Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well, at the rate we are going, MG and Judy will have all the fun, while we sit on the sidelines! :whistle:
 
Not true. I have every confidence you girls will both be ski-ready in plenty of time. I'm sending tons of happy & healing thoughts for both of you.
 
BJ & Sonja,

Oooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about your knee cap and twisted knee.

I agree w BJ, Can this recovery please just hurry up? I want to get to the part where I can enjoy my knees rather than endur them. The whole summer will be gone soon and I have nothing to show for it, except a few more wrinkles from lack of sleep.

ChrisO
 
Well, everyone,

I have spent most of. Yesterday in bed and am doing the same today. I have been having issues when I eat anything, it doesn't stay down. Last weekend we thought maybe it was the stomach bug. Well, if I don't eat, I am fine. If I eat then I'm not. I am not trying this as a new type of diet or anything either. :wink: This morning, my sinuses decided to get in on the act and I have one heck of a headache. I am looking for better times, as I had to miss Church this morning, and that's one thing I never want to do!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja, that you are laid up with tummy troubles. All the meds you've had here lately cannot be helping your digestive system. And I know you want to lose more weight, but not this way, of course. And then a sinus headache to boot!
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
It's enough to make you bonkers! But maybe we'll get a rest from your diabolical plans for the skiing trip
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
. Please take care of yourself. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Judy, you might get a little reprieve, but don't expect it to last long! :rotfl: I am up typing the finishing touches on two more papers, and then maybe more inspiration will strike, before another run to the bathroom! :groan:
 
Sonja,
So sorry to hear you are not feeling to well. Hang in there girl, and please call your PDoc tomorrow and get soemthing to help you. We sure need your humor around here. Take care of yourself and rest, it can't hurt.
 
Thanks Rose. I will call I guess because I am overdue for my annual EGD. Since they found precancerous polyps in the stomach last year, I am supposed to have an endoscopy every year. :whistle: Just something else on my list of attend to! :doh:
 
Well of course I am! Do you think I would actually wait it out? I have a long to do list tomorrow, but my stomach will remind me all night! I'm sure I can make room for that call! :heehee:
 
Oh kiddo I'm so sorry for you!

I know exactly how you feel. You may need all those tests I had in th ER when I was at my worse. I think you should see your PCP not just call. Take your med list with you! What if this is really bad gastritis or worse an ulcer. Your body has seen enough stress for this to be a possibility.

In the mean time...TUMS, chewing on ice and Zofran (sometimes double doses) helped me cope. When I was able to eat I ate bananas, yogurt and milk. I found that if I smelled like plastic I was getting dehydrated and burning off my own muscle and fat ( ketosis) when this happened I drank a glass of strawberry fruit drink. Stay away from citrus drinks, ouch they hurt the tummy!

The ER gave me reglan to help make things go in the right direction. PCP suggested Gavascone. I didn't like either of these as the caused abdominal cramps and diarrhea.

Go see your PCP tomorrow, PLEASE to rule out Ulcer. 'K?

ChrisO
 
Well Chris, did you see the picture of my tummy last year! Were you one of my nurses! :) In addition to the colon polyps, I had an ulcer. Interesting, how nurses always seem to figure things out. My mother is on a 10 day Alaskan Cruise, so she isn't here dxing me! :heehee:
The trouble is the internal medicine doctor that I put my faith in lives near Mom. My PCP would recommend one that I will never go back to as long as I live. So, I may have to wait a few days, but it is worth the wait! :yahoo:

I will try the bananas and yogurt and doubling up on Zofran. After all, it won't hurt me to lose weight anyway.
 
Oh, by the way, I did get in touch with Dr. Coates this morning, and they are skipping the office visit and heading straight to the EGD procedure. They are calling me back as soon as they can fit me in, so I will keep everyone in the loop!
 
Sonja,
I am really glad you got in touch with your Dr. today. Hope you are feeling better. Please keep us up to date on what is going on. We really do care so much about you.
 
Thanks Everyone! Right now I am running on empty! I can't keep anything down, and I have no energy.

The plus side is I went to PT today and my knee as bad as it has been it dislocating at the kneecap, measured 107 ROM! :happydance:
Some people will say 12 weeks out and you are celebrating 107? You bet I am! We haven't been able to do heel slides for 2and1/2 weeks because the knee cap was so unstable! Today is the first day that the weak muscle on the right side did tracking without the brace for heel slides! :yahoo: I am getting stronger in my physical body all around. It is time for this stomach mess to be resolved! I walked for 20 minutes at 3 mph on the treadmill today! :bicycle1:

God is so good to me!
 
Sonja,
I am really glad you got in touch with your Dr. today. Hope you are feeling better. Please keep us up to date on what is going on. We really do care so much about you.

Thank you so much for caring! There are so many wonderful people on this forum! I am so humbled when I think of what so many go through compared to what I have. I realize that my problems are trivial! :friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom