TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the well wishes.... Saturday is still a couple days off.... My only worry is the standing in one spot.... That can be hard. I only work part time so if I can get through the day it will be not so bad.:groan: Lots of time to rest up between shifts (and do my farm chores.)
Rob has Saturdays off and will make dinner and we have a dish washer that I load what we haven't already dropped in, as we go and Rob unloads it in the morning while he waits for the coffee to process.:mcoffee:
Lindsay... Can't Rosie get the ball!!! :puppysmooze: I like the new font, even if it is unintended :) The sun has popped out this morning, a welcome relief to the deluge we have had so far this week. We didn't get the brunt of the wind they predicted but the fresh snow on the mountain behind us and what wind we are getting the wind is very cold and icy. I was in a light jacket last week and back into winter coat this. I am just glad I don't live in the mid west, Texas and the eastern states this week (or eastern Canada ) I can live without the real winter they are all getting.
The good news is all the snow we are getting on the mountains here this year means our creek will not dry up this summer!!!! :happydance:
 
Monday morning and the weather is good today. I want to get out in my garden as things are getting ahead of me.... It is frosty but my crocuses are showing purple! The season is changing :dancy: I hope it will change soon for my friends world wide dealing with snow storms and bad weather.... I am sure it will change soon. None of us need dicey 'road' conditions with new knees or hips!:spin:We need exercise conducive conditions to put a spring in our walk!
I had my first day back to work on Saturday... It went well! I was allowed a stool at my till and did not need to use it much. I kept my leg up on a chair on my breaks and that helped. My left knee was not so happy... I am glad to be on the waiting list for it. I was fine untill I got home and sat down for an hour! My ankles and feet swelled up and were so stiff and sore I could hardly walk.... Guess I should have taken an antiinflamitory at lunch break instead of a 292... or as well! Rob was wonderful and cooked steak for dinner and gave me a lovely glass of wine to sit with... :cheers: when I got home! By the next morning the swelling was down and I could walk fine.... :happydance: I made Sunday an easier... resting day and I don't work again until next week. Fortunately for me we have cut hours at this time of year. The garden center is gearing up and in April the garden center cash shack reopen so I will get to work outside in the garden center! It is my favorite place to work. It doesn't hurt that the floor is plywood and has more flex than tile on concrete.:yay:
 
You're doing great! That is a lot of standing. It's good to get back to our normal activities, isn't it? The weather has been glorious. And I am definitely starting to work on my garden.
 
Hi Joy, glad to hear youre back at work again and coping. Bet you enjoyed that wine and steak when you got home. What a lovely hubby to have it ready for you. Mine not so good at the cooking. Like you my other knee is complaining very loudly. I try to ignore it but it sure is shouting a lot. I just cant face having it done yet. You are just the opposite. You are brave. Braver than me. Take care Joy and dont be doing too much at work. And maybe take the iburofen. x x x
 
Woo Hoo! Jazz:puppysmooze: and I got a lot done in the garden and played fetch all afternoon. I hope it will still be nice tommorrow to finish up a few things. It is sooo nice that I can wander around the yard and step up into my raised beds with little difficulty. I am soo tired!:sleep:
Randi you are right! Don't forget there is still frost on the clear nights.
Pat.... it is nice getting back to work. Rob is an awesome cook and he takes care of me when I need it. I made Roast beef and yorkshire pudding for dinner tonight in appreciation. Whoever gets home first or is off gets dinner. Much of the time we both cook.
By the time I finished up today my bad knee was getting very sore and it was time to sit down. :groan: It is bone on bone at the front and is getting worst by the week. I am not so much brave as tired of the constant pain and restrictions on my activities. I want to be getting better rather than getting worse. I will take it as easy as I can... but I will be taking anti inflamitories and even light pain pills to get by. My new knee isn't giving me any problems....:egypdance: just the other.
I am glad to hear shopping and outings are finally getting easier for you. My chores are getting easier too..... isn't it nice!
Well I am off to bed:sleep: It is another day tomorrow. You take care too.:thumb:
 
It is bedtime and I am very tired. I suspect I will sleep well tonight. :sleep:
I spent the best part of the afternoon lopping and removing the blackberry bramble that got away from me the last two years on our property. It creeps and invades everywhere if you do not keep on it. Our property is sloped and that means I am working on a sloped uneven surface.... It was a big problem the last 2 years.... stepping on a root or rock would cause me to loose my balance and fall. I really did not realize just how bad it had become until today. I had to sit for a few minutes a couple times to rest my bad knee that got very sore but the 2 or 3 times I stumbled I caught myself and did not fall. :happydance: I followed the Bonesmart rule.... no falling. :thumb: Jazz was happy... resting means throwing the ball :puppysmooze: she fetched and went for a swim in the creek and went to bed with Rob at 9:30.... poor tired puppy!:giggle:
I feel so much more confident and will keep gradually challenging the limitations I have been enduring. every challenge strengthens my knee and bolsters my confidence. I will see how I feel in the morning.... Not too stiff I hope..... We have heavy rain warnings for the next couple days so I will have lots of time to rest before work on Saturday.
Good night all, sleep well .... I think I will! :zzz:
 
Way. To. Go. Ain't it great? Just think how stable you'll be after the second one. You were right about the rain but hey it wouldn't be gardening if we didn't get wet! :happydance: things are looking up my friend.
 
So pleased to hear your positive report. Dont go doing too much tho. The snow hasnt been too bad here. Not sticking. In some parts of the country its been really bad so we are lucky here. I had a lovely Mothers Day and appreciate my family so much. They didnt let me do a thing. When I think back to last year and I was hobbling around the kitchen trying to do things I realise how far Ive come with the TKR. Take Care Joy. Lovely to hear from you.
 
Well it is nice and sunny today and I have the truck so I will be busy..... It was nice yesterday but I sat most of the day cause I worked on Saturday and my knee was swollen and sore yesterday. It was a sale day and we were short staffed. I processed 250+ customers and only got my 1/2 hour lunch break.... too busy for coffee.... We were swamped! I was so glad to get home and ice my knee and hand. I am a cashier. The muscle on the back of my hand/ wrist puffed up and my hand was aching. Rob made pork steaks for dinner and we watched the hockey game with my daughter and her boyfriend. Rob is such a sweetie!!! ♥
I do notice it takes less and less time to recover after doing too much. I feel so much better this morning and the sun has come out when they said it would rain. So I guess ' pitter patter, best get at her'. I have to get straw for the nests and chicken feed.
I hope you all have a great day!
 
Hi Joy, that sounds exhausting. I hope your knee and hand have recovered. Quicker recover time sounds like something to look forward too. I think we must have all your rain here in the UK where it is cold, wet and grey.
Enjoy that lovely sunny sunshine. Maybe you could post us a picture of a sunny day for all us sun starved Brits!
Hope you have a great day too,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Okay, here you are Toothfairy and Joy. This is picture of Lindsay in the garden today, seven weeks post TKR.
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
 
:rofsign: :rotfl: Beautiful pics Randi.... Hold the camera the other way up when taking pictures..... or you have to use the computer to rotate your pictures before posting....:giggle:
Wow! Lindsey is doing soooo Well.... I wasn't that active at seven weeks!!!! You go girl!!!! Looking great!!!:ok: And Rosie too!!:puppysmooze:
I didn't get a sunny pic but I did get my straw and feed and worked in the garden. I hope to get out today... supposed to be dry till dinner time then we have the next storm... rain and wind warnings overnight. It is cold this morning because of the clear skys overnight. 0 degrees celsius (32 degrees fahrenheit) at 7:30 am. I let the chickens out to free range on one of my beds.... I throw their scratch (grains) on the grass and they scratch it up to get the grain. Less work for me and a treat for them. :yes:
Toothfairy.... You just described our entire winter.... cold, wet and grey. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world... when the sun comes out. The winters are damp and grey. Randi is probably 50 miles as the crow flies, just across the American border from me. Our weather is the same. I think it is very much like yours in the south of England. Once you get into the mountains it gets colder and there is more snow... I don't have to shovel rain!:heehee: I like the coast.
As for the recovering faster.... I can't believe how well Lindsey is doing.....:thumb: My right knee had gotten so bad that there were many things I was no longer doing due to the instability in my knee. I am working on getting my muscles back into shape. It is going to be a loooong haul! I notice things that I could no longer do that I can do again, like squating down instead of bending at the waist but it is still uncomfortable to do. Kneeling is very uncomfortable unless I am on my bed or a very padded surface. It gets better all the time.:egypdance: I am eager to get my left knee done.... it is not in as bad shape as the right was but is starting to get very unstable. I am sure the season will change soon so we can all get out in the sunshine!!!!:SUNsmile:
 
Lindsay says her second knee is easier because it is not as damaged. She says "don't wait! Git er done!"
We're 50 miles as the crow flies (and they do) but it would take a whole day, two ferries and a border crossing to get there!
 
I am on the wait list:whistle: and I have no intention of waiting any longer than I have to. In November my surgeon said once the hospital gets their paperwork done it will be 6 months.... first knee, in December they said 9 months and it was done in Oct. - 11 months... I did have to have testing for my metal allergy so perhaps that is why the extra time but I doubt it. I could go in as early as May but I don't think the hospital is that fast. It is more likely to be in September.:yay: I would not mind waiting til Oct again so the summer is done, the garden center has closed for the season and I have worked enough hours to get sick pay again but if they call in May I will do it anyway and deal with the financial problems.:headbang:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way? Actually, Joy, if you look carefully at the pine trees, you can see little white sparkles---which are the light snow. We had a cold and very windy day Wednesday, overcast, and for 30 minutes it snowed and was then just gone with the wind it came on. Great pic, BYW.
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
 
Nice place you have there. It snowed here too and now it's sunny and warmer. Spring!
 
Well 10:30 and we are on the way to 50 degrees and sunny.... I have some computer stuff to do for work and then out to the garden for the afternoon. I helped move a cedar chest upstairs this weekend and was up and down the basement stairs many times on saturday... got a bit sore by evening but when I went up the half flight at the pub yesterday I realized I didn't use the handrail... :egypdance: Woo hoo... It just keeps getting better!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom