Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

Ok ok. Got the message ❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
It sounds like you're doing well after the surgery. Is this range of motion greater than what you had before surgery?

I do hope the pain lessens for you, though.
 
@Jamie. Yes much greater before could only raise my arm half way and couldn't reach around back. Still have to wait 4 weeks for PT. I do passive exercises 3x day. Just the throbbing and at times a stabbing pain if I do too much. Have to keep in sling at all times for another 4 weeks
I'll be the one at beach with the weird tan lines
Hope everyone healing
Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Chortle @ tan lines. Does that mean you will be prone not moving for a while??

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. I'm never prone. Can't sit still for too long a time. Hoping a few days at the beach with my sister and nieces will do the trick, hence weird tan lines. Only problem will be holding beach chair in one hand and cocktails in the other
Can you imagine!!!!
❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I sure can but I'm sure you will manage. I'm a none prone person too always moving, yet I go v v brown quickly hence my school nickname being very non PC these days. Have a grand time on the beach.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @ Legin. Leaving tomorrow with sling on left arm and possibility of cane in rt hand. Knee still impossibly not behaving properly
Shoulder doing good
❤️thanks for ur support


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Here's shoulder at 4 weeks
[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong
 
Err to me that looks good, keep smiling lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
6 week shoulder check up. No more sling. Start PT 2 times a week for 6 weeks. Then hopefully will still have my job back when I return in late October.
Knee still hurting still waiting for MRI approval. New secy in Drs office kept leaving our parts to fill out. Been going on 21/2 weeks just waiting
Hope everyone is enjoying the last of the summer weather
Stay healthy
❤️susanne



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hiyyyya. Yaaaay you have slung the sling. Try not to worry about work. Now there was a wasted six words...... Any chance of you heading back to the beach

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin. Always ready for beach. We are having heat wave high 90s all week
How are you feeling?
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Chortle have a pic in head of Susanne the beach dweller. Me I'm OK suffered a wee energy lapse need some sun so ma solar panel bald head can work.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Loving pt on shoulder. Can't go wrong with massaging of shoulder neck and back
I'm in heaven. He's amazed at the range of motion I have for just 6 weeks out. I can lift my arm straight out unassisted but not any higher yet. All in good time
❤️susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 
Hi Susanne,

I'm so sorry you've been through so many bad joints. Me too....both knees will have to be replaced and my jaw too! That one really has me scared since the surgery isn't very common and the results are mixed. I too have been told it's just osteoarthritis. Hard to believe it can hit so many joints as I have it in my spine and also in shoulders but not too bad yet. Nobody, reaching back a few generations has this so I guess I'm the first in the family line. I am grateful that I really had 46 good years. My knees went bad at 30 but didn't really start hurting everyday until I hit 46. Even my jaw has been good, never giving it a second thought until about 2 months ago. I wanted to die when the oral surgeon did full xrays and told me "you have moderate arthritis in both jaws". I cried all the way home. I can't sleep as I'm so worried with what's to come. I still have 8yrs left of work before I can early retire. Anyway I'm just ranting now but I was surprised to see that you too have had multiple joints destruct and the diagnosis was osteo and not rheumatory. In a way rheumatory has better drugs aimed at slowing the progression but I know their plight is a struggle. Hope your shoulder is behaving. Oh yes, I'm a Kansas City native. Not sure if you're watching the World Series or if you're a Yankee fan. Take care.
 
Dord6712. I'm so sorry to hear all that you are going thru as well. Jaw sounds really interesting what do they do for that
In a special Ed pre school tcher. Really rough kids so I think from over 20 years restraint and putting kids in holds wore out all my cartilage
Thankfully replacements were available. My hip dislocated at work and fell in ice at work too so I was able to go on Workmans comp for theses. You can look into social security disability something I will be checking out soon as I don't think I can last too long at this job. Went back after my shoulder replacement 4 months later and surprised they didn't fire me yet. But just wking for the insurance. Otherwise I'd be long gone
Good luck with everything. Keep me posted. If you need to vent feel free
Oh and yes always rooting for the home team
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom