Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

So happy for you! How wonderful after all this time to get where you should be. Oh, and I hate those twinges! First time I had one I was sure I had ruined my knee. I called the PT and had a meltdown and she reassured me I was going to be just fine.
I can hear your smile in your posts! :thumb:
 
Thanks everyone! :biggrin:

Aretha, an angel sits on one shoulder, telling me to be a good girl and do EXACTLY what the doctor has said. But then I get a little nudge from my devilish side:th_heehee: and I am off to the races on my crutches again!:wink1:
That little devil even stepped in this morning when I forgot I was supposed to be on crutches and I went flying through the house on my own power. :dev-godseesaw:Unfortunately, my knee still likes the crutches more than my mind does so I felt a twinge and sought out my crutches!:wink1:

Sandy and Morning Glory, thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I have been through a lot, but so have you Sandy and I can think of quite a few more on this site!

My prayers are for all of us to have spectacular recoveries!:biggrin:
 
Yay, Sonja! There's no place like home! Plus you got your Dachshund babies for nurses! Glad that the infection is gone and you are making great progress.
Keep up the great work!
 
Sonia!
My devil is a bad girl and she takes over alot of the time. I guess that is why I still do things I know will come back to haunt me in the future!!
As far as the crutch thing...
I would go from room to room, always leaving my crutches SOMEWHERE, and would have to find a spare set (I have 3 sets...) to hunt for the original (decorated) pair!!!
STILL, doesn't oit feel good that you feel well enough to actually FORGET the sometimes?

Now that I am (still) on a cane, I leave that EVERYWHERE...even stores! So silly...My knee reminds me that it is missing too!

I just love reading your posts, as I know I am not alone in my struggle because you are right there with me!!! And you are positive, something I am not right now.
I think God works in a strange manner sometimes, like WHY me???
Still, I drag my sorry bum out of bed and to PT.
Trying to move ahead with the new path I'm on.
I'm glad you are there.
S.
 
Sonia!
My devil is a bad girl and she takes over alot of the time. I guess that is why I still do things I know will come back to haunt me in the future!!
As far as the crutch thing...
I would go from room to room, always leaving my crutches SOMEWHERE, and would have to find a spare set (I have 3 sets...) to hunt for the original (decorated) pair!!!
STILL, doesn't oit feel good that you feel well enough to actually FORGET the sometimes?

Now that I am (still) on a cane, I leave that EVERYWHERE...even stores! So silly...My knee reminds me that it is missing too!

I just love reading your posts, as I know I am not alone in my struggle because you are right there with me!!! And you are positive, something I am not right now.
I think God works in a strange manner sometimes, like WHY me???
Still, I drag my sorry bum out of bed and to PT.
Trying to move ahead with the new path I'm on.
I'm glad you are there.
S.

Sandy,

What a long road it would have been ( and still will be occasionally) if we didn't have others who understood what we were going through. Trying to tell my husband how I feel sometimes doesn't click with him because he hasn't been down this road! He tries to understand, bless his heart, but has no idea the pain and then how the little victories I celebrate are significant in my life.:wink1:

God works in mysterious ways and I say why not me! :biggrin:
I never would have met such wonderful caring people as I have while I have been on BoneSmart! Y'all are my extended family!

I only hope that I can give half as much encouragement to the people that I meet from what I have received.. Each day I make a choice to get up and do the best I can for that day. I am trying to keep from looking to far ahead because that is what gets me in trouble, and I start to do silly things!:wink1:
 
Sandy,

I have 2 pairs of crutches because I left one set at the airport when we boarded the cruise last year!:biggrin:

I have 2 walkers, one that has 4 wheels and a seat, and one with wheels at the front and sliders at the back.

Yesterday, my husband and I round tripped to visit with relatives at my Mom's. We were in the suv for 6 hours total, and this morning I thought the knee was going to kill me formisbehaving:th_heehee:. By lunch, everything had settled down, and when I saw Katie there was very minimal swelling. I used my ice machine the entire trip so that helped a lot.:biggrin:
 
Sonya, there's looking ahead in a bad way (worrying) and looking ahead in a good way (prevention/planning). I seem to have it backwards sometimes!

Your spirit is amazing. If ever there was a glass half full . . .
 
Sonya, there's looking ahead in a bad way (worrying) and looking ahead in a good way (prevention/planning). I seem to have it backwards sometimes!

Your spirit is amazing. If ever there was a glass half full . . .

Thanks Mary! I have had pity party days, but Katie and Tori refuse to let me wallow much!:th_heehee: I have learned through this process you can worry about what tomorrow holds, but that only increases your stress level. I decided to make the most of every day that God has given me. I know that I have a purpose and God is leading me! With that in mind how could I possibly worry about something that may never come true. :biggrin:

I try to live in the moment and be the type of person that makes a difference. In some pictures I will be posting soon you will see me in a Livestrong t-shirt. I remind myself every day that my dads life was cut short to brain cancer at the age of 52, I want to know that what I am doing would have made him proud as well as making my Mom proud! They were/are great parents.
 
Sonja....I'm just catching up with your thread and it's so great to find you doing so well. God bless you, honey, you deserve these smiles. I KNOW you're going to make it just fine! I'm so glad that you've had Dr. Maale on your side.
 
Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I am feeling great! I have not needed a pain pill in the past two days!:wink1:
"Killer Katie" keeps challenging me in PT everyday, adding more to the list, but I am able to do whatever they ask me to do. They told me they knew I would recover quickly this time because I had worked so hard to get the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in shape. They also said that my positive attitude has a lot to do with it! (people were refusing magazines while icing because I was joking with Katie and they wanted to listen instead.) :th_heehee:I love my new knee and I am so thankful that my doctors knew about Dr. Maale. He is terrific and I am living proof.:yahoo:

Katie told me it had been quiet around there until I got back but she was glad I was there because I encourage all of the other patients with my never give up attitude. I still have to wear the immobilizer brace for part of the exercises, but who cares? I am loving each day more and more!

God has blessed me so richly with all of you who have been here in the good times and the bad, and I will be there for others! :friends:
 
Sonja, I'm so glad that things are going well gfor you, especially after the dicey beginning! Enjoy Killer Kathy and the exercises. I feel kinda lst now that my wonderful PT Yolanda has cut me lose!
 
Sonja, I'm so glad that things are going well gfor you, especially after the dicey beginning! Enjoy Killer Kathy and the exercises. I feel kinda lst now that my wonderful PT Yolanda has cut me lose!

I am so happy for you! Even after I finish PT I will continue to use the anti-gravity treadmill! My goal and Katie and Tori, is to become the next Extreme Weight Loss Makeover! Gosh, I would love to meet the guy who inspires them! Katie and Tori said I must take then along.:wink1:
 
I'm so happy for you.
 
Sonja, could you go to TKR Cathyj's knee and talk with her. She has to use an immobilizer and wants some info. I thought you might be able to help her out. Thanks.
 
I forgot to mention that after our 6 hour trip on Thursday, and then me having to give myself my infusion and crawling into bed at 3:30a.m. My husband went to bed at 2 and got up at 8 and wanted to know why I wasn't getting up. I told him I was tired and he said " you need to work on your stamina!". :th_heehee:

Hmmmm.... What a novel concept :hysterical:
 
Here in the UK we would say Lazy Bones!!! Enjoy Sonja you have earned it Lol xxx:friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom