TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

The other thing I noticed (besides how out of shape I am :flabber:) is my elbows make crunchy noises. No pain, just crunching. My knees used to do this prior to being replaced so I know it's arthritis.
Welcome to the club! Almost every one of my joints makes crackly, crunchy noises these days. I have a few years on your and can attest to the fact that it's tough to get old -- but better than the alternative. :loll:
 
Yes, @Jamie, I did start out by only doing the movements without adding the weights. 1-3 lbs really isn't a lot of weight but it is showing how out of shape and lax my muscles have gotten as I've gotten older. Another exercise that's supposed to be for abs where you lay on your back and bicycle your legs out straight actually works my upper thighs more than my abs! I'm also purposely starting this all out slowly and only working one body section per day so I get a day or two rest in between for each muscle group.

I'll be fine, it's just a bit of a rude awakening realizing I'm not young anymore! :oyvey:
 
Last edited:
Well...you're young to those of us that had more trips around the sun. :SUNsmile:
You're as young as you will ever be, Susie-Q :wink: so enjoy!
@Susie-Q
 
I heard Goldie Hawn say it once and never forgot it.
Puts a little spring in your step...for a minute. :wink: LOL.
 
Well, it's been a couple of years since I've posted. I had a weird thing happen on the 4th. I was talking to my son outside of his room and I pivoted (twisted) on my left leg so much that in the walk down the hall I literally heard clunking like the joint was now not lining up right. Clunk, clunk, clunk. It scared me for sure! If I concentrated on walking slower I could make it stop. Then, out of no where, it would clunk again. I didn't panic but kept getting ready to leave for our 4th of July plans. We went to a friend's BBQ. I may have felt/heard it do that a couple of more times throughout the day but with all the fun and games I eventually forgot about it. I never had any pain at all. The clunking has stopped. Weird! I'm not worried about it. If anything were to hurt or if it started up again I would contact my surgeon. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am 5 years post-op on this knee.

After 16 years post-op with Rightie and 5 years post-op with Leftie I have learned to be patient and that "this too shall pass". I never had a super awesome bend to my knee after 3-4 months but it did come eventually. Both knees are about the same now and the left has definitely gained in the last 5 years. I am very happy to have two new knees. My husband is now awaiting his first knee replacement and the pain he's having is bringing back memories. :umm:
 
Hello, and this good to read. I feel that post ops we get twinges in the knees, both physically and then mentally.
with all the fun and games I eventually forgot about it. I never had any pain at all. The clunking has stopped
this too shall pass
Is the best way to be.
Wishing your husband all the best for his op.
 
Well, I've still got occasional clunking when walking. Here and there, not all the time. Still no pain so I'm not worried.

This is such a busy time! My son is moving out on August 8th, finally getting his own apartment. My daughter is going back to NZ for 2 weeks in August also. I'm ready for some quiet. It's amazing how much activity there is with 4 adults living in one house, all doing their own thing. My kids do their own laundry, etc but I still make dinners most nights even though my husband says I shouldn't have to. I guess I'm still trying to "mother" everyone.
 
Indeed. It's beyond time for my son to move out. He was slow to launch but now has a great job, lots of money in the bank, pays for everything himself (except rent) and needs to be on his own. He will be 32 on the 1st. I will miss him when he's gone. He's our tech guru. Anything tech-related he takes care of for us. It will be a bit tough if we run into an issue after he moves out but he's only 20 min away in a nearby city. Daughter is still traveling all over and working. She's 28. She's a huge help here at home with the animals and a big help in general. She's working in Walla Walla for 2 months this fall so we will be empty nesters for the first time since they were both in college.
 
Back
Top Bottom