Guest viewing is limited

Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

Just got back from nephrologist
I have chronic kidney disease but not to worry kidney lining thinning. Wish it was other parts of my body instead. Internist won't clear me until I see GI specialist. New Dx severe anemia might be a bleeding ulcer
Cause: too much Advil, aleve and Bp meds!!!
To be continued
Thanks all for your concern
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So sorry you are still struggling so much with your health!!:sorry: As the saying goes, "Getting old(er) is certainly not for sissies!!" :flabber: My daughter also has kidney issues and was told it was from too many NSAIDS and other types of pain meds. Our bodies are delicate machines and we just don't begin to understand the true inner workings.
 
Went to see nephrologist on Friday before insurance changes. My numbers went down which is a good thing. Now just have to get this severe anemia and intestinal bleed taken care of. Does it ever end??
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Susanna glad you have "some" good news. Now, just get the rest of the ducks in a row!! Wishing you the best!:console2:
 
I'm sorry you're having all these health problems, Susanne.

Here on BoneSmart, we keep warning people about the dangers of taking NSAIDS long term. It sounds as if you're one of the unlucky people it has happened to.
I hope they soon identify the source of your bleeding, and can correct your anemia.
 
Saw all the specialists. No bleed slight kidney problem so all I need is to get clearance from dr to proceed with the back surgery. All agreed it was all the Advil aleve and Bp med
Will keep you posted
Thanks for all your concern
Susanneb[emoji173]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
I'm thinking someone up above is jinxing my surgery. Bp is 188/84 and now feet and legs swollen and retaining fluids. I now have cankles
Could it be from Chinese food I ate for 2 days? Too much salt?
Dr upped my meds and if that doesn't work will change to a different one
Is this a sign????
So miserable
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Oh, @susanne ! :console2: :friends:
I'm so sorry to hear you have yet another problem. I hope that the increased meds help. At least your doctor is onto it and should be able to sort it out.
I also hope that your anemia is on its way out.

I'll be thinking of you.
 
Hopefully your situation is improving on all fronts......

I'm waiting for my appointment to see what's next for me on my shoulder. I had MRI last Wednesday which from the report showed that the supraspinitis is atrophied, full thickness tear, and retracted. Not sure what doctor's plan will be but did want to check with you.... You had reverse shoulder replacement? Just concerned what your results were on range of motion and strength? What I'm reading online is not seeming positive. By neither is doing nothing or attempting another repair.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No I had 2 shoulder replacements. Rotator cuff was left intact could be that's why my recovery wasn't too bad. My brother had reverse 2x still not good after 3 years.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Ok change of plans. Too many omens are standing in the way of back surgery. Cancelling and going to my sisters ( she has stage 4 bone cancer) pain management dr for treatments instead
Guess there are higher powers warning me and I'm very superstitious
Will keep you all posted
Hope everyone has a great summer
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
It does sound like you just need to take a breather for a bit. Besides, a visit with your sister will make both of you stronger! Hopefully getting away will help clear the cobwebs and you can decide a path forward with all this.

So sorry about your kidneys. Have you completely sworn off all the NSAIDs?
 
Yes I have. No more. Learned my lesson. Serious consequences



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Just wrote the longest post and can't find it!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
That is soooooo frustrating to get all that down and not have it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Found it on my other thread hooray I'm one year out which really should read 2 years out from Ltkr
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Plans changing again. Since my fall while on a 2 day vacation August 31st sprained ankle both sides I have been in s boot for the past 3 weeks and wrecked havoc on my knees and back
Had gel shot in rt knee hoping to take some pain away. But bc of the unevenness of knee high boot ( bought extender for other shoe)
Returned to pain management dr who said he couldn't help me anymore with my back issues and suggested surgery on back. Do I go with neuro or spine surgeon. So back to square 1 again
Hopefully one day I will be able to write on this site. I'M PAIN FREE!!! Until then.... Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
I think you want to go with the surgeon who has the most experience. Good luck in your search.
I updated your other thread title to read 2 years.
 
Definitely see a neurosurgeon for any back surgery. It's tricky stuff and you want the best guy you can find. Sometimes the surgery can make things better. My husband has a terribly arthritic spine and since 1981 has had 5 surgeries on different parts of his back over the years. All but one made improvements. And the one that didn't help we learned the back was not really his problem....it was poor circulation in his legs!
 
Thanks for your advice. Neuro surgeon it is.
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart[emoji768]
 
Back
Top Bottom