Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Bonesmarties go skydiving. Didn't we all have fun....... Sonja thats you out to the left. JustmeT, you're the one in blue at the bottom of the photo. I'm flying the plane!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Sonja I was looking into the anti gravity treadmill, but have to travel clear to the other side of our metro area. Is there much difference between doing that and just walking in deep water? I would think it would be pretty much the same thing. What do you think?

- oh you will not catch me on that airplane or jump for love nor money, but I am actually a pro on photoshop so post your pics and I will put them in :D
 
I am the 1st, the last and the only eh? :heehee: Make sure there is at least one :cocktail:waiting, maybe two...lol! Its fun but its scary!

So we send you to something tame so you can go 1st....like white water rafting, that is very mild.:whistle:

Just, shall we be waiting with a couple of drinks, and a new pair of underwear also?! :wink: :rotfl:
 
Sonja I was looking into the anti gravity treadmill, but have to travel clear to the other side of our metro area. Is there much difference between doing that and just walking in deep water? I would think it would be pretty much the same thing. What do you think?

- oh you will not catch me on that airplane or jump for love nor money, but I am actually a pro on photoshop so post your pics and I will put them in :D
KayeKaye, there is a world of difference between the two! I have done both, and the treadmill is amazing!

I put in my earphones, turn on the music, and I am in heaven!
 
Sonja, you have been one busy little sister, to say the least! Now, you're about to jump out of a plane with clean underwear in hand! You go girl, I'll wait on the ground for you with toilet paper in hand! :loll:
 
A little sad today. Uncle Jim w the congestive heart failure passed away. Mom and I will fly out to Little Rock, either Tues night or Wednesday morning! Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. :cry:
 
So sorry to hear your news about your Uncle Jim, Sonja. I am sure you being with your mom will be a great comfort to her.
 
Sorry to hear of your uncle. It is hard to lose loved ones.

Sorry to bug you when you are having a hard time, but when you used to have problems with your tibia and fibula "popping out" how would you put them back in? I have had issues with my lower leg since my original surgery, and even more so lately. Sometimes I will start walking and it will feel very weird in my lower leg- almost as if the bones are not in place. After a few minutes, I will feel (and hear) a very loud clunk and it will feel like the bones in my lower leg are shifting back into place. It often hurts until this clunk happens and will hurt at the clunk, but then my leg will feel very relieved after. Every now and then, the clunk will not occur and I find myself twisting and turning my leg trying every which way to release the "pressure feeling" that I have. It is mainly a feeling near the fibular head that this happens. Before my revision, I would twist my leg and try to "pop" it- but no one seemed to understand what I meant about it needing to pop. After a clunk today, I realized that my problem sounds a lot like what you used to complain about. Not sure why I didn't make the connection any earlier.

Anyway- again, I am so sorry to bug you when you obviously have other things on your mind, but had to write this out while I was thinking of it.

Take care. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.
 
Sorry to hear of your uncle. It is hard to lose loved ones.

Sorry to bug you when you are having a hard time, but when you used to have problems with your tibia and fibula "popping out" how would you put them back in? I have had issues with my lower leg since my original surgery, and even more so lately. Sometimes I will start walking and it will feel very weird in my lower leg- almost as if the bones are not in place. After a few minutes, I will feel (and hear) a very loud clunk and it will feel like the bones in my lower leg are shifting back into place. It often hurts until this clunk happens and will hurt at the clunk, but then my leg will feel very relieved after. Every now and then, the clunk will not occur and I find myself twisting and turning my leg trying every which way to release the "pressure feeling" that I have. It is mainly a feeling near the fibular head that this happens. Before my revision, I would twist my leg and try to "pop" it- but no one seemed to understand what I meant about it needing to pop. After a clunk today, I realized that my problem sounds a lot like what you used to complain about. Not sure why I didn't make the connection any earlier.


Anyway- again, I am so sorry to bug you when you obviously have other things on your mind, but had to write this out while I was thinking of it.

Take care. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.
Hi Coachie,

When the bones popped out to the side, I had either my PT or Husband to help me.
What works best, and( you can do this if you are by yourself, just make sure you are sitting where your leg is supported.)

If some one is helping it is best to lie down on a flat surface, so they can put their hand where the fibula and tibia heads are.. You will know. Second, have them apply steady pressure as they take and use the other hand on the lower part of your leg. Have them keep pressure and take your ankle and shift it out wards. In other words, they will be pushing and pulling at the same time going to the left, since it is your left knee. If that doesn't work have them keep the pressure on the bones and move the leg inward, after that just experiment. When you are walking and you feel it, put pressure on the bones and move it around until you her the pop. Painful sometimes, but when it is back in place the pain should disappear! :)

I hope I have explained this in a black and white sort of way. My mind is not really working as well as it should, and I have school work to do! :gaah:
 
Dear Lord, give strength to our dear friend Sonja during this difficult time. Help her to guide both herself and her Mum in dealing with this sad family bereavement. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
 
Dear Lord, give strength to our dear friend Sonja during this difficult time. Help her to guide both herself and her Mum in dealing with this sad family bereavement. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
Thank you everyone! This is hard to deal with, but expected. It wasn't if but when for Uncle Jim. Margaret thank you so much for the heartfelt prayer! You and the other BoneSmarties are my rock! My husband is as well, but I think of BoneSmarties like family!:angel:
 
I used to say I found it hard to pray out aloud. Our little prayer basket at my church says "just sit a while" and every time I just do exactly that I suddenly just write on the piece of paper and when I read what I've written I don't know where it came from. But I guess deep down I do know. God guides us in more ways than one.
 
Sonja I am sorry about your uncle. Even though expected it's still sad. Are you sure you are up to flying/traveling right now? I don't think anyone would blame you if stayed at home. How is your Mom taking the loss?
 
Back
Top Bottom