Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well all systems are "go" for tomorrow!:happydance: Abby and I will be meeting with the Newspaper in the afternoon, after Kim and I practice marathon walking in the morning! Abby said, wear workout clothes in case they want to take pictures of things you can do now!:thud:
 
Take care of yourself, Sonja.
 
Oh I am taking it easier than usual! I am working on walking speed, and distance! It is amazing how far I can go now without being out of breath! Before, I had no idea why I was gasping for air!
 
Yes, I am getting ready! I know Bonnie can just show up and "zip" right along, but I have to work on getting my speed up! I am getting there though! Friday is my first big test for speed; how fast can I walk 2 miles! :walking:
 
Well the newspaper is waiting until they can take pictures of me training for the 1/2 marathon, so it will be next week. In the meantime, here are before and today pictures taken! :egypdance:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
:happydance:
 
It took me 41 minutes to walk 2 miles today! I have a lot of work to do to get that time down! My goal for this week is to shave 3 minutes off by next Friday! I want to get to 15:00 minute miles by November, so I am aiming for 18:00 next week, 17:00 the following week, and then 16:00. By then, I should be ready to do a 15:00 minute mile when Abby returns to training with me. She had surgery, and can't exercise for a month.
Kim is my trainer for now, and she is up to the task! She has been at Mission Fitness for 2 years and has watched my transformation. Well, last month, she got her Personal Trainer's license and immediately stepped in and started helping me! I am very fortunate to have two wonderful young ladies to push me to do my best! Kim doesn't let me get away with anything either! LOL:rotfl: Not that I would try.:wink:

The newspaper decided to cancel the article because I couldn't do it this week. Then they changed their mind so Abby and I will talk with them Tues morning, and I guess they will take pictures of me walking with Kim. I am confused, but oh well.:umm:
 
Well, I did my newspaper interview! I must say that I mentioned BoneSmart several times and so I hope that Jared puts that in the article! I found out I had him when he was in 7th grade! I recognized him; he did not recognize me until I told him my maiden name! LOL:rotfl:
 
I am already ahead of schedule in my training!:happydance: I walked 2 miles in 35 minutes today! I cut 6 minutes off the previous time, and I felt great.:yes!: My right foot aches from walking: after being in a boot for 12 weeks the muscles are a little weak, but they are getting better! I am going to be ready to walk/wog the 13.1 miles in January without any problem!:cool::egypdance:
 
Wow. Fantastic. Soooooo speedy! Well done - I wish I had some pom poms if I did I would do a cheerleading chant / dance for you!

Here is a virtual one!

GIVE US A "S" - S
GIVE US AN "O" - O
GIVE US A "N" - N
GIVE US A "J" - J
GIVE US AN "A" - A

what have we got???

SONJA - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SONJA!!!!!! - waves imaginary Pom poms!!


Shortie x
 
Thanks so much @Shortie! Tomorrow, we go on a 5 mile walk. If I survive that, I'll come back and report again! :heehee:

My right foot is getting better all the time! Stretching it before and after walking is helping the ligaments get back into shape after 12 weeks in a boot! I am starting to feel "like myself" again, so watch out!:rotfl:
 
@RestAssured
Hi Sonya :wave:
You are doing great on your training :walking:Please post when your article comes out, I
Wouldn't want too miss it :)
Stay out of the mud & keep on keeping On :happydance:
You Look AMAZING :wowspring:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Thanks at @new knee in June!

Kim and I walked 5 miles today in 1 hour and 59 minutes. :cool: Not bad for first 5 mile walk! We kept up an average pace of 2.5 mph so not too bad.

On Monday, Abby will be taking over the program again. Kim will fill in when Abby isn't available and Kim is going to do a couple of 5 K's with me before January as tune ups!:happydance::walking:

I forgot to mention that every one of my muscles are screaming at me right now! I hadn't walked 5 miles in 28 years at one time! My body is reminding me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You had me going there for a while until I figured out you meant 5 miles in 1 hour 59 minutes not 5 miles in 1 minute 59 seconds.:running:
 
I am with Jamie I sat here staring at that time a few minutes before I finally figured it out.
I thought we had the new Bionic Woman on the board now. But it still was a great time.
 
Well, I took a nap and I feel great again! I know next week Abby will return and that I will have to complete 6 miles in less than 2 hours! I can do it.... I can do it..... Hmmmm.......:running::snork:

I must say that my knees are behaving beautifully! :0)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom