Guest viewing is limited

THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

I had wondered what lemsip was as well. Our weather went from summer to true fall- no nice warm fall days. That series sounds perfect for this season of the year. It seems like a good day for cozy blankets and a relaxed agenda for all of us.
Side question- is anyone else still dealing with swelling? I am working on elevation.
 
We use nippy also, for that chill in the air. So I am familiar with that one, but there are many words that crop up that are unfamiliar. I was guessing Lemonsip was water with some fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Carry on...I love reading even if I'm not always participating. It's like having a pen pal overseas, lol. :wink:
You know I love ya, SG. :friends: Have a great rest of the day!
@SurreyGirl
 
Side question- is anyone else still dealing with swelling? I am working on elevation
Others will naturally chime in, but I will say that my OS mentioned swelling can last up to a full year, usually easing over time, so good to still work on it with ice and elevation when you're lying around
 
It's been dreich here for weeks but it's braw the day
Now this is totally ??????? Huh??? :heehee:
dreich = dreary, bleak but where I am it usually means wet too!
braw = good, fine as in the famous:
"It's a braw bricht moonlit nicht the nicht”
This translates to : It's a good (or brilliant), bright, moonlight night tonight. Truth is, it's very rarely used.
 
Hi Hippie Chick

It is going ok… so many emails where people received a “holding response” from the team supposed to be covering for me!

And which I now have to follow up. I’m pacing myself though.

My postponed Consultants appointment is next Monday. For some reason my leg hurts a bit when I put weight on it.

Im
Managing to sleep on my side though so that is progress.

Good luck with your work-related negotiations..
 
Thanks! My son’s girlfriend said they can sense I am now closer to them. I wonder if someone saw my car at my house. Sorry your coverage didn’t do more. Is this a new leg pain?
 
Hi Hippie Chick

It is going ok… so many emails where people received a “holding response” from the team supposed to be covering for me!

And which I now have to follow up. I’m pacing myself though.

My postponed Consultants appointment is next Monday. For some reason my leg hurts a bit when I put weight on it.

Im
Managing to sleep on my side though so that is progress.

Good luck with your work-related negotiations..
I'm sorry you are experiencing pain! I hope your Dr can address that at your Monday appointment.

Side sleeping is good progress though! Hope it brings restful sleep!
 
It is horrible isn't it.. I add a bit of honey to make it palatable. Now I am over Covid I am off Lemsip and just having a bit of parecetemol as and when but mostly relying on icing.. .

I worked 4.5 hours today and then ventured out to the supermarket with hubby. My first visit to the supermarket in two months. I pushed the trolley until it got a bit heavy and then handed it over to him. I had one crutch with me.. I should have bought two.. We deliberately chose a quiet time but I got scared once or twice with people coming around corners of the aisles fast and not seeing me. Having two crutches would have made me feel more stable. We were there for around 40 minutes and I was on my feet the entire time.

I could not believe how tired I was when I got home. Still, it is progress. Iced as soon as I got home.
We are having a lazy evening tonight and having sushi.. So no cooking for either of us..

Yesterday I made duck with black bean sauce from scratch. We standing at the cooker for around 35 minute having sat down to prepare the veg.. Not too bad.. All of this is part of getting back to normal. I had the leftovers for lunch!
 
It sounds like you did really well today. When I saw my surgeon last week he mentioned going to hydrotherapy but I didn't ask about swimming. Hope you get the go ahead for that. I might give the supermarket a go tomorrow, the weather here is awful at the moment, storm Babet is paying us a visit and at least the supermarket will allow me some undercover walking, also it's my youngest son's birthday tomorrow and as he's currently back home I need to find him a birthday cake.
 
That is exactly why I went with hubby to the supermarket as could walk around in the dry. The storm hit us this afternoon. Quite a bit of rain but I think the North will get it worse than us Southern Softies!

Next time we will take two shopping trolleys so I can push one about without loading it up too much. Definitely a learning curve.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom