THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Cynthia777 I have read a lot on it too. I would send a note to my OS but I think the PA does all the message answering too. So I will have to wait until I see OS. I am better today emotionally about it. Thank you again!
 
Hi @sunbunny
I finally remembered to try out the gravity chair and I think it will work well if you put a fairly thick cushion on it.
Our cottage is only 25 minutes away and we hope to move out on the weekend.
I do hope you find out that the 90 degree restriction was a mistake.
 
Thank you @Granny Di . I went ahead and ordered one. It just came today. I think it will work great. I will have the PT person check it out tomorrow. I know you are so excited to be involved in fun activities. I miss my friends a bunch. I still have a good bit of scabbing and the steri strips have not fallen off yet so they are not going to clear me for the pool. I am resisting picking at it because I know this will greatly delay the process. The pool where I swim has a chair to lower you in the pool. I never have used it and pulled myself up the stairs prior to surgery. I think I will do open swim for awhile instead of the class. It will take awhile for me to gain confidence. Baby steps. Still not sleeping more than four hours and then doze for a couple more. I think that is where the weepies come from. Hugs continue with your wonderful progress. Oh I did have another victory. I don't need the lifter to put my leg in the bed anymore. Steady gains.
 
@sunbunny Hi, sounds like you are coming along fine! I had bilateral posterior THR last July and my 90 degree was not even addressed on either one. I have never felt like it was an issue so i hope the OS clarifies the order. Good Luck.
 
@sunbunny :wowspring:No more leg lifter! Way to go! Every little victory deserves a celebration. I agree that lack of sleep makes the tears come easily but you are still in the early stages of this recovery business. Hang in -you're getting better -slow but sure.
 
@Granny Di good morning. Clocked in six hours of sleep.. Woohoo! Gravity recliner is great. Especially for my back. Using it on the screened porch until we go on vacation. Hopefully we can plan a trip in July. PT tried to get me to walk down our driveway. It has a steep decline and I declined as well. Level ground presents enough challenges. Lol. Back to dping laps n the house. Have you moved into your cottage?
 
It was minus 4 C here this morning and poured rain yesterday. Cottage will wait until wknd as it is supposed to soar to 24 C....that's about 26 F and 72 F. Oh the joys of living in the boonies.
About the decline - in more ways than one - I did find my wrecked back was better after walking on the hilly trail that it was on the flats. Who knows why?
Glad to hear the gravity chair is working -maybe we should live in outer space?
 
@Granny Di Did you see Gravity with Sandra Bullock? Our joints would not bother us up there! Hospital bed getting picked today. And I am going somewhere today! Have a case of cabin fever. I had the most fun teaching my last year. I moved down to Kindergarten with another first grade teacher. Mainly to escape the drama queens on that grade level. And if truth be known my classroom had its own AC. Being a woman of a certain age and prone to summer moments all year long, the AC was wonderful. I remember the principal walking in and saying it is a little chilly in here and I replied well the kids lips are not blue yet. Hehe. Yes we had lots of fun that last year! Miss the kids and the people I worked with. Do not miss the paperwork and weird parents. Never met a child I did not like. Cheers!
 
@sunbunny
I was always the teachers dream parent. As an example, when my daughter was in second grade I worked in the classroom every day and usually all day, for the entire year! I did anything she needed me to and I didn't ask questions. I'm pretty certain I did all her paperwork and she was so grateful. She was a Nervous Nellie type and was always so stressed. I loved helping out in the classroom...the kids were so adorable! :-)
 
@sunbunny, like you I am looking forward to getting back into the pool for my water aerobic class. Even if I can not keep up with all the movements, just being in the water will help.

I thought to be cleared I just had to have a clean incision , no redness, no scab just completely healed, but at the PT assessment she said up to 6 months. I think she is wrong!
 
@webbie73 i hope your PT is wrong. I thought water therapy was a recommendation for hip replacement. I have to keep signing up for my class even though I am not there so I won 't lose my spot. I think I will ask OS about what the estimate time is to return to pool. I have some scabs still so I don't think it will be for a couple of weeks but six months yikes.
 
I think she was wrong. I had always heard as soon as the scabs are gone and incision is healed you can go back in the water. This question is at the top of my list for the OS.
 
Tomorrow will be my four week birthday for new hippee. So here goes the update. PT went well today. I walked with just the cane. I even had an outing. PT wanted me to go to a store and walk some. Some being the operative word. The only place nearby that is not crazy busy is a Goodwill store. So using my walker I walked into the store. Walked about 100 feet and said that is it baby cakes. Then we had to go to Walmart for a bunch of stuff. So devoted hubby rode the scooter out to the car so I could check for the 9o degree restriction. Using a butt pad it was just fine. I felt liberated to actually shop after four weeks. Hubby felt more liberated because he totally went off the radar. I had to call him and say make your way to the front to avoid your wife going into toddler mode. Lol. I know it does not seem like much but I had PT, went to Goodwill, and survived the harrowing experience that Walmart offers. By the way hubby got nothing on the list. So we came back home and he has taken a nap. Still sleeping and it is 6:30. I am the one that slept maybe four hours total last night. So he is asleep and I have eaten enough junk food to satisfy two teenagers. Feel miserable too. So Cheese its and weight watcher Carmel bars do not a dinner make. But I am too pooped to try to make anything. So here is hope for sleep tonight. Hmmmm.i also will confess that I pulled two steri strips off...still a bunch on. Pt said I could start loosening up the edges. Well...nothing happened and my new hip did not fall out. So cheers to all, hugs, good thoughts, and sleep for the weary.
 
My last 2 steri strips came off today when the visiting nurse looked at my incision. For awhile there I was leaving a trail of steri strips!!

It must have felt good to just get out and be in a store. My first trip out will be on Monday.
 
@sunbunny Hi, in my humble opinion,i feel that getting in the water is ok as soon as your incision is healed completely. I think the 6 month ban could be the odds of hurting yourself by slipping or sliding before healing.
 
@sunbunny -Well that was some exciting trip! :rofsign: Your husband was probably exhausted from worrying about you. I still get a thrill from doing simple everyday things that were out of reach for quite a while. I can also identify wight he junk food diet. So glad to hear that you had a semi-successful safari. Well except that hubby didn't get anything on The List! :arrow:
Di
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom