Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I am feeling great actually! We have been in a cabin in Ruidoso NM for the past 4 days and we are driving home tomorrow. It has been so peaceful here and COOL! A break from the TX heat.
 
Oh Just,

I am such an angel that I will let you borrow my wings! (Of course I will have to keep the remote control that controls the speed that they flutter, but you can trust me; well unless I happen to strike up a conversation with the ambulance and fire dept.guys! :cocktail: :wink: :rotfl: Then I might "forget". That I have the remote!

"Trust me" she says! I say, ":rotfl: " !
 
Thought I would add a link to the new knee. My revision knee is called the Smith and Nephew Legion HK and it has literally saved my butt several times!:happydance:

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Well Katie and I had quite a day! Tomorrow morning, I get to do it all over again! Katie had turned me over to the aides because I was progressing so well! After last Friday, I don't know what happened, but the muscle has become weaker instead of stronger, so Katie is back to being my shadow! She supervises everything I do, and she now has me doing the Alter-G last instead of first, and boy do I get tired! :groan: But, soon I will be dancing again because of Katie, so I really appreciate her....I just like to give her a hard time! :happydance: :rotfl:
 
Judy, the Alter-G is an anti-gravity treadmill that will take up to 80% of your body weight off your joints. I am taking 55% off right now and walking at 3 mph for 15 minutes! :happydance:
 
It sounds fascinating; I looked it up. I wonder if it's used for people with spinal injuries. (I also wonder if Judy aka Bottomshollow's husband might benefit from this, if you were to suggest it...)
 
Well, when I get back to my computer, I will upload a photo of me using the alter-g and then I will send a message to Judy! They might have one in her neck of the woods! :)
 
Hello all,

Just a quick note. We received more bad news today. My Uncle Jim, on mom's side the BIL, has 18% use left of his heart. They are sending him home to die. My Mom's brother who has been diagnosed w smooth muscle sarcoma said he would not have know if they had not picked it upon his annual physical. They did a chest x-ray and found it, and then a scan and found out the cancer was throughout his body. Please keep all of our family in your thoughts and prayers! It is difficult right now! :cry:
 
Yes, Mom is spending the weekend with us and then I will drive to her house on Tuesday to chat. I have my IS doctor appointment on Wednesday, so I will see the doctor and then eat lunch with Mom, and hit the road for home.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! It is a very trying time right now. I imagine that I will be going with her to Little Rock for a funeral pretty soon. Uncle Jim is on dialysis also and that is failing as well.
 
Sonja, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
 
Hi Sonja, such a sad time for your family. Strength and prayers winging your way. God bless.
 
Sonja, I am so sorry for all of your bad news. My thoughts and pRayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
 
I am so sorry Sonja, dealing with family with heart problems is so hard. My BIL only has 10% function of his heart and is at stage 4 kidney failure. It is his birthday today too, 63 I think. So much for my sister to have to deal with. He will have surgery later this week to get another port for home dialysis put in his stomach. He will have 3 tubes surgically implanted in his body then.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom