was just the wrist. Please send her healing wishes.
Make sure you don't overdo too many things, rest your back, the pain is telling you to slow down. Xx

I heard yesterday on the European news the WHO announced that within the next 3 weeks half of Europe will have symptoms of the Omicron virus :flabber:- Well thats me sorted I'm staying at home, no more coffee outings for me.:sorry:
 
Back
Top Bottom