TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks to go!!!! :yes!: I did my pre op appointment today and am all set to go.... Thursday I will get the last of my ducks in a row (borrowing a walker and bath seat from the loan cupboard) and I will be set! I was happy to skip the newbie class as I am not a newbie... it still took 4 hours....:umm: and two tries to get blood for the blood tests....:headbang: but all is well. :yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?
Won't be long now and you'll have two great knees, Creeker13. There will be just be no stopping you!!! :)
 
You have that right Judy! I am just 8 days to go and have all my gear set. I feel so organized! I have 3 more days of work left.... Thursday is my last day. Woo Hoo!.... not standing on the concrete floors :groan: for 4 months! By the time I get back I will be out in the garden center for the summer. (I hope) The cash shack has a wooden floor and is much easier to stand on for 8 hours.
Next weekend I will be getting my room set up and today I will have the chickens organized for Rob to care for easily.
 
Well.... last day is behind me at work:egypdance: ... as is my annual physical and forms for sick pay, ferry and handicap parking tag were filled out by GP:yahoo: ... Hair cut Monday and I am good to go.... :tada:
I am first up Tuesday morning just like last time. I will spend tomorrow and Sunday getting my "nest" in my room re and re'd and my spot ready in the living room for when I feel Sociable. :rotfl:
I hope all my 19th buddies are all ready to go. I noticed there were a lot of us. I am hoping like last time I will be home and 'chatting' by Thursday night. If I can stay awake that long!:thud:
 
:goodpost:
Hi Joy, you sound very organised and ready to get on with having your second new knee.
Enjoy the weekend. Try to do something nice and get out and about a bit. Smart idea getting your hair cut, I did that too.
Good news that you are first on the list.
I will be thinking about you and hoping everything goes smoothly and that you are well looked after in hospital.
Hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
I will be thinking about you and hoping everything goes smoothly and that you are well looked after in hospital.

Thanks TF.... I have a plan for that too.... last time out it seemed every time I got a meal they had to whisk me away for a test or to my room.... result... missed meals and the dried out stuff they managed to find... well... :sick:. I am not real picky but :eeeuw: . I will be taking some good snacks and some cash to 'order in' so that won't happen again.
All in all, I am ready. We have a pub night tomorrow with our friends and I think we will go out for a nice lunch or dinner Monday. And I have my support group.... online :friends: , :puppysmooze: ,:kittykiss: x4 and awesome hubby, Rob. I am blessed!:angel:
 
You will be in my thoughts Joy. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Will look forward to you being on the forum again telling us of your progress this time round. Take care x x :friends: :friends: :friends:
 
Thinking about you today Joy, I hope everything goes smoothly today.
Look forward to hearing that it's all over and you are on the recovery road,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :bicycle2:
 
Hello Joy, how are you doing? No problem if you are not up to answering at the moment.
I hope you are comfortable,
Gentle Hugs,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Thanks Tooth Fairy.... It is all good. I got out this morning and we took our lovely scenic ferry ride home on a beautiful sunny chilly late fall morning. It was perfect!
Jazz was with Rob. They dropped me off on Tuesday and I think she thought Rob forgot me. Rob said she was missing me and slept on my pillow last night. She didn't talk to him much either. I got the nicest cuddle and greeting when I got in the car. :puppysmooze: Now Harley:kittykiss: is camped on my bed with me...:kittykiss: It is nice to be missed!!!
This knee has gone easier than the first. I know what is coming and was well prepared. I surprised them with my leg lifter and how much I already knew..... :wink: really.... it has only been a year since the last surgery and I haven't forgotten it yet. I know.... and not likely to either. The first breakfast was just as bad but the meals were better after that and they took me to x-ray after I ate.... separating me from my meals.... :hissy: not a good idea! Rob brought me a bag of fresh fruit when I had arrived in my room so I had snacks if the meals did not go well.
It is nice to be home in my own bed and have my computer back! So I will go and see how everyone else has faired! Take care all!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Joy, what a lovely cheery post, you sound really well.
Remember to relax and rest and take it very easy. You know the mantra, rest, ice and elevate and keep taking the tablets.
It's all progress from now on. Congratulations on being the proud owner of two shiny new knees. I hope it doesn't take them too long to become friends and to work as a team.
Have a great day,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
So pleased youre home and all went well. I'm sure it must be easier second time round because as you say we are never going to forget the first TKR. Hope the weather is not too bad with you. It's gone very cold here and my knee is feeling it. Good Luck with your progress. Will keep an eye out for your posts.
 
G'morning all... Yes Pat, the winter chill is now in the air.:snork: Where I live it doesn't get much past 0 Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit until January and the coldest is about -10 C (12 F) for a couple of weeks in January. We are a temperate climate much like the UK. My great niece is in Fort MacMurray, Alberta, the oil sands area North East of Edmonton and posted on Facebook that they were -31 C (-23F) and snowing while I was in hospital... She can have it.... Rob and I don't like the cold.
It was nice to get up in my own time this morning and have a wash and wash my hair just after breakfast.:mcoffee: I did a round of my exercises as best I could but it is day 3 and all the bruising and sore muscles from being worked like a pretzel are in full bloom. Ow,:groan: ow,:groan: ow:groan: ! I will be going very easy until the incision has healed and the stiffness has passed.:happydance: I am finding that this time around I am using less of the stronger painkillers and am having better coverage with a mix of the others... I think maybe my first TKR is doing well covering for my new TKR. my knees both feel so stable!:yes!: It looks like Dr. Sabiston is 2 for 2 on great surgeries. I know all of the attendants, PTs and nurses at the hospital sure think he is "the best!" :bow: They all told me so.
Well, must get on with my day... another round of exercises:yay: and a walk to the kitchen for my snack:yes: , pay some bills, then meds and maybe a nap... or nap after lunch.:sleep:
Later guys! Have a great day!
 
Good day all! Here we are just about a week (6 days) after my knee surgery and things are going well.
I had a very tough time Friday night as I did not have my pain meds organized right.... so by evening I was in enough pain:groan: that nothing was helping.... probably did too much. Saturday AM I rearranged my pill schedule and used my mobile phones alarm clock system to remind me of my pill times. For the description of each setting I used the drug I needed to take so my alarm goes off and it displays the drug I am supposed to take at each given time. Each time setting I told it to repeat every day of the week. It works great so I take my meds on time and I know which to take.... With the good drugs it sure was tough figuring that all out:rolleyes: :giggle:
It has been nice having my pup laying at my feet :puppysmooze: ready to give me a lick or cuddle. Rob has done a great job making meals.... He has been laid off for a couple weeks.... good timing! I am very lucky.
 
Hi Joy,
How are you doing now?
Sorry to hear you had a pain management blip but you made a good recovery from that.
You phone alarm/ drug reminder is a great idea.
I hope things are starting to progress gently. Slow progress is the way to go. I expect your knee is still very grumpy at the moment.
It's a good feeling to have two strong knees.
I'm glad you are being looked after well, make the most of it.
Have a great day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :rolleyes: :wink:
 
Good day all! Here we are just about a week (6 days) after my knee surgery and things are going well.
I had a very tough time Friday night as I did not have my pain meds organized right.... so by evening I was in enough pain:groan: that nothing was helping.... probably did too much. Saturday AM I rearranged my pill schedule and used my mobile phones alarm clock system to remind me of my pill times. For the description of each setting I used the drug I needed to take so my alarm goes off and it displays the drug I am supposed to take at each given time. Each time setting I told it to repeat every day of the week. It works great so I take my meds on time and I know which to take.... With the good drugs it sure was tough figuring that all out:rolleyes: :giggle:
It has been nice having my pup laying at my feet :puppysmooze: ready to give me a lick or cuddle. Rob has done a great job making meals.... He has been laid off for a couple weeks.... good timing! I am very lucky.

I have just started using an app called Dosecast on my iPad and iPhone. It doesn't have an audible alarm hut everytime I pick up either I get a banner reminding me to take something. If love to know what you'r using.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
tmwillia
I used pillboxie app on my iPhone. It does have an audible alarm. I found it was good.
Toothfairy x
 
@tmwillia ... I just set the alarm clock on my smart phone to repeat each day of the week at the time for a drug and put the drug in as the description of what alarm is going off... ie- hydromorphone @ 3:00 pm rings everyday at 3 and says hydromophone on the screen. I dismiss the ringing and take the pill.... it is set to ring again tomorrow. I set it up for each time to take a drug and if there is more than one drug to take, they are listed in the description. I looked at the apps and did not find a free one to my liking. I got to delete the 9 am alarm this morning as I took my last shot of anti clotting agent.:yay:
Toothfairy ... I will have to check out that app. Thanks! I am doing very well for 10 days.... my incision is healing quickly and feels a lot less sore now. I need to download pics from my phone to show off.... the scar looks nicer than last time. Other than light stretches and lifts I am resting, icing and elevating my leg so the only time my knee acts up is when I stretch a little too much or overdue a bit:dancy: :groan:which isn't often. How are you getting on? 3 months on #2.... You must be starting to feel the freedom.:yahoo: I am kindda glad I waited for the 13 months (not by choice) as all of the running around I do at work did wonders to strengthen my new knee and keep #2 in shape. Definitely a good thing!:yes:
 
Nice to hear you are progressing well Joy. I'm sure we will all be a little more sensible with knee number 2. We know what to expect and we not to try to rush things. We are gradually getting into the Christmas mood here in the Jones household. Last year was more sitting back and watching and advising. Much more involved this year with everything and to wake up without pain and go to bed without pain is still a novelty to me which I love. Hoping you have a restful recovery week next week. Take Care. Sending you Hugs x x :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom