TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! I had my first bath and now must rest up! Hey guess what? I put my pants on like everybody else, one leg at a time! Standing up! I'm happy for ( slow and steady) progress today.
 
I'd love a bath but how do we get out without kneeling? I don't think I can just stand up or slither out like a snake? :shrug:
 
Yes Shelly a shower is just not the same for relaxing in. Took me a while to cosider the best way to get in and out and I left the door unlocked just in case I needed rescueing. Thankfully I didnt and its so nice to feel so relaxed going to bed.
 
Hey Joy, Had my fingers legs and everything crossed all day for you hoping everything went well with your OS. Please let us know soon this is getting really uncomfortable and I need to ice. A LOT x
 
I hope you had a good day today. That extra ferry trip makes it an extra LONG day. I trust everything went well with the star patient--that's you! :dancy:
 
Hope everything went well. Still gt everything crossed. Just.:yikes:
 
Hi guys! Wow... I had a great day! :egypdance:We got off of the ferry and went to a dog park on the banks of Lynn Creek and the Burrard Inlet to give Jazz a walk before she got stuck in the car all day. It has lovely level trails and we walked a half an hour loop back to the truck. Not sunny but not raining either... :thumb: a nice walk, it has been a while.
We were at the hospital early and had to wait an hour for my appointment, Dr. was running late as usual. I used a little trick to elevate my knee.... I sit on the tip of my cane and rest my leg on the shaft and my heel on the handle. It really helped after our walk.
The Dr. came to my cubical and asked me to straighten my leg and I can... then he asked me to bend it, no problem, and he smiled and said "You're there! Any questions?"
"When are we going to do the other one?" says I, "It is really unstable."
"Well, we really go by how painful it is."
I told him neither knee has ever been so much painful as getting more and more unstable and swelling a lot. There are a lot of things I cannot do anymore. The instability really limits my activities. So, he brought up the xrays of both knees....
Oh.... that's bad.... I'll get the forms and you can fill them out."
And we start again... he said once the forms are processed it will be about 6 months. :yes!:
At least I know what to expect medical wise.... I can only hope the next surgery goes as well and I heal as fast! Fingers are crossed.
From there we did a much needed shop at Costco (are they in uk yet?) for an hour and a half. Leaning on the basket made me feel more secure. I found it hard when people bumped me. :rolleyes: Should have brought my cane so I could club the 'pushy' people. (What do you mean it is against the law! :wink: They pushed me first!) Then we headed for the ferry.
We stopped at our favorite little seafood shop on the way and picked up fresh sushi and sunomono to go and some white zinfandel for our ferry line up picnic. Jazz was happy that I took dog food with us. (she thinks they are treats) :puppysmooze: We all had late lunch.
All in all it was a great day.:yay:I told Rob the stuff could be put away tommorrow (my job today between ice and elevation...) We had frozen pizza by the telly... and the rest of the bottle of that wine.... easy peasy. My leg was pretty swollen.... kinda like the michellin man at the ankle.... and sore... but I took a little extra pain med and slept well.:sleep: The swelling went down overnight. I am taking it easy today, cause I can... I want my knee to love me again.:console2:
You all have a great day!!!!
 
Great report Joy!:thumb: I am so glad you got the works started for your next knee, it will be a blessing when they are both done. I love how you celebrated on your way back, sushi and wine you can't go wrong with that my friend!:friends: Your little Jazz (love the name) had her treat too and was quite happy I'm sure! Congratulations on a great day!
 
Joy at last. I was begining to think something was wrong. I am soooooo peased you had a good day. Wow you sure pack a lot in there dont you. OS a little trip around asda and I was done. Well done you. And youve already arranged for the next one. Youre braver than me. Ive been in pain all day today. Wasnt listening to my knees y'day. You sounded like you really enjoyed your day. Lovely. xx Now REST.
 
Great report. I couldn't do all that, except for maybe the wine part! That trip sounds very nice. I always enjoy Vancouver. we will have to meet sometime for a walk...and wine, haha! ( reality, im a beer girl and dont much care for wine) You are a brave girl to do the second one so soon. I'm having a hard time so I'm going to pop on over to my thread and complain!
 
Yes, I did enjoy my day... It was great medicine. :SUNsmile:
I am sorry to take so long to reply but I was so tired when I got home.... I waited til this am to answer. It took a lot out of me and my leg was really stiff this morn when I got up but it has loosened up some with a little movement but I can tell it will swell very quickly if I do too much so rest is on the menu today.:angel:
 
So! How did you survive all the festivities? Resting up today? :sleep: :mcoffee:
 
Yes, Randi yesterday and today have been quieter. I had such a good day Saturday.
The volunteer lunch was nice.... my 30 year old that lives at home drove since she came home from her union stuff in Van. friday night and my 32 year old came as well as we all volunteer regularly. I saw several friends, one I have not seen for for a few weeks.... so we got caught up.
Then after a couple hours R,I,&E....we went to my company Christmas party and had a wonderful time... Dinner was wonderful... Turkey and Ham with all the fixings, red peppers stuffed with cheesesauce and cauliflower, asparagus and mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm! And a couple of glasses of nice wine on the boss (gotta like that! :beer: ) Then music all evening. Rob told me (as I was chair dancing):happydance: that if I took my butt off the seat he was taking me home... :sad:LOL... So I behaved myself.:angel:And kept my leg up on a chair. It was a great outing and I got to visit with all my work friends.
I was really pleased that my leg only swelled a little and did not give me much trouble. Overnight the swelling came down. I have cut back on the (ASA and codiene)292 pills I am taking 2 or 3 times per day for pain with an aleve (over the counter naproxine).
I did not do a lot on Sunday :sleep:but did some chores, our usual meat draw and then started dinner... Rob had to finish because my knee said enough... Did less today and it is behaving.... The swelling always comes down overnight.... knock on wood. I am doing slittle more each day/ week but still follow the mantra in between chores.
How are all you doing... what did or didn't you get up to???? :what:
 
Joy, Sounds like you are doing great and doing a whole lot of things for just a short time out! This past Saturday I baked cookies for a cookie exchange party and it took me about 2.5 hours although I did not stand the whole time. But I really paid for it the next day, but not in my knees but in my back!
 
Yes....:egypdance: I am doing very well! I do have to admit that the bad knee gets tired quickly, there for I stop just before I do something unwise. It gets tired and sore about the same time as my new knee needs to rest. It has been a pleasant surprise to be at a point where my new knee is still feeling good as the other one is starting to ache. I have been doing all of my chores in short spurts and putting my leg up to rest for years. It is the only way I can get everything done in a day. It was not unusual for my coworkers to see me with my leg on a chair at the Christmas party as I also did this at lunch time in the lunch room. :thumb:
I am hoping to get some baking done this week and maybe get the tree up. We will see. There are only the four of us for Christmas dinner and I will get my oldest to come over help Dad cook the dinner since my other daughter has to work. Dinner will be around her shedule. I will also make the dressing for the turkey and stuff it. Candice did it one year when I was too sick to cook. She did not know what I put in the stuffing and decided to get 'creative'!:eeeuw: I don't think anyone ate the stuffing that year including Candice!:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom