Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is the third year I've been part of the team putting it together .... for us Scots and Irish, it's great fun. I have charge of the authors, but there' pipers, dancers, sheep herding, Scottish games, vendors, food, a concert at night, singing groups, British car show. I've been wearing that elastoc spft brace pretty much all day which helps keep it stabilized, and I'm not as afraid I'm going to fall as without it. Does that sound like flexion stability or maybe inflammation? I keep hearing him say the word tumor .... of course I would hear that the loudest! Catastrophic thinking!
Do you know what they do if it just inflammation? and what causes inflammation?
Thanks so much for all of your help.
abby :puppysmooze::kittykiss:
 
I have charge of the authors, but there' pipers, dancers, sheep herding, Scottish games, vendors, food, a concert at night, singing groups, British car show.

Oh that sounds like so much fun!! What a wonderful venue for you to be a part of~and to take your mind off your woes if only temporarily. I am going to hope for the best for you. Send the word "tumor" packing and focus on fluffy sheep.

I did think of another option for you regarding transportation to and from the clinic or hospital. Some ambulance services offer non-emergency medical transportation and bill Medicare for the service. An EMT, paramedic, or other health professional will drive and assist you at the hospital or clinic.
 
I've been wearing that elastoc spft brace pretty much all day which helps keep it stabilized, and I'm not as afraid I'm going to fall as without it. Does that sound like flexion stability or maybe inflammation? I keep hearing him say the word tumor .... of course I would hear that the loudest! Catastrophic thinking!
Glad the elastock spft brace helps with pain and balance. I doubt it is a tumor, but it is the one word that gets our attention. Since you knee is swollen most likely you do have inflammation, as for the flexion instability, it does sound like your knee is unstable. If it is flexion instability your surgeon is the only one who can answer that question. I would ask him directly about flexion instability at your follow up appt after your bone scan.
An unstable knee moving all over the place can cause inflammation, as can infection, or a loose implant.
Have fun at the festival.
 
The festival sounds great! Make sure you tell us about it. My son and daughter both married people with the same Irish last name. We have great times with them both! Take care!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
The festival sounds great! Make sure you tell us about it. My son and daughter both married people with the same Irish last name. We have great times with them both! Take care!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi there ..... it is wonderful fun! This is my third year being involved, and this year I think working with the authors is going to be great fun. My son, his girlfriend, and one of my daughters are coming. At least with this job I can do a lot of sitting chartting with the authors, which should be interesting. My maternal family were all Scotch from the Highlands, with the last name being MacPherson.

I'm calling to set up an appt. for the bone scan .... I'm thinking inflammation, infection, or loosening of the part. I didn't go down to Baltimore. When I talked to the office in Baltimore this last time, she said they "prefer" patients see their own doctors first. So, that's what I did. He listened intently, asked a lot of questions, examined it manually and had 3 x-rays take ..... sides and front. Now I'm going for a bone scan, when I get an appt., which I will today. It's twice the size of my other knee .... quite lovely ..... NOT! Take care ......
abby :doggie::catbutterfly:
 
So glad you have the festival to look forward, and your knee sleeve relieves the pain, so you can praticipate!
Hope you get a bone scan appt ASAP!
Have fun!
 
Me too, Pumpkin. I called them this morning and I got an appointment for Tuesday. I was having some allergy problems last few weeks, and now it's blown up to a big old sinus cold. So, I'm attacking it , and if it's not better by Monday I'll call the doctor. If they can't fit me in I'll go to one of those Medical Centers that you can just walk in. I sure don't want to feel like this for next Saturday. And on top of that, I've got one of those ice pick headaches. Oi Vey! They sure aren't very helpful.
Take care, abby
 
@amberpep
[Bonesmart.org] Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep
 
Abby,
Hope you can be seen for your sinus problems. Happy that your bonescan is on Tuesday!!
 
Glad your test is so soon! Much better to get it over with.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Thank you all for the good wishes. I want to get it done and find out what's going on in there. (guess you can tell, I'm not always the most patient soul!) I guess the least it could be is inflammation - I don't know what they do with that, but he said with an infection it's sort of a hunt to find out what the bacteria is..... aspiration, sometimes several times. I don't mind that. I slept all afternoon yesterday and it really helped this cold, allergy, sinus problem, whatever it is. I'm meeting a girlfriend for lunch then I'm coming home again and sleep for the afternoon. I use a Neti pot too .... I think that helps more than anything. Only thing that is really aggravating is the ice pick headache. If anyone knows why I get these, please let me know. I've gotten them since I was a kid, always when I have some sort of virus. Guess I'm falling apart at my old age! Maybe I need a caretaker!
Better go .... thank you dear friends for your support and encouragement. I'll be back soon.
abby
 
Abby,
How was you lunch date? Hope you got a good nap when you returned home.
I love my Neti pot, it can help quite a bit with allergies, washing out the pollen.
3 more days until your bone scan...
 
Hi Pumpkin .....
Lunch was fine .... I was only able to eat 1/2 the sandwich and had the rest for supper. I came home, used my Neti Pot (love that little thing), took 1 Sudafed, and 2 more Ibuprofen for that ice pick headache. Then I crashed for about 3 hours. This morning I'm feeling better, just plain tired. I'm going to sleep for awhile. I can't wait til Tuesday comes and I get the bone scan. This sounds crazy but I'm excited to go ...... only thing that worries me is the radiation.
abby
 
Abby,
Glad your lunch went well, and you had enough left over for dinner!
I just decided not to worry about the radiation, I needed that bone scan to help figure out what was going on in my knee. I was kinda disappointed that I did not glow in the dark that evening :heehee:.
Here is some information from the library using a lemon squeezed in water as a cleanser.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/the-humble-lemon.21739/
Be sure to read the cautions at the bottom of the article.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom