THR Sulliy in Recovery

Layla Thank you for your kind words you are so right about my grandparents I did think the same , and phew reference to my leg length and thinking about it that makes sense thank you so much k x
 
Sorry to hear of your loss @Sulliy our emotions can run so hot and cold anyway during this recovery I'm sure this doesn't help. I hope your cousin gets well soon, in the mean time our hopes and prayers are with you and your family. :prayer:
 
Glad you mentioned the feeling that the operative leg length is longer. I'm 8 days out, and started feeling that yesterday. Hopefully, once the gait gets more normalized and things settle that feeling should pass.
 
@Sulliy Glad all went well and you are home. So very sorry about your grandfather.:sad: It’s hard loosing a grandparent, no matter how old they get. Layla had great comforting words. :prayer: For your cousin.

Meanwhile, you are in good hands with all the wonderful advice from all in this forum.

Hope you can get enough sleep and keep the pain well managed.
 
@Sulliy happy that you're home and doing good. So sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :prayer: :angel:
 
Oh, so sorry for your loss. Hard enough to deal with when you haven’t had major surgery. I remember feeling the leg discrepancy, too, even asking the OS if he had needed to fix the lengths. It did go away with time. As I recall, there were all sorts of little things that seem to pop up along the recovery road and you’re not sure if they’re normal. That’s what so great about this forum. You can ask “dumb” questions and people don’t care and they’re actually excited to answer them! :heehee: ❤️
 
Hi everyone, I’m doing ok I walked to the bus stop and back today with my crutches I’ve got to start moving as my back is so bad when I sit I had a restless night and haven’t slept all day either I still can’t sleep in my bed because of my back so still in the recliner at night , very stiff when I first get up but it’s getting better every day I totally love the ice packs so so nice , getting bored too , I’m booked in for stitches out on the 13th and my first lot of physio which I question as it’s only 2 weeks post op hope everyone else is ok x
 
Hi, my hippy friend.:flwrysmile:

Your complaints sound like mine at 2 weeks out...tired of sitting, back aching, bored...:bored:
Moving about does help and I would find a bit of relief after lots of sitting by holding on to back of sofa for balance and raising arms up to the sky to stretch back.
Regarding PT, there are so many different approaches...some way too aggressive and unnecessary at 2 weeks...some mindful of just minor helpful tips on stretching and gait.
You are in charge of recovery, so you can set the tone and if you don't feel comfortable doing something...Say so.

These are the tough days and it will keep getting better.
Healing hugs coming your way.:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Happy Wednesday! I hope you had some better sleep last night.
Sleep deprivation is suffered by many in these early days. Thankfully it's only temporary. I wish you well with PT. Please take it slow and don't allow them to force you to do anything that hurts.
Have a great rest of the week! :wave:
@Sulliy
 
Thank you Layla I’m getting better each day and walking to the bus stop and back to try to help my back pain it does wipe me out and I normally sleep for a couple of hours after I’m icing , elevating and keeping on top of my meds I’m doing my exercises morning and night ,I still feel as tho my op leg , hip is longer than my normal hip side which I’m hoping that will sort out invtime as I find myself leaning and trying not to x
 
Hi again, Thanks for the update. It seems you're doing well at only 9 days post op. It's still very early into recovery and the leg length sensation could take up to several months to sort itself.
Following is an article from the BoneSmart Library -
Until next time... :wave:
@Sulliy
 
@Sulliy just popping in to say :wave:! You sound like you're doing pretty well, especially for 9 days out. Slow and steady is the way to rock this recovery. And unfortunately boredom is one of those things that gets us all, we just have to find stuff to amuse ourselves. Binge watch something that you would normally consider a guilty pleasure, watch some silly old tv programs that seem to be popping up here and there lately and, if your concentration is good try reading.
 
Thank you for the advice ref longer leg Layla that’s a relief .... my back does still hurt because I’m sitting a lot and I am sleeping when I feel like it , I’m reading and watching tv I’m doing my exercises and walking to bus stop , I love the ice packs so all is good just to think 10 days ago I was so scared of the op and now I’m the other side is brilliant every day is getting better and to be honest if I didn’t have such a bad back it would have been a lot easier..... thank you everyone for your kind words and support I look forward to hearing from you , how is everyone else getting on ? X
 
You're welcome! We aim to please :wink:
I'm sorry you're back is aching. Hopefully once you're able to easily and safely change positions more frequently the discomfort will quickly ease. Like you, I was also elated to have the surgery behind me. I felt like I was on a high. Well, I'm sure the drugs initially contributed :heehee: but I was certainly very relieved to have that part of the journey in the rear view so I understand your joy in being on the healing side. Stay in touch...will look forward to following your story unfold.
A great Sunday and week to you! :)
@Sulliy
 
Hi everyone a little update well I had my stitches out Monday and physio I wasn’t feeling the best as I think I did to much on the Sunday , and if I’m honest I felt anxious about the stitches, not because of having them out as I’d just had a major hip surgery, but what would it look like and could it be infected I thought to myself , I was totally scared of the not knowing and felt sick , she pulled the dressing off and I looked straight away funny tho as I couldn’t bare the thought of it up till then , I couldn’t believe it , it looked clean , not red and Good!!!!! She said that looks brilliant I could feel my stress levels drop and I was so relieved , I went home for a cuppa and then off to physio, the young lady who I saw was lovely I explained I was feel delicate and asked her not to ask to much of me as I’ve soon learnt 2 steps forward and 10 back if you don’t let your body heal , she was brilliant and to be honest I’ve been a good patient if I don’t mind saying myself , I’ve been doing most of the exercises already , she showed me a few more which I’ve been doing a couple of times a day , THEN Tuesday my friend came round to see me I’ve not seen her since school I felt brilliant I’d cut my meds down, iced , Elevated And stuck to exercises and then bang I did something stupid bent down a little to far now while I didn’t dislocate my hip it flipping felt like I had my butt felt like I’d been kicked by a horse with both hoofs the set back was Unbelievable gosh I won’t do that again I couldn’t sleep I literally slept 2 hours in 2 days then I got my sons cold lucky tonight I finally slept for 3 hours it felt amazing so remember don’t bend if you’re feeling better good night hippies it’s all worth it tho x
 
@Sulliy
I have moved your post, above, from the December Supernovas thread to your own thread.

Please remember that the monthly team threads are primarily a list, to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. They are not for chatting. Updates, Discussion of issues, comments, and questions concerning recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in your own thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Just in case you couldn't find your thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Well, you learned a lesson and luckily did not dislocate anything. Sounds like you are doing quite well. I hope you get rid of the cold soon. Wishing you some sleep tonight.
 
Oops sorry I’ve not used a device for long i get a little confused to where I needed to post I shut the app down on my phone so it didn’t let me post in the normal place thanks for moving it tho x
 
Glad you are happy with your hippy scar.
Grabbers are certainly a great tool for new hippys. You need 2 pair...one to grab the one you drop.:giggle:

Hope today is a Good Day!!!
 
Grabbers are certainly a great tool for new hippys.

A grabber was part of my "hip kit" that included a device to help put on socks and a really long shoe horn. I found the grabber to be a huge help even before surgery as it just plain hurt to bend over. I liked it so much I ordered another pair from Amazon and kept one in the kitchen, one next to my recliner, and one by my dresser to help getting dressed or picking up dropped clothes.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom