TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the next surgery goes as well. I guess standing so much on the concrete floor at work, that I whine about all the time, did some good. It was pretty sore at bedtime last night and I will take it much easier today... finding the Jobs I can do from my chair. work smarter not harder!:ok: That is how I got along with 2 bad knees!
 
OMG... That is the fourth time I have been almost finished a post, stepped away for a moment and had the page refresh and lost the post!!!!!:gaah: Sooo......

Last Friday I had a fabulous day and got many things done around the house..... laundy, housework, eggs prepped for sale, and made dinner:SUNsmile: . My knee was a bit puffy and sore at bed time but not bad by morning....:thumb: I rested it most of the day because we had Rob's company's Christmas party to go to. We had a wonderful dinner and evening out. I noticed my knee was a bit sore by the time we left and wished I had taken a pair of flat shoes to drive home in. I wore the 2 inch heel boots I also wore to my work's Christmas party. It hurt a bit to pull my toes around the door jamb of the truck and was a bit uncomfortable for the 5 minute drive home. When I got out my knee let me know it was not happy. :sad: We went inside and I sat and elevated my leg. We sat for a bit, had a night cap, and when I got up to go to bed my leg had stiffened up. I commented it was very sore..... I didn't sleep well, I just could not find the right position.... 3 am I got up to go to the loo... as I sat down I thought it may have been a bit premature to put the raised toilet seat.... Then I tried to get up!!!! Nope... not happening.:yikes: I called to Rob for help. first he got one of my crutches... no good... He had to give me his arm and help lift me. We went back to bed and i caught a few winks between attempts to turn over... It was no better by morning:mcoffee: I iced, elevated and rested all morning but it did not help. The pain meds were not touching the pain. Rob washed the eggs and I was able to box them cause I can sit and do that.... I could not believe how much it hurt. :gaah: Late in the afternoon it started to feel better. We went to the meat draw but I blew off a friends open house and just came home. I tossed and turned without getting comfortable for a second night:mcoffee: by monday morning I felt a lot better.... not so sore and swollen but still rested all day.
I was pretty busy yesterday and very thankful to recover the set back so quickly... only 2 days down. All I can figure is I sat with my legs under the chair all evening agrivating the left side of my knee and had mixed up my am and pm pills so had taken more Aleve than I should have. :doh: Something I will be much more careful of in the future.
I thought everyone was exagerating about feeling like the beginning of recovery but now know how right you guys are. Also that the pain pills do not work so well on that kind of pain.... :umm:Good to know for the next knee....
Note to self.... even you will be set back if you aren't careful, dummy!!!:doh:
 
I will try to learn from your example! :happydance: I am trying to take it super easy and even then the knee swells. I guess it's trial and error all the way. I do know what you mean about feeling like the first week of recovery. Ow! :gaah: Re weather: no need to ice my knee when I can just put it out the window! Cold spitting horizontal rain! :santa-wave:
 
:beer: Wow.... I see a couple quiet days in my future.... It was a quiet Christmas for us.... At the last minute Shauna brought her small predecorated tree out because it was apparent I was not going to do the usual last minute decorating push ( In November I said it wasn't going to happen.) So it was just our 2 daughters and Rob for dinner. Shauna had cleaned up the kitchen the night before. I cooked a turkey and stuffing, Rob put on the vegetables and finished up cooking and carving while I made gravey and Candice stirred it while it thickened... A family meal.... forgot to pick up desert but noone missed it. It was a lovely evening of movies on the big screen TV and conversation. I have always enjoyed the Christmases that are less... we have had a few.... They always remind me of what matters most.... :yes:
On the other hand, so much for trying to pinch pennies while I am off work....:groan: Dog was ticked off we left her home on Sunday for the 3 hours out to go to meat draw, so she would not get cold in the truck at dusk..... She ate the stuffing from one of her stuffies, raided the garbages and ate dryed lint, chocolate bar wrapper, paper towel covered in food waste, as well as her dog food. She was sick several times overnight and Rob was sure she had something suck in her throat.... $400.00 later.... indigestion.... I think the vomitting irritated her throat. It was better to take her to the vet Monday rather than wait and risk a Christmas Day emergency surgery vet bill. She is better but still feeling a bit rough.... dumb dog.....:puppysmooze: poor puppy!:puppysmooze:

I hope everyone else had a good Christmas and plans a safe:cheers: New Years Eve! :beer: :cheers2:
 
Well, I am glad your puppy is ok though! That is always so scary when you just don't know what's happening. I've had that happen too many times too!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BONESMART FRIEND JOY. WISHING YOU HAPPINESS AND LAUGHTER IN 2013 AND LETS SAY GOOD RIDDANCE TO OUR OLD ARTHRITIC KNEE AND GOOD LUCK TO OUR LOVELY NEW KNEE. :martini: :cheers: :cheers2:
 
Ooh, Judy, pretty New Years image. Happy new year to you all! We made it through and as Patricia would say, onward and upward or as Joy would say, still looking forward and so on. (Don't look at mine!)
 
Wow.... made it through New years! Rob and I just stayed home and had appies and a nice dinner. Poor puppy was so upset when neighbours let off fireworks at midnight. We went to bed at 12:30 with a shaking, panting mess. But new day dawned and she was fine.... scarey bangs forgotten.
We went to the pub yesterday and met a lot of friends we have not seen in a while.... I hear the two bands they had in was a complete success. I am hoping to go next year.... with 2 new knees!!! I would not risk dancing and blowing out the bad knee yet again.... better not to go. At the pub I saw a friend who said she had her knee done 2 years ago and has had nothing but trouble with it.... she expected it would feel just like a real knee... I think she had a sports injury and had it done shortly after. What she complained about I am sure would not be upsetting her if she had gone for years of suffering and limited activities waiting for the surgery. Her mom (my ex neighbour) told me at Christmas, she had her knee done by my surgeon and she was happy with the results. Go figure.
Well just shy of 3 months and my knee is getting stronger by the day and I am icing less and just relying on elevating.... life can be good... I hope the next one will go as well as this one has.
Have a great day and a Good New Year.
 
:yes!: Happy New Year and what a good report. As you know, you are my role model of how to get through knee replacement with style and grace. I have to say I am doing very well too. My knee still gets stiff but ROM is good and I really don't have any pain to speak of. I still ice when I go to bed just for good measure. Dancing, no, but I could if I wanted to! Good for you. Are you going to try to work on that hard cement floor?
 
PS: I woke up in the night on New Years Eve and Rosey was sleeping with his head on the pillow between Lindsay and I ! He doesn't like fireworks either, not even one pop! :puppysmooze:
 
My pups sleep in the bed with us too! One under the covers and one will either go under the covers or over but cuddles right up to me or the hubby all night!:puppysmooze: And they both hate fireworks or any loud noises or flashing lights like lightning or camera flashes.
 
Randi.... I don't know about role model.... And Shauna says my style is tacky (It is mine , shaddup) and I have all the grace of a bull moose in a china shop. But I do it with my warpped sense of humor so we will muddle through. :heehee:

Break through.... :egypdance:last night I got to do something I have not done in years.... I squatted down to pick something up!!!! I was not quite all the way down but close enough!!! Woo hooo!!!:yay: :happydance:
We have a king size bed because dog:puppysmooze: and cats :kittykiss: (4) come and sleep on the bed... fortunatly not all at the same time. Only one cat likes under the covers.
 
I am so jealous! We have one cat :kittykiss: (I would love more!!) but my husband was not raised with animals so the thought of even the kitty (Nefertiri - since cats were sacred in ancient Egypt, I always give them an Egyptian name) sleeping in our room gives him the heebee geebees! Sigh. Before he retired and was traveling so much, she could sleep with me then, but I can't seem to coax him on this issue - even though our room is 20 degrees colder than the rest of the house in the morning because the door is closed! Ah, but one must pick their battles and on this one I give up. The rest of you - enjoy all your bedmates! lol
 
Joy, about that role model style and grace thing. My standards aren't really that high.
 
Obviously not if I am the role model..... lol:rolleyes:
Well I did a 1 km walk along the sea wall at Davis Bay Friday... Jazz was panting when we finished.:puppysmooze: I was fine until evening when I tripped over a heavy rubber mat in our gravel driveway and came down hard on my knees and left hand. Owwww.... I have been stiff and sore all weekend. Oh well, no permanent damage done.... but I am not sure what was the walk and what was the fall.
Rob is temporarily laid off. Maybe we can get some of the jobs done around here before I go back to work..... Not likely!:sigh:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
I hurt just thinking about your fall. I expect most of the aches and pains are from the fall. Please take care---ice and elevate and take pain meds if needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom