Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pumpkin .... actually when I called his office his receptionist got me in next Friday! I could have even gone today, but I had this computer guy coming. I have a feeling when another OS sends someone to them for a second opinion, they move pretty quickly.
I don't get it either ..... DePuy is only hurting themselves. The longer they let this go, the more lawsuits they'll have. It doesn't make any kind of good business sense to me. But then .... no one asked me! :umm:
Abby
 
Great you are being seen so soon, what a relief to find someone you can drive to on your own.
Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.
Have a good weekend.
 
Pumpkin ...... I am too! I have a feeling when another doctor recommends someone, they move more quickly. Might just be my crazy thinking, but when did I EVER get in within a week, or even the next day? Never.
Now here comes my "let's do it now" part ..... if he thinks I do need another TKR, OK then, let's do it ASAP. I'd rather get it done as soon as possible. Sort of like going to the dentist, "just get in the chair and get it over with."
Take care,
abby :heehee:
 
I probably told you all this, but just in case, my dr. wrote a 4 page letter to the new OS giving him the whole history of my knee. Holy cow. One word I didn't like in the letter was when he said, "when I bend her knee, I can hear this 'clunking' sound." CLUNKING SOUND. Holy Cow .... makes it sound like there's ball bearings in there! Yeowee. :reading:
abby
 
I'm glad your doc is getting the ball rolling on this! :phone:
 
I am glad you got an appointment so quickly! I see my surgeon this week to start my planning for my left knee! Good luck!
 
Hi there friends .... I had the distinct feeling that if another surgeon sends you for a second opinion, they get you in quickly out of respect for the other doctor. She said she actually could get me in last Friday (I called Thurs.) but by that time there was no way I could do it. So, instead I'm going this Friday. I'm delighted to get this "show on the road." :dancy:
abby
 
Happy that you have an appointment this Friday. Good luck with it!
 
Ball bearings Yikes!
I think some clunking is normal, glad you are getting a second set of eyes on your knees on Friday.
:friends::yes!::flwrysmile:
 
Me too, Pumpkin ..... me too. I really want this taken care of, so I can out there and do some things again. Today it hurts like crazy - a definite Advil day. Yesterday it was not too bad. When I wear that elastic brace, it really seems to make it feel better .... I have no idea why. I never know when I get up what it's going to feel like, except when it's going to rain. Then I know it's not going to be a good day. Very strange .....
How are you doing after your procedures? Do you have any pain? Any ball bearings in there? Do both your knees feel pretty good by now? You've been through a lot ..... knees can cause us so many problems. I know it's changed the type of shoes I get. I just went through all my shoes (I'm ashamed to tell you how many), and gave bags and bags to Good Will. I now have 2 sandals, 2 dress, and my sneakers. Wow, that's really unusual for me, but I have to get ones that are very soft and supportive. Of course that means Dansko, Merrill, and the like. Nothing I'd have ever bought before because of $$. Now I have no choice. Do you have to wear shoes like that?
Take care Pumpkin .... it's always good to hear from you.
abby
 
Hi Abby - I have to wear shoes like that too. I also have very wide feet. I live Clark's the best. My sneakers are propets. I also like them but they run a little small if you do get them. Can't wait until Friday for your OS visit. Take care!
 
Abby,
I am needing new shoes, planning on spending $$$$$ to get a good fit with a shoe store that knows shoes.
To find the right shoe, will depend on your foot type, arch height, low arch, flat feet, high arch, etc. be sure to get the right shoe for you. Then it is worth spending the money. Often running shoes are better for walking than walking shoes. @RunA42K May have some helpful suggestions.
For quality control, be sure the heel counter in vertical, and that the shoe lays flat, and does not rock on a flat surface, many shoes are warped.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, that's what my P.T. told me. The pairs I've gotten I've bought from a place called "if the shoe fits" and they always measure you, and bring out the type you'd need. They said if it doesn't feel good right away, it's not the right shoe. But, you're right ...... they're $$$$$$ ...... gone are my days of cheaper shoes. Oh well, it is what it is. Let me know any other info. you may have. My arch is extremely high, so I have to be careful with that part of it. I've seen a lot of regular department store shoes that are actually turned up intentionally on the front.
How in the world could anyone walk in them ..... too weird. Let me know what you find when you go shoe shopping.
abby
 
Hi Jozilla .... well that's 2 points for Clarks! I've got 2 pairs of Dansko for colder weather and 1 pair of sandals which are Merrill. I got them all at "if the shoe fits" and he was right .... they've never bothered me at all. Right from the get go it felt like I'd worn them for months. No breaking in time!
abby
 
Question about replacements ..... first of all, I was not quite sure where to put this, so I just followed it along behind our discussion about shoes. If that's wrong, please let me know.
I have a DePuy Rotating Platform knee, and I've done a good bit of research on it. It seems a lot of folks have had problems with this one and there are actually lawsuits against DePuy about it. I have no idea if this is my problem or not ..... whatever "the" problem is with them, but can any of you tell me just what is wrong with these? They never say and I'm just wondering what goes wrong. If there is a problem, why do they keep using them? My OS told me they're for people who want to remain active. OK .... I get that, but I sure have not been "active" for 3 years!
Any info. anyone can provide? I'd like to go into this new OS with as much info. as I can get. Many thanks,
abby
 
OK, I just found a site where people are writing about this particular knee. Apparently every one of them never stopped having pain, and the knee failed way before it should have .... 15-20 years...... they failed in 3-4. Mine was 3, and like me, most of them had scar tissue removed. I wonder what is wrong with these that they keep hurting and fail so soon?
abby
 
Hi Abby,
You have a high arch, so do I, here is a copy of a post from RunA42k, about shoes for high arches.

"If you do NOT pronate and have a pretty high arch then Asics and Mizuno have some of the highest arched shoes. If you do NOT pronate then you are in the neutral category. Shoes in the neutral category are Asics Nimbus, Asics Cumulus, Mizuno Wave Rider, Mizuno Wave Creation, Saucony Ride, Saucony Triumph, Brooks Glycerin, Brooks Ghost New Balance 1080, and my new absolute favorite is the Adidas Energy Boost...omg they are so comfortable I own 6 pair now in different colors.
For those who do NOT pronate, who are neutral or might supinate (walk on the outside of their feet) then the top shoe for them is the Asics Nimbus, also cut gender specific, supportive and very cushioned."

Think of it as a per month cost, won't seem so overwhelming.
 
Abby,


I broke the outside of my foot stepping into the New Balance supinate shoes for the last time. I now wear the Brooks glycerin which have arch support. They are not for very high arches, just mid arches though. I love them!:yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom