Guest viewing is limited

THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sunbunny
Yes, my pain has improved quite a bit (however, if I walk too much I do get a bit more pain...maybe a 2 1/2). I have since found I have tearing of the labrum (which my surgeon didn't know) and I believe this is the source of the little amount of pain I do have). I'm pretty sure I will move forward with the THR on August the 31st, as I'm tired of using a cane and having to think consciously everytime I do the most minor activity (like preparing to walk). So there ya have it my friend! Oh, I have the type of personality that has much empathy for others, so I never mind looking things up when I'm concerned about someone! You've always been such a nice person and I do worry for you! :-)
 
I will not get in as we have had a bunch of shark attacks.
Kind of makes you wonder what a shark would make of a titanium hip joint! Testing NOT required! Enjoy your weekend away, will be looking to see how it goes as I'm off out bush for a big party in a couple of weeks. I think I have a bed...
 
Sunbunny I never started a post op thread, just read other threads and move on, suppose I should have :( :(
When was your June surgery?? Sounds like you are doing great....enjoy the ocean, we are going the end of September! Continue to heal, love your positive attitude, hugs to you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sunbunny, sounds like you are moving along. Nothing more relaxing than being near the ocean, smelling the salt air and hearing the crashing waves. I love walking alone the edge of the water. Not sure I would go in deeper than my ankles off the coast of NC right now though!!
 
@Great Aunt Janet Lol wish you could join me, we would give the sharks a run for their money with our bionic parts. Hmm more like easy pickings! I hope you have a bed, be careful with the new hippee. Much pampering required....how many pillows to pack.......

@PDA glad you are doing well. Hugs to you too! It is fun making plans to go on trips!

@webbie73 totally agree. I have never heard of so many shark attacks. It has to be more than fishing off the piers and fishing in the ocean. People have been doing that for years. My husband was a lifeguard for six years in South Carolina and Florida and he only heard of one attack. Of course that was over 35 years ago. Lol. Time flies! More sightings everyday of the sharks in knee deep water. No ocean frolicking for me. Hugs
 
Update....made it here..bed is comfy especially with all my pillows. Yikes no beach yet. Thunderstorms yesterday and today...well being our holiday Fouth of July there is no parking at the beach accesses and I am not so good at walking long distances in the heat. Up early tomorrow morn! We did find snake man, yup this guy was walking down the road with a a 20 foot boa wrapped around his torso with the head falling off his arm. Yikes! Been in the hotel pool and pooped. Thinking of sending hubs for ice. Hip is hot...too much activity. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am happy though, at one point I thought trips like this were out of my future. I even sat in a pool chair. Felt wonderful to go to a restaurant...grilled shrimp, marinated cucumbers, tomatoes in a fresh pita wrap. I think I could eat those forever! Hugs!
 
Sunbunny, enjoy the ocean, nothing I love more than the sound of the waves, so, so relaxing!! Ice that hip and elevate!!
Happy you made it safely!!
Happy Fourth also!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy holidays from me too. We too had storms last night and hot today. But am nowhere near a beach or the sound of water :boohoo:
 
Been in the hotel pool and pooped.
Wow @sunbunny, you gave me a bit of a start there! Due to the marvellous differences in English language slang, your little sentence has a COMPLETELY different meaning in Australia - and UK I think - to what you were actually saying. I was worried I was reading about some unknown THR side effect...
:eeeuw:
On the other hand, your holiday diet sounds like just what @Poppet would have ordered :)
 
@Suzette and @Great Aunt Janet no tired. Lol! You guys crack me up! Although we had a male in the swim class before us a couple years back. He regularly closed the pool with his deposits. It almost was ridiculous. Our teacher bought the fake poo made out of plastic and threw it in the pool one day. We would do poo searches before class. He finally was asked to leave and no more deposits. Reread my post I can see what you are saying. Wow, if it had been that easy to get relief all new hippies would float in pools. Question for all of you, the last three days I have had a burning pain in the middle of my leg where it attaches to my torso. So weird. It is particularly bothersome when I walk. PT said it was muscular. Thoughts?
 
Poo searches! Arrrrghh! Finding just one would ensure non-attendance for me, you are SO tolerant @sunbunny!!!

With that pain - is it after doing more than usual? That is usually what causes any aches for me, not so much exercising, as nipping about thoughtlessly. Or maybe the pool chair was a bit low? Hope it goes after some more rest mate, and puts your mind at rest.
:sleeep:
 
@sunbunny
It does sound as though you are doing a lot more activity than what your body has been used to. Hopefully that's all it is. Special prayers for you tonight!
 
Hi @sunbunny oooeer poo searches beause of a grown man...nasty :censored:

I too get that burning but in the middle of my front thigh. Am sure its the muscles having a moan. So today you should rest up and be waited on hand and foot :martini:. Have a great day x
 
thank you for your advice. Since it happen prior to this trip I think it most likely is related to PT and a certain huge ball they put under my legs. Ok I will tell you before your mind goes somewhere...it is one ball. An exercise ball, I have to lay flat on my back, ball is under my calves, pull in those core muscles and squeeze the bum, then pull my knees towards my chest. I do not particularly like this one. The burning seems better after a good nights rest but I haven't moved much yet. I do believe hubby is wearing on the hand and foot service. Just a tad nippy with comments. I probably am too sensitive but.... Yesterday he was confused with the directions I was giving him so finally said just listen to the lady. WHAT lady he said, hmmmm... GPS lady. Lol. Thank you again for thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Barb
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:flwrysmile:oooh well, that's a bloke for you !! think I am a little sensitive too, as far as I am concerned my Hubby can't even make a cup of tea and everything is his fault anyway!! Think I will keep out the way today and read a book and say not a word!!

Still, you try and have a chilled day and relax that muscle after sitting on that big ball!! xx
 
@Suzette okay I am truly lol. Those same words came out of my mouth yesterday. Especially I am not saying a word. Did not last long though. When something goes wrong it is always my fault as hubby does nothing wrong. Just venting, mostly he is very sweet and caring. I need him to go play 18 holes of golf! Peace for me and him! Recovery is a long bumpy road and I want to be able to do all things. Fussy bunny today.
 
I see a pattern with hubby issues here lol. I think we are so used to our independence it's hard to have to ask for help. I nursed my hub thru 2 very complex surgeries and did a great job I might say. :) it's our nature, not theirs I think. No disrespect to any of the dudes but sheesh.....I got a lecture last night for something ridiculous. Left me thinking what?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OMG poop patrol!!!!! Our pool is in a assisted living community and once they had to close the pool for poop but at least it was and elderly person. Bless you for your tolerance.

Today hubby and I went to Target, Barnes and Noble, Michaels and Staples. I was walking and on my feet for 2 hours. Hip was good not great but good. Nothing to really complain about there BUT the knees!! OMG that darn knee was on fire and swollen when I go home. I had to ice it and not my hip. I had premedicated with ibuprofen before we left and still had trouble.

It will be a scooter for me in Disney!!

I learned a lesson....double tie my sneaker laces. If I had been alone I don't know what I would have done when my lace came untied in the middle of Michaels. Thankfully, hubby was quick to tie my sneaker.
 
@sunbunny
I think it is a big NO :bignono:to the big BALL in therapy. I sometimes think ~now when in my real life do I need to do this!? Tell your therapist all of your people tell you not to do it!(Bonesmarties and we hippies are your people!) LOL!
I have the hubbie issues too and my daughters were home for dinner last night and one said~ mom he doesn't need to be micromanaged~ geez I decided the same as you~ Ok I'm not saying another word as I watched the BBQ drip all over the kitchen floor!
He played 18 holes every day this weekend so we do have harmony today! :roseshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom