Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, I am glad to hear that you got your pain meds and that you are back home. :yay: Keep up the positive attitude. You have been through bunches and know that God is there helping you every step of the way. What could be better?! God bless!
 
I love your attitude. So glad you're home.
 
Welcome home!:yes 4:

I'll never forget the folks that were in my PT rehab unit.
 
Sonja,

Congrats on getting back home, and in piece. Now things can start to settle down and get back on the right track for you. Just think not long before you can see Killer Katie again.
 
Sonja,

Congrats on getting back home, and in piece. Now things can start to settle down and get back on the right track for you. Just think not long before you can see Killer Katie again.

Hi I start back on Monday to outpatient and haved already warned "Killer" Katie.:th_heehee:
 
You've really had quite a journey! Glad you're home and doing so well, it's about time and you deserve it! Your humor and positive attitude helped me a lot with finally getting my knees done, thank you.
 
Sonya, How is it working to be working with a doctor distant from home? It's hard for me to imagine all the back and forth if I have a revision somewhere.
 
Mary,

Dr. Maale has my Primary care physician on board who has already set up any testing I will need to have before I return to see him. He believes in a team approach to my care, and while I was in Dallas the Infection Specialist, the internist, the physiotherapist ans a primary physician were alll part of his team. I will see the infectio specialist here, who will monitor the CRP and SED rates. I have home health for the infusion port coming in once a week to make sure it is not getting infected. I will start outpatient therapy on Monday in an unloaded full length brace, with instructions from Maale about what can and can't be done until I see him again in two weeks.

For a situation like yours, he would give more responsibility for follow up care where you live, and would only have you come back if problems developed.

The rehab center that I was at, is rated as one of the best in Tx, and I can see why! He would like his patients from out of town to be there for at least a week, so that he could get a pretty good idea of how the surgery affected you.:biggrin:
 
Update: one day short of four weeks and infection is gone! I am not hurting like I was when the staple was hidden imbedded (go figure):th_heehee: and I am walking around the house, doing dishes, cleaning, and so on. I LOVE my new knee, and I am willing to accept that my knee scars will always reflect 3 surgeries!:wink1:

The way I look at it is, I am walking almost pain free all of the time now! I still have a shifty kneecap (but then again as PooShay would say, I'm a shifty character!:hysterical:

Tomorrow is the start of rehab and I am ready! I love my almost pain free life. Yes there will be days ahead still, but with God I can handle anything!:thumb:
 
Sonja,

From the sound of your posts everday things get better and better for you. I am so glad for you that your improvements are coming so rapidly. Here's to the pain free life.:cocktail:
 
Sonja, I am so glad and happy to hear you are doing so well now, with the infection cleared out, and getting that nasty imbedded staple out. How did they solve the pain med mess up? I was curious about the oxycodone restriction because I had my TKR recently (March 20) and no problem with a script for oxy, though from the link someone sent it looks like they talked about taking it off the market not that long ago. Glad you saw Dr Maale and were able to get it sorted out. It sounds like you have turned the corner and you are on the road to a better life. After all you have been through, you deserve it! I am so happy for you.
 
Ah! Sonja, your last update just left me smiling from ear to ear :biggrin: ----I am just so happy for you---a pain free knee after all this time. You are real proof that TIME & PATIENCE can accomplish miracles. :yes 4:

Take care, don't overdo now, and watch out for Killer Katy :th_heehee:. We care.
 
Sonja, I am so glad and happy to hear you are doing so well now, with the infection cleared out, and getting that nasty imbedded staple out. How did they solve the pain med mess up? I was curious about the oxycodone restriction because I had my TKR recently (March 20) and no problem with a script for oxy, though from the link someone sent it looks like they talked about taking it off the market not that long ago. Glad you saw Dr Maale and were able to get it sorted out. It sounds like you have turned the corner and you are on the road to a better life. After all you have been through, you deserve it! I am so happy for you.

Thanks so much! According to the site it looked as if the end of March was the last manufacturing of Oxycodone. It is still out there but will become harder to get is what I have read on many sites. Oxy made me sleepy anyway, so when Dr. Maale actually asked me what would be best for me I quickly responded Norco 10. I can cut them in half or take two if pain is really bad, but my body is happy with one! I took three total yesterday, and today I will take one before therapy.

Others who might be reading this; please remember that I have treated my knee popping out between surgeries mainly with Motrin.

I am not a martyr, I just have been there done that and gotten 4 t-shirts in the process!:hysterical:
 
You've really had quite a journey! Glad you're home and doing so well, it's about time and you deserve it! Your humor and positive attitude helped me a lot with finally getting my knees done, thank you.

I am glad that my posts have had a positive influence on you. Living pain free is one of the greatest joys in the world, but I would not be anywhere if I hadn't put my faith in God. Jesus has brought me through the pain and hurting safely to the other side. I know there will be days that I will hurt, but I see the finish line and nothing can stop me now!:yahoo:

God bless you for being so kind.
 
Went to outpatient therapy for the first time today. Chris couldn't understand why my knee was in an unloader brace! I was chatting with "killer" Katie when I bent my right knee without even thinking about it. (We had takn it out of the unloader for straight leg exercises:biggrin:). Chris came over and said " would you do what you just did". I asked what he meant and he said " bend your knee like you were doing a minute ago.)

I did and without trying my ROM is already at 94!:yahoo:

What a feeling, I am loving it. We did a lot of exercises with the brace on too, but to just casually bend my knee and get 94 is awesome!

God is so good to me!:yahoo:
 
Sonja, I'm so glad for you! Was it Dr. Maale who suggested the brace? If yes, I'd follow his advice since he looks like he knows of what he speaks!
 
Hi Pooshay!

Yes, Dr. Maale ordered the brace. And yes, i should always listen to what he says and I am wearing it outside of the house.

This morning, Home health came and changed the dressing for my pic line and I was feeling so good I forgot about my crutches after she left!:hate-shocked:
As I have been telling people in other posts, the body is in control, not the mind and all of the sudden, I felt a twinge in the back of my knee! It bothered me for a few minutes and then went away.

It reminded me why Dr. Maale has the doctorate degree, and I am the patient!:biggrin:
 
Well Shifty Sonja, it sounds like a lot has happened in the few days I have been away, and all soooo positive.

Really happy (and celebrating) along with our Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations, that your knee is doing so well, and during our Sunday service for 4 local churches in a giant marquee on the common, I added a prayer for you (not that you need it) that you just go from strength to strength from here on in. I have absolute faith that you will, and your angel sure shines bright around you, and you deserve it.

Take care, do what you are told, and what Killer Katie tells you too. Look forward to more of your story.

Love as always xx:friends:
 
I am so thrilled for you!
You have been through so much and have risen above it with a smile!
Keep up the good recovery!
XO,
Sandy
 
Back
Top Bottom