TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness you do not seem to have done any harm, that is one thing I worry about as I can fall over my own feet :).
 
I fall well....:rolleyes: not a great trait... I have soft tissue damage from a fall on a concrete floor when I drove truck in '97 (wet floor) It took a couple of years of complaining to my dr. that it still bothered me before I got it across to him it was not my rotator cup but the ligament below it. He gave me a shot of cortizone and it didn't bother me for a long time but I have had a couple tumbles (bad knees) and it is bothering me again.... I am hoping it settles down.... Or I will need another shot . I am not sure if they will do this. When the second knee is done maybe I won't fall any more.:thumb:
 
Hi Creeker 13. Finally have gotten the time to figure out how to log in and stay in, and am working on how to find the spot to write something to somebody, in this case you. I much appreciated your mid Dec. welcome to the site and will soon be on the Post-Surgery side where I'm quite sure I'll want to complain a bit and beg for amusing bits to distract me. Saw that you have a birthday coming up (Happy Birthday) and that you have the date for the next surgery. The thing that caught my attention today was you standing at work for 8 hours. Wow-dow, I never could have done that as I was a dizzy and nauseated weakling whinging on and on as though I were abandoned--when in fact I had constant, attentive and loving care from rlwintin. This time my task is to chill out and accept my lot. Ruffian
 
Oh, Joy, so sorry to hear about the fall - makes me hurt thinking about it! I hope you are feeeling better by today with no signs of further problems from the fall.
 
Thanks for the encouragment everyone... It is feeling better today. I did some shopping and stopped at the store where I work to pick up some quart/ liter sealers. My boss wants to know when I will be back to work... I told him the middle of next month. It is nice to be missed.
So each day I am doing a bit more.... I still tire fast. Off to bed I go.... tomorrow I am putting up tomatoe sauce. That will be my challenge!
Nice to hear from you Lindsey. The standing was a real challenge 3 years ago but I am sort of used to it now. Thank you for the birthday wishes.... Jazzy our pup will be 1 on the 15th as well. Still a big puppy! :puppysmooze:
G'night all.
 
Oh my.... it has been a while since my last post.... :shocked: I am getting busier and am not getting the time to post. I guess that is a good thing.:ok: I am trying to get to the point that I can stand for a 4 hour stint... it is a challenge. I will be back to work in 3 to 4 weeks so I need to work up my stamina. it is 4 hours to the 1/2 hour break.... leg up on chair for lunch. Only change different leg!:groan:
I got out last week and cleaned the chicken coop.... :yay: chickies love me now it was very dirty and really needed the fresh nests. I am feeding the girls and collecting the eggs regularly, too. It is nice to be able to!
I am also getting a handle on reorganizing my house before I go back to work.... It is helping to get me back in shape and getting things set up for the next surgery. Every little bit helps. And my garden beckons.... it is still too cold and the ground is frozen this week but soon.... That is where I will be soon.:SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
Get back to me and let me know how you are all doing.....
 
Wow.... I can not believe it is now February!:yikes: Most of the time my knee is good. I am finding that it is tender at night and wakes me up when I turn over or move certain ways. By morning it feels better and I am good. I only take pain killers if it gets really sore.
Yesterday I tried to get up on the tractor, somthing I could not do last year. I did have to use a small step stool to get up which did not work for me last summer. :tada: Now I know which muscles I have to work on! I have a two step stool to step up the long side of and strengthen that muscle. One more stair exercise! :groan: Oh well....
I hope all is well with all my bone smartie friends. Everyone take care.:flwrysmile:
 
Welcome back Joy! I'm glad you were able to get back on the tractor! Isn't this knee recovery a work in progress! We do something we have done in awhile and we learn what we need to do to strengthen those muscles again! I wish you continued success, and good luck on your return to work! :friends:

Stay well kiddo!
 
Someone today thought the red eruptions were hives as a reaction to the drugs. And I've also had wonder if they might be from one of three anti-nausea drugs I have been supplied with this time around, as I took an older one today and got a bit itchy.
Oh, my gosh, you have had a bit of a struggle on the allergic front.
Wool, old dust, cat dander, mold, but not most fabrics. Although as I say this I wonder if some of the synthetics could fit. Don't get red spots from some, but do feel "sweaty" and "twitchy." I love that cottons and older fabrics are back in the market too.
We do all have our gifts and our trials, but often there is a kind of "game" in figuring out how to deal that is a kind of pleasure in its own way. Most of all I love the journey and companions who have joined me for long or short bits along the way. ruffian
 
Hi Creeker 13, Today is a do nothing day mostly spent reading a lovely mystery set in the Dordogne area of France where we bicycled 10 or so years ago, but I do well as long as I keep on schedule with the meds. I let the PT's yesterday push me a bit more that was a good, so I will speak up sooner and/or just stop when I get a hint of the tiredness that proceeds overdoing. What I get for showing off.....

Love this time with Randi, the easy ebb and flow of the day and trading off house tasks we each can do--and do for each other. Sort of a retreat feel.

How lucky I feel to live in the maritime northwest where spring begins in February. Randi has been out pruning already and the birds are noisy and abundant. I can watch them from my recliner--leg elevated and iced on soft cushions--a cup of coffee or tea delivered at proper intervals.

Life is good and hope the same for you and Rob as well. ruffian
 
Hi Joy, Just catching up on your threads. You have been a busy bee. Good work getting on the tractor It did make my eyes water thnking about the fall you had. We have to be so careful with these knees. Last night I knelt on my bed to shut the curtains and it felt so WEIRD. Its the first time ive knelt on it all be it on a soft surface but I dont think I will be doing it again. We have another busy weekend. Its my MIL 90th birthday and all the family are getting together for it. Should be good. My knee is behaving at the moment. Good Luck with the return to work. Dont you go overdoing it. Stay Happy. :angel:
 
So it is official.... Back to work March 2.... Of course the busiest day of the week! Oh well, such is life. It will be nice to get back to see my customers! I miss them.... now I will be missing my BS friends! Can't have it both ways!
 
Oh I will... and probably just as sporatically as now. It is so nice to be getting more mobile all the time.... I suspect with starting on the stores busiest day of the week I will have down time after work where I will be resting elevating and icing. More for the bad knee than the good one. I won't abandon you Randi!:friends:
 
Well I hope it goes smoothly and when you get home, R, I & E and :beer:dont forget an adult beverage for a job well done.
 
Goonna be a busy week, geting prepped to loose 3 days a week. It really cuts into my project time!:sigh: what would I do if I woriked full time? Hmmmm.:whistle:
Doesn't help with the weather change yesterday.... clear and cold.... my including my knees are aching some...:groan:.... I really hate being a barometer.
 
Hi Creeker 13,
Will be thinking about you tomorrow at work. Hope it all goes well.
Was just reading about Brownie back at work and wishing for 4 months out--seems forever away.
Have no clue how I got into this print style. Something I bumped no doubt while dropping the mouse on the floor or while chasing after the little rolling red ball that falls out of the mouse, my rump in the air trying to locate it under the recliner--which I am now happily back in with a cup of tea.
Randi and I were treated to breakfast on Sunday morning. I totally enjoyed having an outing, although sitting upright makes my knee ache and then I get woozy. Even so, nice having a "normal" moment.
Some wind storm the other day, eh? But happily not the 40-50 mph winds they were predicting. Hope all was benign up there too.
Relate to being a "barometer." I have a lot of arthritis in my hands and they don't want to bend or be touched when bad weather is coming. ruffian
 
joy plan easy meals and paper plates for a few days so you can baby yourself after you get home from work. The first week is the worst and after that it gets gradually better...except when it isn't. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom