THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes @Midchild54 I colored mine out of a box for 20 years. I went white/gray at age 30. But we have a friend that is our hairdresser who dyes it at about the same cost as a haircut (and includes the haircut). So I go about every 5 or 6 weeks. I used to be a brunette but now I am a blondie. If I had to keep up the brunette stuff I would have to dye every two weeks. Lol. If it becomes a mess...I will have to do it myself. Yikes. Thanks for the info....have you ever tried the touch up kinds? How are you doing?
 
No, I've never tried touch up but when I died my hair strawberry blond and had longer hair, I could get away with just doing my roots. Now that my hair is shorter, it pretty much goes grey all around. When I started with just a lighter blond, I could go longer between dyes. I also started going grey around age 30. I started dying it after the grey hairs got to numerous to pull them out, ouch! I've been trying to talk myself into doing it now that I've started back to work. I just posted an update on my thread about work. Check it out. Hope you're doing ok. :thumb:
 
@sunbunny and @Midchild54 Interesting that you are chatting about hair color. I had to cancel my hair appointment yesterday because of my vertigo (which I'm managing). I am starting to look like Cruella D'Ville with white streaks! I am just not ready for prime time and have to figure out what to do as it's been 5-6 weeks. When I let my hair go curly the white isn't so noticeable or I'm in denial!:yikes:
 
Me too @Midchild54 - Nice and Easy over here in Australia, best tip I had from a hairdresser is to use a tinting brush to apply instead of relying on the nozzle, works a treat, have been doing mine for years, and some (obviously visually impaired) people think it is all natural. LOL. :)

Or @sunbunny - take a big cushion to sit on in hairdressers? The sound of to-ing and fro-ing with wet/dye in hair made me giggle, but then I was worried you were serious. No! Or - if you do, get a video made ...!!!
 
Just reading your hairdresser conundrum @sunbunny and it made me realize that those sodding restrictions I had for 12 weeks DID have an upside... of sorts; I had to use my wedge cushion for so long that it's use at such visits was inevitable. Well I actually only went for haircuts not for dying it, I do it myself as I can't stand how dreadful I look in the hairdresser's mirror while they're doing it... oh and the last time I went in they wanted $93 ... only costs $15 in Priceline, just couldn't bring myself to pay the difference - especially when I thought of the sitting in the hairdressers waiting 45 minutes for it to take - at home I wrap a plastic bag around my head and "do stuff" while I'm waiting. Must look a right fright as the dog always glances at me askance when I have my grey plastic shopping bag around my head.... and NO I DON'T open the door if anyone knocks; have been known to answer the phone, which is stoopid as my cream phone takes "Natural Brown" far faster than my hair does:rotfl: Anyway, when I DID use the cushion it actually HELPED!

My hubby uses Hair For Men sometimes, what I don't understand is that MY hair colour has to stay on for 45 minutes and his only has to stay on for 5, what the???? Another one they've got over us, along with the naturally looooooong lashes, sigh.

I am somewhat vertically challenged, as they say, so I find some places I visit need "accommodating". In fact we went to dinner at our friends on the weekend, nobody said anything but their table was half way up my boobs (they're not THAT low, it was a high table thank you very much!) Dave just came over said hop up Donna - I always do as I'm told :wink: so hopped up and he plonked a cushion on the chair... I nearly came up to the adults level after that :rotfl: they are unnaturally tall, lol, as are my sons and hubby.... I am however, taller than my sister, so THERE:loll:
 
Oh my goodness. I have tears rolling down my cheeks laughing at this thread. You ladies have made my day.

I was invited to go to my brothers house yesterday and decided not to go because I would not be able to use the bathroom facilities. I swear his toilet has to be one of the lowest I have ever I experienced! It wouldn't be so bad if there was something nearby to help hoist myself up with like a counter or sink. If I had a seat raiser I would have brought that but I don't have one. In fact I don't know how I would lower myself down onto the throne either!!
 
Here ya go girls....

 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sunbunny's Rainbow
    image.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 180
@Cynthia777 , @webbie73 , @craftdee , @Granny Di , wow that is some butt lifter! I think ladies we will have to make a list of restaurants, friends, and even the pool locker rooms based on the facilities. I can see it now, I will have to decline your invitation based on the fact that your throne does not meet my requirements. I can hear them saying, "the nerve". But it is true, who wants to risk dislocation after all we have been through. Thank you for helping me, laughter does help difficult situations. Even though we may poke fun, the reality of it we glean much needed info from each other. Now what have we not talked about today? Cheers to all!:flwrysmile:
 
Glad i read this -- im staying overnite at my brothers. I may have to bring my raised 'throne'!
 
@Great Aunt Janet do I infer that a dunny is a toilet alias the throne. Hmmm. Another hard thing is almost 3:00 here in the morning and I can't sleep. Taken meds, put CPAP on, adjusted pillows, counted sheep, threw the covers on and off, disturbed hubby and the cat. Still nada not a wink. So it is going to be one of those nights. I give. CPAP off and I am going to mess with IPAD until I fall asleep probably with the IPAD in my hands. Oh well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom