TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randi good for you getting comfortable.
Creeker I can't believe all the stuff you did Sunday! I see you had to pay for it but still that's amazing. I don't have the stamina for that or at least I don't think so. I wonder how you did today, it was our 4 week anniversary today!
 
Marianne... It was and if you go back a couple of posts I said Rob told me to stay in bed and rest so I rested..... in the living room, but I just rested, iced and elevated.... It was a good day and the swelling is down and the pain is gone.... I am getting the odd cramp in my calf but that is not new... talk more tomorrow.
 
Joy, Glad you had a better day and that the swelling is down. Sounds like you had a very busy day!
 
Randi and Joy, you two sound like you are doing great!:yay: Tomorrow I see my doctor and hopes he will release me back to work. I saw my co-workers yesterday and they want me back , this time of year we work doubly hard, snowbirds you got to love them!:giggle: I will be checking on you both, keep up the good work and remember always to listen to the knee, I did! :)
 
Wow!!! 5 weeks tomorrow!!! I had another first this weekend! I took my first full bath! Not much to most I am sure but it was heaven to me!!!!:angel: I soaked for two hours! Ahhhhh.:yes:
I will see my OS next week for my 6 week check up. I had a busy weekend and found I did not have to ice as much and the swelling has gone away.... Now I have to work hardest to not over do. I do not need a set back. Rest, elevate and ice..... it works!
 
Hey, that is great news. A bath feels like heaven at this point. I usually bathe a lot in the winter to keep the chill off my liver! :happydance: You are doing great. Such a good role model! So be careful and don't overdo it!
 
Randi it is easy to not overdo with all of the lovely liquid sunshine! :thumb: I know you know what I mean!!!! Too wet to do much. They say it will be a wet week. Think I will set up the fireplace and have a nice fire.... it always cheers me up.:cheers:
 
Joy, I know how that first bath feels, I have to laugh now, when I first got in the tub no problem, it was when I was ready to get out , Big Problem :yikes: I couldn't get up! Yelled at husband to come and help me! But how nice the water felt! I didn't sleep with my ice pack after that! Just to let you know I start work on Monday, bringing my ice packs with me! I do hope you and all of BonesSmart family have a nice Thanksgiving. Will talk to you lovely people later and keep up the great work! Ice and elevate!
 
Redbird.... Thank you for the good wishes.... It was a wonderful thanks giving, in Canada we celebrate the second monday of October, it was Oct 10th this year. I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of my BoneSmart American friends. Have a great weekend. :thumb:
Good luck going back to work... Take it easy.... I know just a little rise in activity level and my knee gets a little more sore. So elevate, rest and ice!!!:snork:
Randi.... Weatherman said a break in the rain and wind, then the satellite photo showed the next pinapple express coming in, hitting you, Victoria, Vancouver (BC), then us, in that order. Just watched a news blurb on Oregon and Washington state storm result and hope there is not so much flooding this time. Put you water wings on!!!:giggle:
 
No kidding!! It's sunny now (sunny break!). Have my water wings AND life raft handy.
"Après moi...le deluge!"
 
Well it is still dry and I am going for a walk to my egg fridge at the end of my driveway with Jazz, then I will elevate and ice while I sort some clean laundry and fold it. We are in for a nasty weedend weatherwise starting with heavy rain and wind tonight.... welcome to winter in the rainforest of Coastal, BC, Canada and the Pacific Northwest, USA. This weather comes from warm air from Hawaii that results in rain, rain, and more rain.... yes I have webbed feet. My area of Roberts Creek we are known for wearing our Gumbies (Gumboots) and refer to ourselves as the Gumboot Nation! lol
I did not get my wine batches on yesterday (mentioned in Robynhood's -Onward and upward thread) but did get a lot of the prep done. Looks like my 1/2 day job may take 2 days (or 3). Oh well some home made wine will be nice for Christmas, something to look forward to.:cheers: Cheers Guys..... Have a great day!:happydance:I'll check back later......
 
Still hasn't rained here, Gumbie, maybe we'll get a reprieve. Maybe I spoke too soon, I just heard some wind gusts. No doubt the Pineapple Express is heading our way. Stay safe and dry and don't forget to do your exercises! PS: when do you think the wine will be ready???
 
Good Luck with the wine Joy. Hope the weather dosent get too bad. We had a lot of rain and wind overnight especially in Wales where my son lives. Where i live we dont get it too bad. Maybe have to buy some Gumbies lined up just in case. I learnt something as well from you. Didnt know you had your Thanksgiving in October. Learning all the time on this forum. Take care x
 
LOL.... Not much on the TV this AM so have turned on a sifi called Seattle Superstorm..... More like a comedy!!!! I do like the fact that it seems to be filmed at least in part in Vancouver....
Randi, the storm here picked up about mid night and blew for a while rearranging the deck furniture it blew over last time. We tend to get the brunt of the wind while Port Mellon (where the mill is) gets way more rain. Now it is just raining.
The wine will be ready Dec 23. I haven't done this for awhile so it will be a challenge to getting organized but today is the day....
I have been slacking on my exercises... My ROM is great so I have been getting busy with life so, yesterday I decided to start doing the flight of stairs to the basement a couple times a day... that is something I am still very slow and having trouble with.... I have the original stairmasrer!:thumb:
 
:mcoffee:Monday!:mcoffee: Busy weekend. Thank heavens Rob was home and helped catch up some of the stuff he and my daughter never see to do. Funny how that works... not:headbang:
I got my three batches of wine on!:yahoo:They will be ready just in time for Christmas. That was a very big job as I have not been set up for many years and there was a lot of prep work before I started that I was able to do in little spurts all week between elevating and resting. By Saturday night my whole leg was puffy and a bit swollen but the swelling comes down overnight now.
I did not do much on Sunday. Went for a ride to Sechelt.... The season is changing quickly now, leaves are gone and this morning we have a hard frost. It was really cold on the way home last night. I drove for the first time since tkr. We have a Jeep with a bit of a lift on it. I had no problem with the standard. We don't own an automatic so I was in no rush to push driving again. Freedom!!!!!:bicycle1: Now I can get my hair cut!
 
I know, the swelling really shows us our limits. I went to my two hour French class and am resting with my leg up now. It is swollen. Lindsay is decorating the tree. Life is good...if only I had a cookie! (Chronic malcontent) and I'm glad you mentioned a haircut, I need one bad, esp. now that I may have a chance to go out in public.
 
Ya we always want what we have to get up to have....:giggle: Got my hair cut..... So nice and short and easy! Work called and asked if I would like to come to the Christmas Party on sat the 1st.... Hell ya!!!! free meal and an evening out!!! Had to get the hair cut!
Hmm French lessons.... tres bon! Je parle en petit francaise. Tres petit francaise. Au revoir mon amie.
 
Well Joy hope you have a good night out Saturday and behave yourself. Not too many dance moves and dancing on tables !!! I put a colour on my hair this week to get rid of the grey peeking through and feel so much better. OS cleared me for driving yday but am not in any rush to be honest. We havent got an automatic either and feel a little bit nervous with the old clutch pedal. I was more happy he cleared me for a bath. Now that was heaven. Take Care x x
 
I still would rather not be driving. Rob will drive tomorrow in Vancouver. Shauna is at the Labour conferance in Vancouver this week and I would have been stranded during the day here. So short trips.... little traffic.
As for dancing on the tables..... they would have to be made of concrete or steel girders:rotfl:
Hmmm.... a nice hot bath.... you may have just planned my morning.....:)
 
I can't wait to have a nice bath again! I have a jetted tub and I just love it in there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom