Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonya, I am so glad this is muscle weakness and nothing worse. With time and strength training you will be able to build that back up. Unfortuntately, muscles build up only so fast, but it will get better. Glad the news was good!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja!!! and since you LOVE to exercise, the fix will be fun for you---even if it takes a while---muscles are just so easy to weaken and so, so hard to re-strengthen----my hubby can attest to that. Just really happy it's a non-surgical fix.
 
Thank you everyone! I am very blessed to have such caring friends! And yes the muscles can be strengthened! I see Katie tomorrow at 10:00 for my right knee, Chris at 11:00 for an eval on my right knee and Felice at 3:00 for Personal Training! If that knee doesn't get the message that it has "joined the party," then heaven help it! :rotfl:
 
Sonja,
Glad it there is not anything going on with the replacement. Be sure they look at your whole body for weakness elsewhere.
You may as well have the rest of you "join the party".
 
Sonja,
Any other muscles not getting used enough? With all the PT and training I don't know how any could have been missed. So glad it only means a little more PT and not surgery and that the implant is fine.
 
Great news Sonja. I know you'll work extra hard getting those pesky muscles stronger. You always say you're the shy one, well I think you're also the stubborn one and no way are those muscles going to get the better of you. LOL.
 
Well, I went and talked to Katie, and unfortunately she is afraid that they will red flag all of my right knee's progress and make me pay for therapy from the beginning if I start to work on this one since it is with a different OS. Pumpkln, have you heard anything in the new insurance laws that would cause this problem? Katie has convinced me to work on my left one with Felice my Personal Trainer since I might run into trouble with insurance.
 
Depends on the insurance company, I have not encountered that situation. Insurance is a tangled web and they are in the best position to know what will work.
The PT should be talking to Felice about what you will need for your left leg. As long as the communication is good between everyone you should be OK, if you sense it is not, let them know.
Good luck!:SUNsmile:
 
The funny thing is my husband's insurance has never complained! Katie went into a tailspin about three months before my revision, suggesting that the insurance company might think I had been there too long! Pat called his HR dept. and they said as long as they have doctor's orders they don't have any problem. She relaxed after that. Maybe it's because she already has me working for 2 hours on the right leg and I see everyone else and their dogs, :heehee: go through in the amount of time I am there! :happydance:

Anyway, Katie and Felice ate going to talk tomorrow, and if Felice is comfortable with the situation, then we will work on the left leg in personal training.
 
Do you ever just get sick and tired of exercising so much? I mean I know you have to for your knees, but doing that much exercise, don't your knees ever complain? I ask that bcuz Bonesmarts mantra, is less is more with PT. Just curious!
 
Hi Sonya,
I'm so glad your left knee may be helped by exercise and there is nothing that requires surgery. :)

What a treasure you have in Katie and Felice - it must make you thankful every day that you found them. Divine guidance, maybe?
Caryl (Celle)
 
Do you ever just get sick and tired of exercising so much? I mean I know you have to for your knees, but doing that much exercise, don't your knees ever complain? I ask that bcuz Bonesmarts mantra, is less is more with PT. Just curious!

Actually, my answer is No! I love exercising again. Remember I used to be in competitive sports though, so I thrive on the exhilaration I feel after completing a workout! If my knees would let me I would be with Tori in Crossfit in a heartbeat! I love competing against myself and bettering myself every day! :happydance:

I can say that my knees complain a little,but I don't have to ice them! The kneecap will not stay in place on the right one,so I wear a brace during personal training!
 
I worked out in Physical Therapy today, and Personal Training today! They both gave me a "run for my money!" :happydance:

Tomorrow, I am going in the morning to have my big toenail removed. It is off most of the way already. Then at 1:00 I see Katie and 3:00 Felice! :happydance:

That is if my toe is up to it! :heehee:
 
Good luck with the toenail Sonja, that's got to be an ouchie! Do you need to take antibiotics for that?
 
Back
Top Bottom