Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Thanks Everyone for the "complIments" about my knee! :0). Dr. Maale was able to cut out the old scar and use the lose skin from weight loss and pull it together. When it has finished healing I will post a picture of before and after surgery! As I read through the stories on this forum, I realize how truly blessed I am! I will be finishing the iv antibiotics on Tuesday after 6 weeks, and on Thursday will have the pic line removed as well as hopefully hearing, " you don't have to wear the immobizer anymore!

Pain is practically non-existent most of the time unless I try to drive for a long period of time.
 
Hello Everyone!:)

Let me let you in on a little secret that my knee told me.... it is too soon to be painting right now! LOL:heehee:

Oh well, I am going to do what I am going to do, so the knee just better keep up!:wink:
I have learned that I am doing so well and feeling so good with this knee that if I have to take a pain pill once in a while to settle it down so be it! I don't remember the last time I felt as stable on my knees as i do now, so it is hard to hold myself down:yes!:

God has been so good to me, and I am ready for bigger and better things in the near future. Look out world, here I come!:tada:
 
Sonja (she said sternly), I want you to listen to me.

You are just barely over a month out from your second revision (actually just 40 days!). You were fortunate enough to have Dr. Maale available to do this surgery for you. He is counting on you to practice common sense in recovery and follow his rules to the letter. God may have been good to you, but YOU are not being good to yourself if you are trying to do things like painting at this early stage of recovery. Please don't risk all that you have accomplished by such foolish things. The idea that your knee has to "keep up" with you is something you KNOW is wrong. You need to be catering to your knee.....not the other way around. When you get one of those "ideas" about doing something, ask yourself, "WWDMD?" (What Would Dr. Maale Do?)

This is said with love and concern for your wellbeing, hon.....please allow yourself the recovery time that you need.
 
Jamie,

When you bring up what would Dr. Maale do, you give me the shivers!:scary:My idea was not to be a hero or anything, simply I knew that I was tired of seeing an unfinished guest bathroom. :gaah: My Mom finished painting it, and the toilet that my husband and bro in law were supposed to install is sitting in the back of the Armada as I type. If I truly didn't care about my knee, I would unload that sucker and install it myself so Mom didn't have to use the utility room all the time. There comes a time when you get so frustrated with the way things are and it comes time to make changes.:wink: Yes, I realize I am 40 days out, but this is the best I have ever felt! The pain is gone from the overdoing it again, and I will see Dr. Maale on Thrusday. I am hoping that he will d/c the pic line and the immobilizer brace that I have to wear in PT.


Yes, I know, the knee is in charge, and I don't take offense to anything that you have said.:)
 
Hello to Everyone!:)

I will be taking a break from Bonesmart for a few days. I have some other matters that I need to work on. I just wanted to let you know that I am not dropping off the face off the earth!
I have some things that I must take care of and after that is completed I will return.

I wish everyone continued success in their recovery!:)
 
Sounds like you have it together, Sonja. (((((HUGS)))))

Do be honest with Dr. Maale when you see him, though. If nothing else...he needs the feedback to hear that you DID do the activity and things are fine afterwards. Your feedback helps him learn and evaluate how well his surgery has worked for you.

I am so proud of the fact that you are doing so well, even if you are a pistol sometimes...:heehee:...I still love ya!
 
We'll miss you while you're gone.:sad: And be looking for your first post after you get back.:) Take care of yourself. We care.
 
Thanks Jamie and Judy!:)

I have some major decisions to make over the next two days and then on Wednesday I will be flying to Dallas.:yahoo: The tendon in the calf is hurting like the dickens after PT today! Killer Katie was getting me to stretch it and it kept going into spasms. I guess I am not as far along as I thought. That's ok, I will just keep on trucking during PT!:yahoo: I didn't take a pain pill because I drove myself there and used my crutches to get in and to the table and then I put on the immobilizer brace. I didn't have anyone to drive me and I have been driving.

The other issues I am working on call for much prayer and soul searching. I will be back on Wednesday night or Thursday when I have made a decision!:ok:
 
Sonja, good luck with all and a good trip. Take it easy and take good care of yourself. Looking forward to hearing an update when you get back.
 
Quick update! My husband and bro- in- law installed the toilet in the guest bathroom! :happydance: :happydance:

Now Mom won't have to use the half bath across the house anymore! :yay:
 
And the crowd goes wild with applause!!!!
 
Hi Sonja, got locked out after the web change but now back, to find you are going, but just want to say that we will miss you and I will be looking out for you when you feel you can post again. Love for now, x:friends:
 
Well Hello Everyone! :happydance:

I got through with my decision quicker than I thought I would! :yahoo: Turns out God takes care of me and sometimes I try to take over! That's when "trouble" starts creeping in. Now I have some news but Jamie and Jo must not know about this! :tada: It was an accident, I promise!! :angel: II am sure Dr. Maale will give me two earfuls Thursday! Today, the nurse came to change out my pic line dressing, and I told her please don't forget the skin protect. She used a new type, and I had to go grocery shopping after she left. Within 5minutes I was clawing at the dressing with one hand and driving with the other. I managed accidentally pull the pic line out. When I called the home health network, they asked me if it was exposed to air and I replied, " does being covered by my shirt sleeve count?" :rotfl:

Luckily I have finished all antibiotics, had all blood drawn that was needed. Dr. Maale likes to have them removed in his office usually though. I just saved him a step.
 
:yikes: Well, Sonja, if anything is going to happen to someone, it's going to happen to you. What makes you so lucky? :heehee: Glad it came out (forgive the word play) okay in the end. Have a good night.:sleep:
 
Sonja,
I am glad it all turned out all OK!! I am sure you will get two earfuls from Dr. Maale on Thursday.
 
:yikes: Well, Sonja, if anything is going to happen to someone, it's going to happen to you. What makes you so lucky? :heehee: Glad it came out (forgive the word play) okay in the end. Have a good night.:sleep:

I don't know what gives me such luck! With Katie reporting that I removed my own stitches, the nurse reporting that I removed my own pic line, and Jamie urging me to report my mischievous deeds like painting when I shouldn't have been :whistle: I think he might just shoot me! :rotfl:

Even though I haven't exactly followed everything I still feel like half a million bucks. I'll let you know when I hit a million! :wink:
 
Sonja,
I am glad it all turned out all OK!! I am sure you will get two earfuls from Dr. Maale on Thursday.

You are probably right! But my mischievous side gets the best of me when I see him, so I will put on my biggest smile, and give him all the information about Natalie! After all, I am going to be one of his greatest success stories, and I want Natalie to experience the pain free life that Dr. Maale has given me! I am not going overboard .... Well .... :whistle:
Not much anyway, but this is the best I have felt in years! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom