• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Well all systems are "go" for tomorrow!:happydance: Abby and I will be meeting with the Newspaper in the afternoon, after Kim and I practice marathon walking in the morning! Abby said, wear workout clothes in case they want to take pictures of things you can do now!:thud:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Oh I am taking it easier than usual! I am working on walking speed, and distance! It is amazing how far I can go now without being out of breath! Before, I had no idea why I was gasping for air!

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Yes, I am getting ready! I know Bonnie can just show up and "zip" right along, but I have to work on getting my speed up! I am getting there though! Friday is my first big test for speed; how fast can I walk 2 miles! :walking:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
It took me 41 minutes to walk 2 miles today! I have a lot of work to do to get that time down! My goal for this week is to shave 3 minutes off by next Friday! I want to get to 15:00 minute miles by November, so I am aiming for 18:00 next week, 17:00 the following week, and then 16:00. By then, I should be ready to do a 15:00 minute mile when Abby returns to training with me. She had surgery, and can't exercise for a month.
Kim is my trainer for now, and she is up to the task! She has been at Mission Fitness for 2 years and has watched my transformation. Well, last month, she got her Personal Trainer's license and immediately stepped in and started helping me! I am very fortunate to have two wonderful young ladies to push me to do my best! Kim doesn't let me get away with anything either! LOL:rotfl: Not that I would try.:wink:

The newspaper decided to cancel the article because I couldn't do it this week. Then they changed their mind so Abby and I will talk with them Tues morning, and I guess they will take pictures of me walking with Kim. I am confused, but oh well.:umm:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Well, I did my newspaper interview! I must say that I mentioned BoneSmart several times and so I hope that Jared puts that in the article! I found out I had him when he was in 7th grade! I recognized him; he did not recognize me until I told him my maiden name! LOL:rotfl:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
I am already ahead of schedule in my training!:happydance: I walked 2 miles in 35 minutes today! I cut 6 minutes off the previous time, and I felt great.:yes!: My right foot aches from walking: after being in a boot for 12 weeks the muscles are a little weak, but they are getting better! I am going to be ready to walk/wog the 13.1 miles in January without any problem!:cool::egypdance:

Shortie

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Wow. Fantastic. Soooooo speedy! Well done - I wish I had some pom poms if I did I would do a cheerleading chant / dance for you!

Here is a virtual one!

GIVE US A "S" - S
GIVE US AN "O" - O
GIVE US A "N" - N
GIVE US A "J" - J
GIVE US AN "A" - A

what have we got???

SONJA - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SONJA!!!!!! - waves imaginary Pom poms!!

Shortie x

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Thanks so much @Shortie! Tomorrow, we go on a 5 mile walk. If I survive that, I'll come back and report again! :heehee:

My right foot is getting better all the time! Stretching it before and after walking is helping the ligaments get back into shape after 12 weeks in a boot! I am starting to feel "like myself" again, so watch out!:rotfl:

Country
@RestAssured
Hi Sonya :wave:
You are doing great on your training :walking:Please post when your article comes out, I
Wouldn't want too miss it :)
Stay out of the mud & keep on keeping On :happydance:
You Look AMAZING :wowspring:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Thanks at @new knee in June!

Kim and I walked 5 miles today in 1 hour and 59 minutes. :cool: Not bad for first 5 mile walk! We kept up an average pace of 2.5 mph so not too bad.

On Monday, Abby will be taking over the program again. Kim will fill in when Abby isn't available and Kim is going to do a couple of 5 K's with me before January as tune ups!:happydance::walking:

I forgot to mention that every one of my muscles are screaming at me right now! I hadn't walked 5 miles in 28 years at one time! My body is reminding me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
You had me going there for a while until I figured out you meant 5 miles in 1 hour 59 minutes not 5 miles in 1 minute 59 seconds.:running:

karmigirl

post-grad
I am with Jamie I sat here staring at that time a few minutes before I finally figured it out.
I thought we had the new Bionic Woman on the board now. But it still was a great time.

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Well, I took a nap and I feel great again! I know next week Abby will return and that I will have to complete 6 miles in less than 2 hours! I can do it.... I can do it..... Hmmmm.......:running::snork:

I must say that my knees are behaving beautifully! :0)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Km3453
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom