TKR Still working on ROM

Blood tests and a swab of the incision area if it’s still draining.

This sounds like a good plan.
 
Hello everyone I’ve been busy with company for my birthday. I feel like I turned a corner last week,week five. Week six started with private pt therapy. Got to 90 degree bend. I’ll keep seeing this therapist and I’m adding regular Pt on 6/30. I see the doc’s PA on 6/24. I’m cleaning and cooking more. Staying up longer each day. The infection remained on the surface of the wound. I’m sleeping more. The PA gave me tramadol which I take sparingly and ibuprofen. Tylenol made me sick. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
 
@Flashcat What a nice update! It never seems like you're going to get to that corner and then...boom! You've turned it. Isn't it great to feel like doing "normal" things again? Just be careful not to overdo. It's a hazard when you finally start feeling decent again. It also sounds like the incision is improving. That's good news as well. I'm glad you have a follow up visit with the PA. It will be important to get that "seal of approval" that indeed, things are finally healing up they way they they should. Keep up the good work!
 
the surgeon wants to see the wound today at 1:30 just found out! They’re either going to extend antibiotics or change them!
 
A belated Happy Birthday cake for you! I hope you enjoyed the time spent with loved ones as they celebrated you.
1750165187409.webp


Good to read you feel as though you turned a corner.
Let us know how your appointment goes today. Hopefully that pesky infection clears soon. :prayer:
@Flashcat
 
I see surgeon today unexpectedly they want to see the infection area! Thank you! Wish me luck I’m scared he’ll bend my knee
 
It's okay to be nervous, you've been through a lot considering you're healing from recent major surgery. My best advice is to tell whoever you see upfront that you're feeling anxious about them manipulating your knee and ask that they please go easy / slowly. It is good they are staying on top of the infection, with your best interest in mind.
Take a deep breath and relax knowing you're in the good hands of those that are there to help, not hurt you.
Best Wishes!
@Flashcat
 
Wish me luck I’m scared he’ll bend my knee
All you have to do is tell him, "Hands off, I'll do it myself!". I never let anyone touch my leg except to take out the staples and/or clean the wound. I learned back in the 80s to not let any one force my bend. If it is forced, it can cause more inflammation, which increases swelling, lowering your ROM numbers.
 
Agree with @sistersinhim l never let anyone touch my leg and I recovered just fine with excellent bend. It's your knee and you know better than anyone just how far to push things.
 
Comments like yours make our day here at BoneSmart. There is nothing more that we enjoy hearing than the fact that we’ve helped someone become a strong advocate for themselves when dealing with their medical team. This level of communication is critical to receiving the good care you want and deserve.
 
You truly have helped me! I’m not there yet but I sent pictures of the infection 3 times and got called to come after 2 of them! I wouldn’t have thought to do that before! I go back 7/9! Hopefully I’ll have better ROM by then.
 
Hopefully I’ll have better ROM by then.
Try not to worry about your ROM. We all regain it at different rates, and that’s fine, for us. It’s the professionals who want the “better numbers.” But remember, a ROM number is only one indication of improvement.

Here is proof you are recovering and improving:

Hello everyone I’ve been busy with company for my birthday. I feel like I turned a corner last week,week five.

Staying up longer each day.

I’m sleeping more.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

You are doing just fine, so don’t worry about a number. :flwrysmile:
 
How did your appointment with your surgeon go today? I hope you're feeling more at ease and they were able to offer some reassurance. No worries about sharing if you're not up to it.
Just know that we're here for you and we care. :friends:
@Flashcat
 
Sorry I took so long! The visit was quick and easy the infection is still healing. He continued antibiotics for another week. But aside from the nurses mentioning the ROM no one pressured me at all! I go back 7/9/25 for recheck! Thank you Layla and thank you for the happy birthday wishes!:SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom