Thanks, ladies. I always wonder if I'm too wordy and why would anyone want to listen to me blather, especially about non-knee related stuff.
I do have a couple of issues. Anyone out there have delayed hair loss from their surgery? My hair is thinner on top than it was when I was younger; having babies, iron loss, etc and probably hereditary issues has thinned my hair in my 40s and 50s. I feel like it's gotten even a little thinner in the past couple of weeks and I'm wondering if it could be delayed this long from my surgery. Hopefully it will fill back in some.
Also, I'm doing all the stretching and exercises but I feel like I am back to square one every day with my extension. I don't seem to be making any more progress that I can tell. I can't measure it and I'm probably just impatient. I know time will tell and I'll probably make slow progress as the days/weeks go by. I'm not taking any pain medication anymore, not even Advil or Tylenol. I have a few aches and pains in The Knee, I know it's still healing and this is normal. I really don't even think about it when walking around, I can pivot, spin, dart here and there as I'm working in the kitchen (ok, that makes me sound like a dancer, which I most certainly am NOT) or doing chores around the house without pain. When I sit in a chair I try to stretch it as much as I can so I'm not just sitting with it elevated and/or straight. It will gain ROM over time, I know, I'm just impatient!!!
I do have a couple of issues. Anyone out there have delayed hair loss from their surgery? My hair is thinner on top than it was when I was younger; having babies, iron loss, etc and probably hereditary issues has thinned my hair in my 40s and 50s. I feel like it's gotten even a little thinner in the past couple of weeks and I'm wondering if it could be delayed this long from my surgery. Hopefully it will fill back in some.
Also, I'm doing all the stretching and exercises but I feel like I am back to square one every day with my extension. I don't seem to be making any more progress that I can tell. I can't measure it and I'm probably just impatient. I know time will tell and I'll probably make slow progress as the days/weeks go by. I'm not taking any pain medication anymore, not even Advil or Tylenol. I have a few aches and pains in The Knee, I know it's still healing and this is normal. I really don't even think about it when walking around, I can pivot, spin, dart here and there as I'm working in the kitchen (ok, that makes me sound like a dancer, which I most certainly am NOT) or doing chores around the house without pain. When I sit in a chair I try to stretch it as much as I can so I'm not just sitting with it elevated and/or straight. It will gain ROM over time, I know, I'm just impatient!!!
United States






I've done the low carb thing several times and it's really the only thing that works for me. I've lost 60 lbs and gained it back plus more, then 45 and gained it back and finally both of us lost 60 (me) and 50 (him) a couple of years ago. I've managed to keep most of it off but lately, since surgery especially, I'm eating like a moron (to quote a friend of mine). Christmas is here and it's pretty much impossible to diet right now unless you are already in the swing of things. So Jan we will go back on our plan. I've got lots of recipes I know, it's Chinese take-out that's my weakness!!! I've got lots more weight to lose and that will be much better on my new knee in the long run.
Trouble is Christmas is a time when it is so hard to resist, this year friends have brought around so many gifts of cakes, chocolates & mince pies knowing that I'm unable to bake and they feel I need cheering up, so it would be rude of me not to enjoy their offerings, my husband too has learnt its not a good idea to comment on my weight, unfortunately he is extremely diligent about his weight & is not at all tempted by such goodies, he is very fit & very careful about what he eats, I'm the opposite I just love sweet things and find it hard too resist. Roll on Summer & salads xx
I have struggled with weight ever since I had kids. Just not young anymore and it's not good for those knees to be too heavy.



- I am speechless!