Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Hi Sonja

Been away for a couple of days, and the minute I do there you are with the very best news that your problem is now sorted, and you are on your way back home. The best possible news and for the nicest person and after your struggle you absolutely deserve it.
How great is God, and now we can look forward to your lovely positive postings and I bet its not too far into the future that BOTH knees will be absolutely hunky dorey, our words for great, and you can get back to your life again renewed in every way!!

Take care, keep smiling, and we will be watching! :biggrin:

Bye for now
Aretha xx:friends:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Well I left the rehab center and then we went on a futile hunt to fill my pain medication because the manufacturer quit making it 1 and 1/2 years ago! When I contacted the rehab center the doctor said that was a lie, and I said, then why is it every place we go tells us the same story? He told me to work it out with Dr, Maale at Thursday"s appointment!:hissyfit:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Not good. Hopefully, you have something else to take for pain while you sort it all out.

Motrin. Aspiri,m. And seuffplikr thay at,mt sist ers house

Oh my goodness what pain can do! If anyone was able to interpret my reply, they get a decoder ring (as soon as the cereal makers start putting them back into the box.):hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Oh dear! Sounds painful! I do hope that you get this medication fiasco resolved quickly and do not have too gosh awful much pain in the meanwhile... :friends:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Thanks BJ

Unfortunate namely the pain has reared it's gully head but the bright side is I have the appointment will Dr. Maale and he will make sure that I have adequate pain meds. I am going to take the other prescription to him so he can see I'm not trying to double-dip! I also bet he knows that Oxycodone isn't on the market anymore.:biggrin:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Sonja,
So sorry to hear about the pain medication mess up. Hope you have them on board soon!:thumb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Wow I never noticed how much difference I had when I was at three weeks before with pain pills vs no pain pills! I was still hurting with the other surgeries but now I feel EVERYTHInG every time I walk sit up ice prop my feet up etc. tomorrow I see Maale and I will hand him that prescription, and ask for pain meds that still exist!:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Hi Sonja, what an unneccesary turn of events! I hopemyour pain emds soon!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

I don't know how you do it, Sonja. Still the stalwart trooper slogging through the pain and still managing to be upbeat and positive. You really put the rest of us to shame.:cheers_wine:Maybe a little wine would help.:th_heehee:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Sonja,

Just for you information I checked Google about oxycodone and found this
is oxycodone still on the market - Google Search . I never realized it was being taken off the market.

You sure are our little soldier, I am so sorry to hear you are having all these annoyances and hope that you have come up with something for the pain until you can see the DR. tomorrow. Maybe you should just put your leg in the freezer for a bit.:th_heehee:

Keep us posted what is happening. We all really care :friends:and we are with you on this ride.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

Guess what I found? An "" Emergency Stash" of pain pills that will get me track to Midland! I see Dr. Maale tomorrow and fly HOME Friday:yahoo: I an so ready to be back!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Just for you information I checked Google about oxycodone and found this
is oxycodone still on the market - Google Search . I never realized it was being taken off the market.

.

Gad.....I wasn't aware of this either!!! Our stupid nanny-state government.....sometimes it is soooooo frustrating to see how politicians think!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Roll on Friday Sonja when you will be sorted, and hopefully stacked up with your pain medication, and just being home will be a great boost for you I am sure. Getting Killer Katie back on the case will be soooo good.:biggrin:

Its Jubilee weekend here in the UK, everyone has a holiday, and there are so many celebrations going on all around the country, etc. Street parties, Fetes, etc. etc, My husband and I am going back to Henley on Thames for the celebrations in our old street, we don't know our neighbours that well here yet, and there is so much celebration going on there, it will be great to catch up with our old friends and neighbours for a few days so won't be posting!!

When I get back Tuesday I hope your posts are full of the joys of spring again, although your positivity is amazing whatever is thrown at you.

Have a great celebration weekend, all Bonesmarties in the UK, and all those elsewhere have a great weekend.

Lots of love xxx:friends:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Jamie I hope it spares others who docs might try and prescribe oxycodone because they don't know!

I went to see Dr. Maale today, in my immobilizer brace, using my walker like a good girl!
Before he came in the room I removed all of the steri strips and almost threw up! The stench that came from down below was nauseating. He came in and looked at the knee and said that the rest of the staples must come out immediately because I was having a bad reaction to them. One of them had sunk way down deep and it was painful coming out. So we will have to travel back to Dallas in two weeks to see if the infection is clear.

I will start outpatient rehab on Monday and I am excited! Life will be great! My husband is taking off early to pick me up from the airport.:yahoo:

Right now though, I just feel sick to my stomach. I hope it goes away before tomorrow. I have never had to use an air sickness bag before but i guess there is a first time for everything if needed!:biggrin: (I imagine people would start giving me plenty of room!):hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Oh, Sonja, you are being tested! I do hope it clears up quickly!
 
Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I am home! (no sickness bags required during the flight either!):wink1:
I have home health for my iv therapy starting tomorrow, and out patient
Physical therapy with my leg immobilizer brace starting Monday.

Today is was my three week anniversary of the revised knee and it is time to count some of my blessings.

1. I am farther ahead in recovery than I thought I would be! I am able to race around on crutches in miminal pain although I know I need to take it easy.:secretaea:

2. After being at the rehab center for two weeks, I realized how truly fortunate I am! I saw a young man with a broken back from a car accident, three family members with various broken limbs, a woman with A cracked c1-c2 working her way back to health. I also saw a lot of stroke victims. The one who stood out the most was Linda. She is probably in her 60's, and she had a severe stroke.

What amazed me and at the same time humbled me, was how hard each worked, and how far they came! Linda will probably be walking by next week! The rest did equally well, yet they kept telling me how impressed they were by what I was doing! How could I do any less if all of these people who were there because of circumstance and not choice do any less?:wow2:

3. This is my time. This infection that I have is just on the surface and God is taking care of me!:yahoo:
 
Sonja, so good to have you back home! Your post was a real pick-me-up. Somehow you always manage to make us feel good about life and help us see how blessed we really are. You never fail to life my spirits.

Take care, keep us posted. We care.
 
Back
Top Bottom