THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

Thanks all! Much appreciated..

I definitely feel better compared to yesterday and slept half sitting up last night so I could breathe.

Hip hasn’t had much exercise over the past few days but feels ok if a bit stiff. No pain though so that is good..

Occ health rather tardy re sending thorough their report so will try some hours work on Monday and see how it goes!
 
Sorry you and your hubby are sick and I hope you both have a full recovery soon! And that is great news about your return to work!
 
Atm it feels like a nasty cold but with added breathing difficulty so am sleeping sitting up! The wedge pillow Hubby bought me hs a godsend. He also bought me some Ferro Rocher chocs so I am allowing myself one a day to get over the horrible taste of lemsip!

I am still doing the Slimpod method for weightloss and still in that mindset so writing down my three daily wins - whether food or non food related!
 
Oh my... yes, stay hydrated and don't know how the weather is in your neck of the woods, but some good old Vitamin D:SUNsmile: and fresh air are important medicines.
Hugs and hope it is short lived!
 
Glad you are feeling better! Three daily wins sounds very doable! Recovery as a whole has been very peaceful and I want to extend that to life outside of this recovery time as well. Enjoy your Sunday and chocolate!
 
Morning. I spent most of yesterday sitting outside and occasionally walking around the garden . Better nights sleep last night.

Going to try and do sone limited catching up on work emails today armed with Lemsip. Will try and schedule Zoom meetings for later in the week when I look more presentable.

Thanks for all your support!
 
Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. Covid sure seems to be doing the rounds right now.
 
That was always my worry, getting some virus while recuperating from my THR's. Glad to hear you are recovering!
PLus now you are doing some office work. Pace yourself... get up and move frequently..:chuckmarch:
 
Hi!
I did 3.5 hours work today spilt into 2 sessions with a half hour walk in between. I also sat at the computer with an icepack strapped to my hip.

Feeling very tired now but not sure if is the Covid or mental exertion…

Last nights sleep was better than the night before. Regular lemsip and cough mixture doing the trick .

Workwise at least I have made a start…

I spent the afternoon outside reading with the occasional walk around the garden. Trying to walk without the crutch but have it with me for safety

Microwave meal tonight to save either of us cooking.

Hope everyone has had a good day.
 
It's good to hear that you have coped really well with your first wfh day, but it's a shame that you haven't heard back from Occ Health yet. Would it be worth contacting the by email to see if they could give you an idea of their recommendations so that you don't overdo it while the report is being prepared ?
 
Here we have to be given clearance to return- making sure to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.
 
I have heard from them after I sent them a polite email. Everything as discussed and they sent it to me first for comments before sending in to HR and my boss.

As we had agreed verbally I started work in reduced hours yesterday .. I get tired and have to remember to take regular breaks from sitting down. An awful lot to catch up on workwise!

occ health have given me a phased return of 4-5 weeks but I don’t see my Consultant until 23rd of this month. It should have been yesterday day.

Still a bit groggy from Covid too!
 
Sorry for the stress combo of recovery, Covid and the return to work. Overall, it seems you’re handling it like a champ, SG! May this week be a good one! :SUNsmile:
@SurreyGirl
 
Thank you!

The Covid bout is worse this time around - particularly the chest congestion so still sleeping on my back but upright!

Can now get into bed from either side so bed pushed back to wall giving more room in my bedroom/office.

Missing seeing friends as I don’t want to give them Covid!

Work in a p/t basis keeping me busy and I am very happy to relax in the afternoons.
OH report through and going to my HR and boss today. In the report it says that HR and Mgt can still overrule the GP and OH suggestions. ! Let’s hope they are sensible.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom