• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Well tomorrow is my 6 mile test! Abby said we will complete it in under 2 hours!:scare: Remember, last week I did 5 miles in 1 hour and 59 minutes! Well, Abby said "We can do it at 3 mph." This is an "easy" day! LOL

Here is a new picture of me doing planks outside! You can use this position to get up, or slowly drop one leg, and turn over. It works quite well! :happydance:

image.jpg

Pumpkln

Country
Great article, wonderful of you to go public in your area. It will help someone there to start eating better and exercising.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
@Pumpkln,

I hope so. That's why I did the article. I remember the way I felt at 435, and my hope is that others can benefit from knowing that there is hope!

Country
@RestAssured
Dear Sonja,
We all knew what an inspiration you have been to us :) Now, everyone else can hear
Your message of Hope, Determination, Living life to the fullest :happydance:
I have a tear in my eye, I am so proud of you :friends:Wonderful article.
Keep on keeping On.....keep your eye on the prize,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr: Your # 1 Cheerleader :yay:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Went and volunteered at my first joint class today! Met a man who THOUGHT he was more stubborn than me!:rotfl:
He asked for a pan because he was sure he was going to be sick, and then told us his pain was at an 8!

I looked at him, smiled and said, I have been through 2 knee replacements, a revision and I remember pain. I believe you are trying to get out of walking or doing the simple exercises we have for you!! He winked and said, "Well, I guess I can't get away with anything w you!" His wife said he refused to do anything for her. I explained to him that the more mobile he becomes, the sooner he leaves us!:yahoo:

That got him to trying! LOL

Minnie's knees

post-grad
Country
@RestAssured stopping by to catch up with your thread. Congrats on the interview! It could really help so many people. You never know who it will touch and encourages. So proud of you for helping others. Your accomplishments are awesome and inspiring. I am on day 6 of my recovery and catching up on threads when I can't sleep.

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
@Minnie's knees,

Thank you for the compliment! I love helping others now that I have gotten so far along in my journey! I may stumble, but Abby is there to kick my butt, and encourage me to continue! I have a lot of people who are encouraging me, standing with me, and cheering me on, but only Abby has taken to the task of power walking the 1/2 marathon with me. I have even started wogging, which is a cross between a walk and a jog, but it is low impact on the knees!

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
I didn't know that @Roy Gardiner! I will call it walk/ jog from now on. That is what it's called in the US though. Strange huh?!

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Ok, well I experienced what a 13 minute mile pace felt like today! My tongue was hanging out, well not literally, but I thought my lungs would burst! Now that we have achieved the pacing, comes the conditioning to sustain it for 9+ miles!:yahoo: I imagine, Abby will insist the full 13 miles! :heehee:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Yes, yes! :happydance:

Abby had me on the elliptical for 40 minutes today, and the first 30 were rather pleasant (in term's of Abby speed! :rotfl:). All of the sudden she said, "OK, rev it up and I want you to push yourself for the last 10 minutes!":scare:

I was at 2 miles at that time, and she said " work to get to three!" Well I was moving as you can imagine, but not fast enough! She said "sprint!" Then the words that struck fear into me....

If you don't reach 3 miles at the end of this, we will add another mile! I never knew my legs could move so fast! I did it! I got 3 miles in 40 minutes!:happydance:

The last, when I was the most tired... In 10! :running:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Well yesterday I power walked 8 miles in 3 hours and 15 minutes!:happydance: I wasn't out of breath, so I am trying to figure out how to speed up even more without sacrificing my knees in the process. Longer strides are helping! I walked the Desert Dash 5K with my friend Patsy today. It took me 1 hour and 4 minutes.

Life just keeps getting sweeter! The Hoka running shoes have made a tremendous difference in the way I feel! I started wearing them this week, after wearing out my Brooks. I stopped 3 times w the Brooks when I did 7 miles and was gasping for breath most of the time.

I power walked 8 miles, stopped 0 times and cut my overall time by 10 minutes. We paused the time each time I stopped last week, so it would be accurate! :yes!::loveshwr: shoes 5K

In the first picture is my personal trainer Abby and me, and the second picture is my friend Patsy and me!

We had to layer our clothing today as the wind made it cold for "us Southern gals!":rotfl:

Attachments

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Well everyone,

I have hit a wall! I am struggling to pick up speed for the marathon, and my right foot likes to turn out when I get tired! That in turn gets the IT band to firing and pain shoots through my body!:scaredycat:

I wish I knew of a way to know when the rascally foot turned out instead of finding out with messages from the IT band! My trainers tell me, but I want my mind to recognize when something isn't right. The brain is not making a connection with the foot; but it sure makes a connection when the pain hits!:gaah:

Any suggestions at this point would be great! Looking down at my foot won't work :bignono: because I will be among 25,000 people in January, so I have to look ahead of me.

The knee is a trooper, the IT band isn't!:groan:

Pumpkln

Country
Figure our how far you walk before this happens and be mindful then.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Donnyj
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom