Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well Debbie,

The heart doctor dropped by the room and said "everything's great!" You can go home tomorrow. Then the Kidney doctor stopped by to see if they had decided on which hospice they wanted to use. Aunt Liz was shocked and told him about the heart doctor. After a few ###%%##
Came out of his mouth, he told them that uncle Jim's heart was at 18% and his kidney dialysis was failing. He is in congestive heart failure, and there is not much we can do except to keep the dialysis going, but the body is shutting down.
 
Sonja, it is so hard for the family. Has the family ever dealt with Hospice? It is great, we had it for my dad and my FIL and they were great. So comforting to the patient and the family.
 
Sonja, I am so sorry to hear all your family is going thru. Enough for you sweet lady, you really need a break. Sending prayers for all your family. Big hugs!
 
Sonja, it is so hard for the family. Has the family ever dealt with Hospice? It is great, we had it for my dad and my FIL and they were great. So comforting to the patient and the family.
We had hospice when my Dad had Brain Cancer. Mom has told Aunt Liz all about the services they provide! :)
 
Oh, Sonja, I am so sorry to hear about this. Please know that you and yours are in my prayers.
 
I am so sorry about your brother in law. I hope he passes away in peace without pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
 
Thank you everyone! What a wonderful bunch of people you are! Mom leaves for home in the morning, and I will stay Tuesday night with her. Wednesday is the day that I will decide about continuing antibiotics for any rogue MRSA cells that "might" be running around, or quit all together and do blood tests. The Bactrim is already starting to turn against me, so maybe it is time to give my body rest!
 
UH OH what's the Bactrim doing? How long have you been on it? I'm still on my Keflex and Bactrim (10 day RX). And btw I downloaded that Pillboxie app and it works fabulous. Thanks Josephine! Going to try the flexion app tomorrow.
 
Well, I got c-diff because I was on the doxycycline too long. The Bacrtim has been about 6 weeks I think, and I am starting to have tummy troubles again. I hope it not c-diff coming back to visit! :scary:
 
Yes I was on it for 2 and 1/2 years! My new IS doctor said she had no idea how my body tolerated it for so long. It is supposed to be a two week protocol, and they had me taking a double dose! :gaah:
 
Hello Just!

There are always great things happening for me! I may have "speed bumps " in the road of life, but God is always with me helping me sail over each one! :happydance:

If I give in to worry, discouragement, and so forth, then my health starts to suffer due to stress! I choose to be grateful for each day I am alive. I can't let circumstances determine my attitude. After all, none of us are promised a tomorrow, so live everyday with a purpose that will help someone else and God will take care of the rest! :happydance:
 
Sonja,
My mother in law was on doxy for the last 8 years of her life, she never complained. Oh, she lived to be 98, two months shy of 99. She was very resilient, accepted the present, and never worrried about what was, she was also shy like you.:friends:
 
Sonja,
My mother in law was on doxy for the last 8 years of her life, she never complained. Oh, she lived to be 98, two months shy of 99. She was very resilient, accepted the present, and never worrried about what was, she was also shy like you.:friends:

Wow, what a privilege to be considered this way! Your MIL sounded like she was one in a million! And she was shy like me huh?! What a coincidence! :happydance:
 
Good grief! "Killer" Katie is at it again! I feel like I am going through boot camp! :heehee: She had time to think over the weekend, and that always means more exercise and importance on getting that darned muscle strengthened! If I could will it to stay in place, I would!
I am there from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 pm, and I am busting my butt! My knee never swells or gets sore from the exercises, but my body does! I watch all these people come in and they "might" be on the bike for a few minutes or some specific exercise for the affected body part, and the next thing I know, they are getting their treatment, ultrasound, and ice, and are gone! Not me... I guess I should be the official greeter as long as I spend there! :heehee:
 
You are just special Sonja. I am sure the extra time she has you doing things is because she wants to supervise you to make sure you don't hurt yourself. Hmmm, you hurt yourself now that is just silly....LOL You have a good therapist Sonja.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom