Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

One thing I learned today if you are going to try to do a routine anywhere similar to the one I described above, please make sure you have properly fueled your body! I was in the middle of my workout and I lost energy fast. We had to quit. I had taken in about 350 calories for the day. The weird thing is I am having problems remembering to eat. That was something I NEVER had problems with before. I am going to set a timer to make sure that I am eating on a regular schedule!
 
:umm:If only I could forget to eat once in a while! :sigh: I used to be in awesome shape and now I am such a slug!
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
That is quite the routine you have there but awesome! Hope the knee does a turn around (not a literal one...:skep: ) and all that good stuff...gotta have you ready for that bungee jump out of an airplane....:heehee:​
 
Just,

Thank you so much!

By the way people, Valerie was so excited today because this was the first day she did assisted leg lifts with me that the VMO responded! She got the person she was training to come see, and then Felice! By the time it was all said and done, we did a lot of leg lifts so THEY could look at a working VMO! :happydance: :rotfl:
 
My little pedometer showed that I walked 5.7 miles today and burned 2,130 calories! Not bad for a day's work! :happydance:
 
Nice going Sonja! Keep up the good work, and please don't forget to eat, the way you workout they fine you as a puddle on the floor for goodness sakes!:scratch:
 
Jacky48,

Felice has thoroughly chastised me for not eating! :shrug: She will say in the middle of our routine, if I am gasping, "What did you eat today?" Sometimes it is sufficient to get through the workout, and sometimes I am wringing out the last drop of energy I have. I am trying, but today my husband wanted to go to Sonic, a drive in, and get ice cream. Did I order well? No. I thought, hmm a small treat for the hard work! Well I know that Felice MUST :heehee: have called Sonic, because I ordered a Hot Fudge shake and they gave me vanilla! I took a sip and it wasn't worth the calories! :happydance:
 
RestAssured, I had the choice today of going to the gym or a my 8 year old grandniece's birthday...grilled burgers and all the rest. Well, I am stuffed (by far the most I have had to eat since the LTKR). The gym can wait until Monday. Sometimes you just need to party (chased down a pain med w/a Coke...warm, sunny spring afternoon).

As far as making sure you have enough fuel on board for working out, it is as much a matter of timing as anything. If I have not had a meal, a Cliff Bar w/8 oz of skim milk is 320 calories of perfect energy (for me)...plenty for a couple hours in the gym. I have this just before I leave for the gym so it's on board soon after I start. And, it's only 300+ cals.
 
Well the Spring Biggest Loser contest has come to an end. In 8 weeks, I went from 312.8 to 283.4! The goal they set was 281.7 so I wasn't far off! :happydance:

I don't know if our team came out on top or not since the orange members finally started weighing in! We lost 18 pounds as a team this week, and I managed to shed 8 of them! Hard work, sweat and Felice's believing in me and that I can do anything I set my mind to made all the difference! I went out with my hubby for a celebration party! :happydance: He is proud of me and that's what means the most coming from outside. To be proud of my accomplishments is great, but to have someone backing you makes all the difference in the world! :happydance:
 
Very good...glad your husband is supporting your efforts so well. This contest is over, but keep it going and posting your progress. I'm hoping to drop another 25 myself.
 
trailspud,

Don't worry! The best has just begun for me! :happydance: I am ready for the next challenge in August, but in the meantime, I will compete against no one but myself! It is really like that with our Biggest Loser contests,bringing out the best in each other and supporting, encouraging, and motivating each member! I have Fiesty Felice, to keep me in line and to keep pushing me to be the best that I can be! :happydance:
 
Congratulations on your accomplishment, Sonja. You are one of the most dedicated and focused individuals I've ever known and I know this has to feel GREAT!!!
 
Fantastic Sonja (oh shy one :) ). But then I knew you could do it.. Determination personified!

Hugs from down under xx
 
Oh Jamie and Poppet

Thank you! I am on a life changing journey and so many people ask me how I am doing it! Well, there is an alternative and I tried that for 23 years and was sick, depressed, looking to blame everyone else "BUT ME!" I wasn't taking responsibility for my own life, and I was miserable.

I have had people ask me what the turning point was and strangely enough it was MRSA! Being treated like a "leper" every time I was hospitalized made me furious! When Dr. Defee was willing. To do my knee replacements, even though I weighed 435 pounds and had a 50/50 chance of getting an infection, I thought, this Dr. Who has only had one infection in over 2000 knee replacements really cares about me! He treated me with respect and dignity the whole time, and when the second knee was positive for MRSA, he came in the room with tears in his eyes , sat down on the edge of the bed, and held my hand as he told me. His parents came to visit also and hugged me!

Fast forward and from that day on, my determination went into overdrive! I will complete my Master's in December, already have 2 job offers, and I am feeling like a million bucks! I have lost 153 pounds as of now, and will continue until I reach my goal of 160! Life is great and having support from all of the BoneSmarties makes life that much sweeter! :happydance:
 
...In your corner pulling for your every success. I know you want to accomplish more and the momentum you have created should help. If you ever get stuck in a rut, as it's a long road, make sure to lean on us here. In the end, I'm hoping to read the book or watch the movie. Cheers from the Great Northwest.
 
Well, Pat had some great news for me last night! The head of the HR department in Midland wants me to come on board after I graduate in December! Problem is so does the head of the HR dept. in Tulsa! We are trying to decide where we want to live right now, but wherever I end up, I know that I have a high paying job! :happydance:
 
Here is your post from May 16, 2011, part 2 of you saga, post #101.
I am thinking about going back and getting a degree in conflict mediation! It would take 2 years to get my master's, but I think I would be good at something like that!:biggrin:

I was the conflict mediation teacher at the Junior High I taught at so I do have some experience!


:happydance:

I am so proud of you I could burst!!!:egypdance:
 
You go with your bad self, Sonja!!!! You are so inspiring, and I enjoy reading your posts to see what you are going to do next!! Proud of you for losing weight and completing your degree. And starting a great job after you graduate. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it!! Wish I could give you a big ole hug. . .:friends: :yay: :yahoo:
 
Well I am speechless! :wink:

LOL Pumpkln to go back and hunt up ramblings from my past! Wow! Thank you! :friends:

Grammy59, thank you so much! I am loving life and living again! Life is wonderful and I am looking forward to the next chapter! :giggle: :yahoo:

Well, as everyone can tell, my speech has returned! LOL :heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom