Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Jamie yes I am going to the Mayo clinic July 10th to see Dr. Simms. I will ask him about that, thanks! Very interesting link about infections. I do have to have some dental work done before the knees. ugh. There is so much to learn here, and so many helpful people.
:thankyou:

KayeKaye, I was planning on heading for Minnesota if they couldn't get my MRSA infections under control. They have specialists there who are tops in their field when it comes to infections! The Mayo Clinic uses a team approach much like Dr. Maale if you have never been there. I went to Scottsdale AZ and spent a week seeing different specialists at the Mayo Clinic. They will run a lot of tests and you will be tired! But it is worth it! You don't want any chance of getting an infection in your knee! Trust me. :)
 
Sonja. I'm SO happy that you got the all-clear from Dr. M! And how fortunate for you to be working still with Killer Katie! She will help you tremendously. I know you're going to push your recovery, but I hope it's not by my much.


Talk to you someday soon.

Me? Push my recovery? Hmmmm.... Katie and I have a pretty good idea of what I can and can't do yet. What is exciting to me is, I get to start back on the anti-gravity treadmill Monday! :yahoo: :yahoo:
 
Hello Everyone! :yahoo:

I am feeling so great! My crutches have taken a vacation in the living room. :wink:

When I go somewhere, I will take them, but I am finding out I am needing them less and less. My knee does not hurt, so the pain pills are in drawer. The immobilizer brace is now "visiting" :heehee: the other braces out in the garage. I think I should open a brace, walker, shower chair, ice compressor machine, crutches, shop in the near future! :)

Yes, I know there will still be bumps in the road .... Katie and I are going to get serious on Monday, but you know what? Dr. Maale said I was ready! To see the grin from ear to ear on his face was priceless!

Jo, you know he isn't the type to dish out compliments, but he told me this was the best he had ever seen me! Physically, emotionally and he knows nothing will hold me back! He showed me the x-rays and said the knee is perfect! He could not have hoped for a better outcome! Natalie I need you to contact me! :0)
Josephine. NatalieMeadows
 
Well, it's been a long old road, Sonja, but you made it through! God be praised, you made it through!
 
Yes Jo, now I am hoping Natalie will contact me! I have some news for her! :)
 
Congratulations Sonja!
I am so happy for you! You have been thru alot and I'm glad you are coming out of the other side. I am happy that your pain meds are in the drawer. You must have a motherload of medical equipment, braces, etc! I wonder if you can donate some of that stuff to charity. Pretty soon they are going to take you away from your favorite machine and put you to work with gravity! Keep up the positive posts!
Sandy
 
I have donated some stuff already and I have 3 polar ice machines that I can't use because they contain latex! The only one I can use is the last one I was given. I need to take a picture of it so those with latex allergy rise will have that option!
 
You could consider putting them on Ebay. that is where I got my Polar ice machine!
 
That's a great idea, or just offering them to people. I will have to check out my options.
 
Sonja....bet you never thought you'd hear this from me, but....full steam ahead, girl. You've earned the right to "git along little dogie" down that recovery road!!! This is the best news ever.

 
Yes Jamie,

I knew there would come a day, but not even I could have predicted this wonderful recovery! Katie says she is not surprised becaused I worked so hard to get there!
 
Congrats! God is Good!

KayeKaye, God is great! i am so thankful that He has been there every step of the way in the good times and the bad. We are never promised a smooth road, and no matter what I will remain faithful! He is my everything! Without Him, for me there is no hope, with Him there is boundless hope!:happydance:
 
Wow, today is my 6 th wedding anniversary and both Pat and I forgot! :spin:

With our lives spinning around this knee replacement, I guess we just forgot! He had to leave to work on an automation project this afternoon, and he is staying at Mom's. When I got the text from my sister this evening, my jaw dropped! I cannot believe June is nearly over! I called Pat and he said we can celebrate when he returns Tuesday, or Wednesday. :)
 
Amen! Well happy anniversary anyway, our anniversary is on the 10th of July the same day we are going to Mayo clinic. We will make the best of it. Funny how the knees overshadow the events of daily life isn't it.
 
Congrats on 6 years. Its our 36th tomorrow, 26 June. Yes I was married young at 20.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SONJA and wishing you many, many more.
 
Happy 6th anniversary Sonja, and glad you BOTH forgot, you can laugh about that then!:whistle:

Enjoy a celebration what you do, and you can factor in the great news about your knee so a double celebration.:happydance:

Take care and have fun!! :friends:
 
Congrats on 6 years. Its our 36th tomorrow, 26 June. Yes I was married young at 20.

Hello, well, both of us waited til later in life to get married! It is the first marriage for both of us; I was 41 and he was 38 when we got married. He still enjoys telling everyone that I "robbed the cradle" :rotfl: :heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom