THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first @sunbunny and @webbie73 we did go away for a night when I was only a few weeks post op (the people next door had a post graduation party STARTING at 11pm :shocked:) We went to a hotel (with a fashionably low line loo) for the night and the image of hubby wrangling the toilet raiser (it was one of the full chair over toilet types) out of the lift past the young couple waiting to enter the lift is indelibly etched; when he got it (and the FOUR other trips worth of "stuff" out of the car!) we fell on the bed in fits of laughter... hubby wanted to follow Young Love out of the hotel and tell them "this is what Love becomes", and of course that is true :yes: only someone who loved you would drag your toilet chair et al into a swish hotel IN DAYLIGHT :rotfl:

and secondly @Great Aunt Janet, Big Sis is a loooooong way away.... and can't drive yet; gotta strike while ya can :heehee:

Those low dunnys are killers.... not just getting UP either, you lower yourself down, reach a sort of "critical mass" then bang down on them; I used the one at my son's work one day, and it made me realize how much easier it was at home. Sunbunny's right, I'll be making a list of peeps and places worthy of my efforts after the next hip:snork:
 
@sunbunny most evenings I listen to local talk show on my ipad w a sleep timer. Some conversations just put me right out. Altho your hubby may take issue w giggling -- some topics are just to funny.:loll:
 
@Granny Di , @Cynthia777 , @craftdee , and @Great Aunt Janet you guys are so funny and cheer me on. I have an extra wonder booty if anyone wants it, lol. Only one more in home therapy and then I am on my own. Should be ok. Can't wait to be cleared for the pool. Just need the scab to go away from the staple I extracted from my body. PT was quite surprised to see a staple had been left. Yeah our equipment sure does turn heads. I will be taking the throne elevator with me on vacation. Maybe I will get it it's own little bag! Hmmm,.marshalls has cute shopping bags for 99 cents that should do the trick. Finally went to sleep at 5:30 this morning. Only had a two hour nap. Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight. I can tell when I have done enough, noodle leg on left and log leg on right. Cheers, hugs, and laughter!
 
Feel for you (and everyone else with same problem) not sleeping @sunbunny - I think there is nothing worse than lying in bed awake and tossing and turning with the pillows and other occupants. Makes you feel so grotty. I hope you are making the most of any quiet moments in the day and catching a kip whenever you can?

I was thinking about the height of toilet/loo/john/dunny :wink: seats - wouldn't an inflatable ring type of affair - maybe with some kind of flap to use to anchor it in place - or ties - be a useful thing? It would have to be sturdy (at least for my use it would!) but at least it would be portable for hotels, other people's houses etc. Restaurants might be a little more awkward - just going to the ladies room darling (takes large bag, comes back all red in the face from the blowing up and deflating, not to mention all the cleaning down, people might misunderstand/think you've left and clear your plates). But still ... is there such a thing?
 
well @Great Aunt Janet there COULD be.... I can see it now the "Great Aunt Janet Dunny Donut" :loll: One size fits all *no responsibility taken by the GAJ Co for mishaps or misadventures You could make a fortune..... or NOT :snork:

The OT said to me when she gave me my HUGE wedge cushion, "just take this with you when you go out"... I felt like going back to her and asking if SHE'd ever tried wrangling a bright blue two foot square foam rubber cushion. I got my sis to make a removable cover for it so at least it was more attractive, could be freshened up and didn't "stick" to your clothes on those occassions you had to "slide" over it a bit to get into your seat (Dome Coffee Shop benches, don't even try ladies!!) :rotfl:

@sunbunny I'm putting all my wishing into that scabbing falling off for you... being able to swim was the turning point in my recovery; I LOVED it (I mean I do love swimming, so that helps :heehee:) just being able to move freely and without pain/discomfort - so much easier to stretch and exercise with no resistance - was fabulous, getting some (pardon the pun) fluid movement in was heavenly. It really helped set me up, cleared my head, so hopefully not long now and you'll be there :swim:

Hope you're able to get improved sleep too... I am a notorious non-sleeper, it's been the case for years - so it's my normal (that said I sometimes think it's SUCKS!!) but you DO need the amount of sleep you NEED if you know what I mean; if you don't get much but cope normally on not much, good, if you don't get much but need more... not good. Everything crossed for ya :fingersx:

Donna :flwrysmile:
 
I feel like a famous inventor, thanks to @sunbunny, @craftdee, @Granny Di and @Cynthia777... if only! I suppose that means a 'no' then? I will keep thinking of the Betty Booper every time I meet a low loo, and laugh in its face (will I wince and lower myself...). Mad lot.

So @sunbunny, is your crowning glory once more glorious? How did the trip go? and is your hip still hot?
 
@Great Aunt Janet lol. Hubby just brought an ice pack so not hot right now. My days of being really hot are gone except for the occasional hot flash. Trip will be the end of July unless going to Walmarts counts. Thought of you watching a House Hunters last night. Sydney is so beautiful. Hope you have a great day! :martini:
 
Latest update on swim therapy. I have been waiting to go walking in the pool for several weeks mainly due to scab still on incision. The pool where I had water aerobics prior to THR has a chair which lowers you into the pool. I never used it but was so looking forward to getting into the pool. Not going to happen because OS has not cleared me yet. He said we would talk about it at my next appointment in two weeks. I guess I am trying to rush stuff. I will be 7 weeks out this Friday. Certainly don't want to put new hip at risk but am surprised that I have to sit. Anyone have experience with this?
 
Hi @sunbunny - I just read the post by the teacher who had a bone infection BEFORE she had surgery (how does that happen?) and I can see why the doctors are against swimming as it might be the place to catch something.
Seven weeks is early in this recovery game. I just read over some posts and one woman said to take it easy for three months and then the body would speed back to normal. So I took it easy the last two days.
You'll be in the water soon!:surfer:
 
@sunbunny, I just had my 5 week follow up this afternoon. I have been cleared to go back to the pool but he said no swimming and just go easy with the water aerobics. I plan on just moving all my joints and taking it easy. I head to the pool on Wednesday!
 
@Granny Di and @webbie73 good advice. Just want to do things! No rush...do not want more problems down the road. Grandson's birthday party this Saturday. New worries about what I am going to sit on. Outside water party at their house. Have a directors chair I can put a pillow in but it will never be comfortable for two hours. Yikes 25 kids four and under running around with Water guns and water balloons. Hugs
 
@sunbunny, I know what you mean about being able to do things. I need to head to Macy' t get some capris and make up but know that is still too much walking. I know in a few weeks I will be even better than I am today.

A pillow on a chairs sounds like the way to go for the party. How lucky you are to be able to be at the party but yikes...25 four and under kids running around! I hope you get one of those big soaker water guns! Tomorrow is my grandson's third birthday and I will be missing it. I could not handle the plane trip from Rhode Island to Virginia. Have fun.
 
Twenty-five toddlers! Are you crazy! Can you take your gravity chair? You will need a good long nap after the party -guaranteed. Birthday parties are such a big deal these days and I asked my own grownup kids if they remembered their parties and they don't. Have fun!
 
Good idea @Granny Di I can always recline some. @webbie73 let your fingers do the walking. Lol I got an order from Macy's this week. I did use my walker today at Steinmart. I needed capris too. Don't know if they fit yet. I can't tolerate anything tight but stretchy yoga pants can't be worn everywhere. Lol! We have the big soaker water guns but I want to be a spectator....guess I better think about what I wear up top....wet t shirt and all.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom