Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, Hi! Long time no talk. I was in Staples today and I thought about you. Take it easy!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I like the Blue! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Even though we have a Staples, since you are so generously offering, send me several rolls of the blue! :wink:

I just wish you could rush it here so I could pack it around my toe before I face Killer Katie, and Feisty Felice tomorrow! :whistle:
 
Well, all I have left of my toenail is a tiny silver at the base of the toe! When she started to break it away I flinched, and she asked me if I needed something for the pain. I said no, just get it over with! It was messed up! Then she wrapped it in a bandaid and told me that I could go PT and Personal Training! Oh well, I went but forgot to eat, so in the middle of Personal Training, Felice stopped me! I wanted to continue, but she knew my body couldn't. The mind was willing...... :groan:
 
I'm so glad the toe thing went well, and you are a tough cookie to go through without something for pain! Felice is a smart woman, and she knows you and your body very well! :yay: No sense testing fate and causing damage! Get plenty of rest over the weekend and do lots of cuddling in, with Pat, that in itself has healing powers! :thumb:
 
Ahhhh, the healing power of cuddling! :happydance:

Well, we are going back to the lakeside property to make a decision about whether we are going to buy it or not! We will be on the road all day tomorrow, and Sunday and Monday, I will be writing my last two papers that are due this week! This week is also Team week again, so I have a big project with my 3 cohorts. On Friday, I have agreed to go back to the school where I taught and teach conflict resolution to 9th graders. I have PT on M, W, and Thur, and Per Training on Tue, Thurs,and Sat! Whew! I am tired just thinking about it all! :sleep:
 
Busy, busy, busy! So glad the toe is resolved, the kneecap is under orders for improvement and the weekend bodes well for some R&R - well, except for the homework. Take care, my friend.
 
BJ, no, I did not get the bubble wrap in time! :scare:

Notice the late hour I am typing this??????? :gaah:

It is from pain taking over where Tylenol won't! :shocked:

Now, if you had only mailed that wrap sooner.... :umm: :heehee:
 
Jo they had to take most of my toe nail yesterday, and I am in pain. Yes, still in PT, and Personal Training but one of these days.... Josephine
 
Hi Sonya,
Hoping you did finally get some ease from your toe pain. All the toe's nerve endings are under the nail, so taking the nail leaves them vulnerable.

Hope your busy week goes well and your last 2 papers get done. How long do they have to be? My daughter has just submitted her first paper for her MBA degree - 6,000 words; that's a lot of effort. She is in a team doing this degree and they are scattered all over the world. She has to conference with them via Skype every week. It will be worth it for her when she completes. She has been with her company for 14 years and they are going to repay all her course fees, if she passes.
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Sonya,
Hoping you did finally get some ease from your toe pain. All the toe's nerve endings are under the nail, so taking the nail leaves them vulnerable.

Hope your busy week goes well and your last 2 papers get done. How long do they have to be? My daughter has just submitted her first paper for her MBA degree - 6,000 words; that's a lot of effort. She is in a team doing this degree and they are scattered all over the world. She has to conference with them via Skype every week. It will be worth it for her when she completes. She has been with her company for 14 years and they are going to repay all her course fees, if she passes.
:flwrysmile:

Thanks for the reply! I am 9 hours away from finishing my Master's in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation, but this course is one of the major parts of my course load. It deals with family and divorce mediations, and when I finish with it, I will be certified to be a divorce and family mediator in addition to the mediation certification I have already received which includes all other types of mediation! No pressure... :scary: :wink:

One paper is the start of my major thesis course paper so I must choose my topic carefully.

The other is carrying out a mediation from start to finish, how it will look, what type of mediator I choose to be in the role, ex. Facilitative, evaluative, transformative, etc. and carry the steps of the particular style from what happens before the clients walk in the door, all the way through to the time that they leave the establishment. This one is only (1200-1500) words but is done by myself. I will pick up with my group this week as we go through a divorce mediation that does not involve children yet.
 
Really? Where did you find that little factoid? :scratch:

OK. I got it a bit wrong.

What I meant to say was more like:
There are large amounts of nerve endings just below the epidermis all over your feet. Removing a nail is like shaving off some skin to the raw part underneath, exposing all of the nerve endings in that area.

Did I explain it better this time?
 
Well, the day after our wedding 6 1/2 years ago started the saga! Fast forward to a thick nail and athletic shoes that are a size too big because I am not needing orthotics anymore! I never wore the shoes, and I liked them a lot! Anyway, my habit is to stretch my left leg out of the car and open the car door with my foot! Remember big shoe, because this will be verrrryyy important in the story that is unfolding... :heehee: , not big mouth as usual :rotfl: ! Anyway, I opened the car door with the toe of my shoe and it slipped and caught my "real" toe! :headbang: I will have to say, at this point , I might have said one or two unkind words, I just don't remember them. :whistle: My toe proceeded to bleed like crazy, and I wrapped it up in a bandaid and went in and did PT anyway! No sense in missing due to a bloody toe! :whistle: :heehee: The doctor took off all but a tiny sliver of toenail, so now I am keeping that sucker wrapped so I don't do anything SILLY! :rotfl: As a matter of fact, my thumb felt so bad for my toe, that it let me stab it with a knife yesterday! :shrug: Misery loves company I guess! :umm: :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom