Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby,
I am needing new shoes, planning on spending $$$$$ to get a good fit with a shoe store that knows shoes.
To find the right shoe, will depend on your foot type, arch height, low arch, flat feet, high arch, etc. be sure to get the right shoe for you. Then it is worth spending the money. Often running shoes are better for walking than walking shoes. @RunA42K May have some helpful suggestions.
For quality control, be sure the heel counter in vertical, and that the shoe lays flat, and does not rock on a flat surface, many shoes are warped. #shoes

I just wrote about this on my thread for @busylizzie. Click on the link to my thread down in my signature, to find me.
 
Hi there ..... may have been for lizzie, but it's good information for all of us.
Thanks much .....
abby
 
Hi friends .... well, tomorrow I go see the new OS for a second opinion. I don't know why, but I find myself extremely nervous today about it. My stomach is in knots and I have an ice pick headache. I'm never like this when I go to any doctor. Don't know why now.
Thanks for listening.:scary:
abby
 
I understand, it is scary to think you are going to find out that which you do not want to know, but you really do want to know! :yikes: :bolt::sos: :scare:
 
Hi Pumpkin ..... somehow it's different when it comes from a doctor I've never met before. I don't know if it's a safety issue or a trust issue or what it is.
abby
 
Hi all ..... I saw the new doctor today and what a difference. He and his entire office staff have not lost that "people touch." There are 8 doctors in the practice, but only 1 is there at a time. He drew pictures and explained everything to me. He said he never uses the DePuy anymore because of problems like this. He said that 10% out of 1,000 people that have it, have to have a knee replacement again. Doesn't sound like much but when you figure it out and you're one of them, it is. He's going to replace the DePuy with a Zimmer ..... I don't remember the end of it but it was Zimmer something. It will happen in July, but not sure when. Now, what to do with my dog and my cat.
abby
 
Abby,
I am happy to hear you have an answer to your problems and an answer. I am glad you like this new office, and have found someone you have confidence in for a revision.
Hope you can arrange a pet sitter :catbutterfly::doggie:.
 
Hi Pumpkin ..... I've written to my son and my X to see if they would possibly take my dog and split the time up. The doctor said at least 4 weeks, and preferably 5 or 6 before I get her back. I have a cat also, but my neighbor upstairs will come down and take care of her. I really like this doctor ..... very personable, explains things very thoroughly, and you don't feel rushed at all. They're all really "people people." ((does that make sense?)) So, at least now I know what the clunking and grinding is from.
abby
 
Just been reading about the Zimmer Gender-Specific Knee, and it makes me wonder why my other doctor didn't try that one first. The anatomy of a female, both from the hip and in the knee is different and smaller. Interesting.
abby
:what:
 
Now I've got a question ...... my X husband told me that his neighbor - a man - had both knees done at the same time and he was up and around in no time and is doing great. Really????? Really???????????
Any input from anyone?
abby
:chinstroke:
 
@JustJeff had bilaterals in April, he is on vacation, cycling and kayaking. He does have some minor swelling.

We cannot compare, everyone is different, we just caught the slow train that stops at every station, others catch the high speed non stop express.

I am glad you have found a surgeon you like, and are pleased with the implant that is going to be used.
The OS use the implant they are most comfortable with, the outcomes between implants is the same.
The Conformia custom implants are coming out with early good results, but need more study to determine if they are better than the off the shelf products.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom