Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well.....

An update.... First I missed saying Happy 5th Birthday to my left knee because it has become "the forgotten one!" So left knee... Happy happy Birthday, and many more to come!:wowspring::happydance:

Now for my rascally right knee... I see Dr. Maale on Thursday to find out why it has gave way twice on me. Stephanie is pretty sure it's because the kneecap has become trapped by scar tissue. She broke some up today and the kneecap moved into a more natural position, but she still wants me to check w Dr. Maale to be sure!:loveshwr:
 
Well, I saw Dr. Maale and he did a hip to foot X-ray to check for alignment. He was very excited about that, plus he said my knee looked great!

Then...... He dropped a bombshell on me!:scare: I now have 2 fractured metatarsals instead of one that was healing on its on!

He asked, what is your pain level, and I said, "Zero!" I told him I had no idea that I had broken any more bones!:scary:

So, I am seeing Dr. Early's PA today, because Dr. Early is out of the office. and will see Dr. Early on the 21st of April.
 
I miss checking your thread for a little while and I see you have been in the hospital for your heart and have newly discovered broken bones. :yikes: Take care.
 
I miss checking your thread for a little while and I see you have been in the hospital for your heart and have newly discovered broken bones. :yikes: Take care.

Yes yes,

When people start "ignoring" me:wink:. Mischievous Sonjs kicks in and becomes quite a rascal to get attention!:rotfl::rotfl:
 
Hello Everyone! Sorry that i have been off for so long but my knee is doing FANTASTIC! My knee and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary together on May 7th, and even though the road has been long, the results are out of this world! I am doing more advanced yoga, w a lot fewer modificaions. I am running up stairs and starting to be confident enough to jog down them w out holding on to the handrails! Abby put me on the treadmill the other day and my knee LOVED it!

I have been so blessed to have found a trainer like Abby who pushes me, 2 massage therapists, Stephanie, and when she moved; Becca who did not give up on breaking up the scar tissue around the knee.

I am traveling, working on a business plan, and will start writing a book in the near future.

I hope that my thread is bringing people hope, help, laughter, and comfort!

"Life is too Short to Sit on the Sidelines, so I'm back in the game!":loveshwr::happydance::happydance:
 
Thanks so much for coming back!!!
I hope that my thread is bringing people hope, help, laughter, and comfort!
Yes, you most certainly did!!!
That is a great report---and I appreciate your return, as you have helped many others understand what the future holds for them---those who are in the middle of the "Dark Days of Recovery" or who are dealing with those pesky little issues---you have shown them that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel and what the future will hold for them!
"Life is too Short to Sit on the Sidelines, so I'm back in the game!":loveshwr::happydance::happydance:
What a great motto!!!:thumb::thumb::wow:
 
Wonderful to see you back, and doing so well :wowspring::wowspring:
You are and have given hope to many on the forum, what a great post!
Thanks for coming back and updating all of us on your progress.
:hiking::swim::tennis::tennis2::walking::bicycle1:
 
Two broken bones!!! and why did the knee give out on you???? Maybe it was the foot? Sonja, you are just having too much fun.
 
Good to see you back, Sonja! I've missed you.

I hope the broken bones in your foot are healing well.
:friends:
 
I thought you may have had a bungee mishap which is why you did a wee disappearing act! Here I was picturing high up in a tree bouncing up and down with wind moving you to and fro!! I felt so bad for you...:rotfl:!!!

Great to see you back and congrats on your 3rd with the knee anniversary. My 3rd anni is two days after yours, only its not a happy occasion this year...lol!
 
Two broken bones!!! and why did the knee give out on you???? Maybe it was the foot? Sonja, you are just having too much fun.

The two broken bones are healing on their own! :loveshwr: You are right, the foot gave out causing me problems, but oddly, not pain! LOL.

My life is taking a new direction and I am so blessed! I will be updating in future posts as it unfolds!:)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom