Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Cool! I'm planning on being there around 2p, so get your nap in.

I'm SO glad all is going well for you!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Don't forget to take a picture! :thumb:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Hi Sonja, I am a little bit behind but just so EXCITED to read how well you are doing. Unfortunately you are a pro now at TKR! You know the routine and know how to recover and you will know when it is time to return home. I am so jealous that PooShay is coming to visit you! We are all in Texas, but as you know Texas is huge and I am way down here in Houston, I have a friend up in Frisco and have driven through there on my way to run the Dallas or Oklahoma City Marathons. So close but so far away!

Keep up the good work I am so happy for you!
P.S. I love the new picture with your dogs!
:doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze::doggieshmooze:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Pooshay and I had a wonderful visit yesterday! She is so kind and her husband was very nice also.:biggrin: I have tried to attach a picture but we will have to wait for Pooshay. My ipad is ornerny tonight, or the drugs are confusing my mind!:th_heehee: Pooshay looks wonderful, I look like I am in the hospital, oh wait I am!:hysterical:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

There you are, Sonja! I didn't have a chance to get on my laptop earlier today, but here's the picture. I totally enjoyed our talk (yes, we actually took turn talking!).

Sonja in person is just like BoneSmart Sonja!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    Sonja-Shay.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 355
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

There you are, Sonja! I didn't have a chance to get on my laptop earlier today, but here's the picture. I totally enjoyed our talk (yes, we actually took turn talking!).

Sonja in person is just like BoneSmart Sonja!

Cool!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Sonja,

For such a short period of time you are looking great. I hope you feelhalf as good as you look. Sure looks like you and Pooshay had a great meeting, hope she is doing well also.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Hello Everyone!:biggrin:

I am so glad that PooShay visited yesterday instead of today, because I had a big setback last night!

I was using my walker like a "good girl" when I went to the restroom but as I was leaving the restroom, the plastic covers that seal around my incision caught my eye. I picked them up, and forgot to take the walker with me.

The next thing I knew, my right leg "popped" and I grabbed for the foot of the bed. After knocking off the machine, I was able to catch the bed with my other hand. I have been in horrible pain since then. They are alternating 2 norco 10's, with 2 Percocets every two hours. I am loopy :rolleyespink:but the pain is down some.

Dr. Maale wants to see me tomorrow. They did x-rays so we will know more then.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Oh dear Sonja, I do hope that your pain goes down and that you are able to sleep. Hopefully everything turns out alright when they get those exrays. Hang in there.:friends:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Noooo!!! Sonja! Oh dear, I hope you can get comfortable again and that nothing was damaged!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Sonja, I'll be praying that Dr. Maale says things are fine and you just need a bit of a rest to get back where you were.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Thanks everyone,

I had already reached 89 ROM as of yesterday, 6 days after surgery and I was on top of the world. Today I was at 65 and the PT heard the "pop" just like I did when I was trying to get my leg on the table.

God is in control, and it will be ok, but I am still nervous.:wink1:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Sonja,
It has taken me 2 evenings to sit and read every single one of the posts from all your threads- though you and I had posted a little back and forth a few months ago-I remembered how compassionate you were. I just had to go back and "get to know you better".
I'll tell you what ...I pray there comes a day when you get a chance to be on like Dr. Oz or something...you are an inspiration-especially with all the battles lost and the wars (MRSA) that you have Won.
I remember slipping and my right leg (RTKR) just buckling underneath me at the hospital, if it wasn't for my husband-he just caught my whole body- I was going down for the count- I hurt soooo bad. They quickly did xrays and then next day a doppler on me. Is that what they are doing for you?
Sending blessing your way.
Nancy
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

Oh, Sonja! I'm so sorry for the pop sand the pain. Let's hope it's nothing serious. Hope too that you'll sleep.

Hugs.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

You two ladies look absolutely great. Pooshay you are just as I imagined you to be, and Sonja you look positively brilliant for the time after the op!!

Fingers crossed for today, and hope you haven't done any damage and that with rest things will get back to where you were. Stay your usual cheery self, and God will do the rest.

Love as always xxx:friends:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

(((Sonja)))
 
Re: The Story of My Knees - Part 2 by Res - Part 2

How are things now? Sending you healing thoughts x
 
Back
Top Bottom